Ziplock bags - cannot find here! Ideas?

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
Okay, after reading all the threads (on the Tips board) about these bags and how amazing they are - tried to buy some here and found out the 2 gallon storage ziplock bags are NOT available in Canada. Someone suggested the Zeller's has the Truly brand ones but I have yet to find a Zeller's which carries these bags. Several have said they are great for packing and organizing outfits by daily wardrobe plus a real space saver...
Any other ideas? Do you live near a Zeller's in Ontario that has these bags?
Americans are so lucky - they have such a wider selection!

I don't know if this will be of any help but it's worth a try, this is the phone # for Canadians to call for customer service for SC Johnson company, which makes ziplock bags: 1877-506-7352. You could call them and either ask them where the 2 gallon bags are available in your area or maybe they can send them to you direct. Good Luck :shamrock:

GIOny, how smart!

Torontogal,

I have to say one of the first things I bought for my last cruise, when we hit buffalo, was the 2 gallon bags. I had looked everywhere for them in TO and never saw larger then 1.5 gallon and that was only once. Generally I can only find the 1 gallon bags. And let me tell you nothing goes in those bags but disney trip items, lol. 1 gallons are great for the kids, up to about age 10 or so, had no problem packing my niece's daily outfits in those. But for adults the 2 gallon is so much easier.

Penny

The bags at Zellers are called Jumbo size and they are the Truly brand. I have always found them at any Zellers in Ontario I walk in.

You may have to really look at the shelves carefully because they are easy to miss depending on how they are stocked on the shelves. Usually they are stocked with the end of the box showing instead of horizontally across (does that make sense?). When stocked that way,you can't read the label that says Jumbo.

Another thing I have found at Zellers at odd times is Zip Lock Christmas gift bags in the same section. They are even bigger than the Jumbo bags. If you're going around Dec. you could also look for those.

Cute story.

A couple of months ago, my DD (14 tomorrow :D ) was going to Ottawa for the Safety Patrollers Jamboree. She packed (has been doing her own since she was 3), and then brought down her suitcase for me to check. Everything was Ziplocked! That's my girl! :earsgirl:

Have others found that the ziploc bags work? I bought a couple of boxes of them but found that air seeped into them and they lost their compactness. I would take all the air out and they would be okay for a while but if left for an hour air would be in it.
tigercat

I bought the 2 gallon Ziplocks for my last trip and they were great. I put one outfit into one bag and was so organized! The customs lady who searched my suitcase thought I was crazy though :) They were also great for storing wet clothing!

I got mine from a friend in Buffalo. I think he said they were about $2-$3 per box (10 bags/box for the Ziplock brand). If you know someone in the US, maybe you can get them to mail you a couple of boxes. I searched a lot of Wal-Marts, Zellers and Shoppers in the GTA and I wasn't able to find them here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter