ziplock bag question for plane

dangler

<font color=darkorchid>TY, are we going to need a
Hi Guys,

I read on our airlines website that we can bring 3 oz of liquid on the plane, but it must be in a quart sized ziplock bag. Is that a sandwich bag size? I can't figure out what size I need?

Thanks!:goodvibes

Bigger than a sandwich bag. Used more as a food storage/freezer bag, should be next to the gallon size freezer bags.

I blame us for adopting the metric system for all this confusion.

image.gif

Check out the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority website. They got information on what the size of the bag is.

I've pasted some info from the website below:

Restrictions on Liquids, Gels and Aerosols

The following security measures are in place until further notice:
Passengers are permitted to bring liquids, gels and aerosols through security screening at Canadian airports provided that the items are packaged in containers with a capacity of 100 ml / 100 grams (3.4 oz) or less, and that the containers fit comfortably in one clear, closed and resealable plastic bag with a capacity of no more than 1 litre (1 quart). The approximate dimensions of a one litre/quart bag are 15.24 cm by 22.86 cm (6 in. by 9 in.) or 20 cm by 17.5 cm (8 in. by 7 in.). One bag per passenger is permitted. Learn more...

I went through this last spring. You are looking for the medium size ziplock freezer bag.

Great, thanks! I will buy medium sized freezer bags. :goodvibes

Actually, I just found Medium Glad Zipper Freezer bags in my cupboards. The dimensions are 17.8 x 20.3.
This will be what we are looking for? I only need it for a sample sized bottle of sunscreen. What happens if the bag is too big or too small?

Actually, I just found Medium Glad Zipper Freezer bags in my cupboards. The dimensions are 17.8 x 20.3.
This will be what we are looking for? I only need it for a sample sized bottle of sunscreen. What happens if the bag is too big or too small?

Yes you've got the correct size bag.

Yup, it is the medium size. Besides that, we just noticed on our last trip to the airport (in Buffalo) that they have a table by the inspection that has empty bags on it, so if you are flying out of there and end up with the wrong size you can always grab one there.

Also, the way I read your post it sounded like you could only have one 3 oz. container of liquid. You can have more, just no one container of more than 3 oz., also all must fit into the bag.

Yup, it is the medium size. Besides that, we just noticed on our last trip to the airport (in Buffalo) that they have a table by the inspection that has empty bags on it, so if you are flying out of there and end up with the wrong size you can always grab one there.

I am in an airport several times a week; not every airport and not every terminal has these, so please do not rely on them.

I have always used a large sized ziplock bag and nothing has ever been said about it... although it is no where close to full... but has my meds, etc in it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter