“IT’S OUR MOTHER DAUGHTER TRIP!” Our Spontaneous Getaway - April 2011 COMPLETE 9/13

HOLD THE PHONE!

THE FILET WITH MAC&CHEESE IS NO LONGER ON THE MENU? WHAAAAAAA?

I've always wanted to try it! Steak and mac&cheese are like my two favorite foods! This is so disappointing. :sad2:

I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal though. Everything looks delicious. :upsidedow I also love that you wore sweatpants to a signature. So frumpishly fabulous. :thumbsup2

Lol I laughed when I read that you wore sweatpants to Jiko, although you couldn't really do much about it.

Mmmm the cauliflower soup sounds so good, Jiko looks so good! We didn't care for Boma but maybe we'll have to try Jiko in the future.

Jiko is soo my #1 signature that I MUST TRY. It looks fabulous. :thumbsup2

I remember you telling me about Shellie! How precious. :)

I'm glad you guys enjoyed your meal! That bread looks really good by the way! As does everything else. :cloud9:

that looks delicious! there are apparently many restaurants I have yet to try. I'll add this one to my list. No worry about the sweats. One time, I'm pretty sure I was in tony's, there was some mother in a SWIMSUIT with baggy shorts on. In Tony's!!!!

Haha I realized the same thing earlier this year. Kristen started spitting off names of so many restaurants and I was like... oh my gosh I haven't been to a good majority of these! So I've made new dining experiences the focus of my trips this year.
LOL Jiko is great! You should go there one day! And oh noo. That is a LITTLE too frumpy for tony's!!

What a great start! The steak and mac'ncheese is right up my alley - I would pass on the wine sauce too!
Waiting (im)patiently for more!

Thank you! Mmm it was yummy... I wish I could try it without the sauce because I'm sure I would have liked it even more!
And haha I will update soon I promise!

I hope so! I've been thinking about going down to Flower & Garden with my mother and older sister sometime - an extra person is the key to family vacations I've found. :upsidedow

I love all the different breads/butters that the restaurants have! I would LOVE to go on a bread-tasting tour through Disney. Do you remember what the napkins were made of? When I first saw the picture, I mistook it for burlap, which seemed weird for a signature. Were they just striped?

Ahh I bet that would work! And there's so much to do at the F&G Festival/Disney in General so I'm sure you would all love it!
And mmm so do I! Bread is like one of my favorite foods... as weird as that is :lmao:
And honestly, I have no idea. :( I was trying to think about it... but I just can't remember! I'm sorry!

Looks like it was really yummy...I would have to forgo the red sauce I think though....

Glad they overlooked your "frumpiness" although...you don't look like a frump at ALL! :)

It was! And perhaps you would have liked it!
And haha me too! But hahaha thank you!

Jiko sounds like a great table service! :thumbsup2 The Maize Crust Corvina looks and sounds delicious as does your Filet with mac n cheese with red wine sauce. Oh, some nice concoctions! I also love "fancy" bread, so that cinnamon bread sounds like something for me. :-) Your waitress sounded very nice (so nice of them to ignore the hint of Frump ;))... she did sound like a DISer and I wonder if she'll stumble upon this TR... hmmm... Great picture of you and your mom! :cutie: Now, I must ask, did you make any ADRs at Sanaa since you were staying at Kidani? That's my favorite Disney restaurant so I have to ask. LOL Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Extra note on the side, love your new profile pic and the frumpy princess tag! :teeth:

It was wonderful! And here's a secret... I actually liked that even better than my steak (shhh ;) if it wouldn't have had the wine sauce on it, though, that would have been a different story)
Mmm that bread was FANTASTIC! I couldn't get enough of it!
And yes, the service was wonderful! I wish she would find my TR! And thank you!
And I actually did go to Sanaa :) So you have that to look forward to coming up later in this trip report! (foreshadowing: that was our favorite too!)
And haha thank you very much! I thought I'd spice up my life a little bit!

Yum! We haven't tried Jiko yet, but it's on my list!

Ahh good! You won't be disappointed!

Jiko looks so yummy! The filet w/ mac and cheese looks delicious, glad they still made it for you. And that's pretty cool that your waitress was a secret DISer!:rotfl:

It is wonderful! I'm glad they made it too! And haha I know, I wish I knew if she was for sure! I would love that!

Great updates! I'm falling behind again....:confused: I must get on the ball. ;)
The food looks yummy and I am glad that you gals are enjoying yourselves so much! And both of you look fantastic, you don't have that weary traveler look.

(oh and the red sauce......I would've skipped that too. In fact I might of needed a different plate to transfer over some of that food...lol)

Did I miss the post about which college you are going to in the fall? I have a son in college so I love talking about that stuff. PM me if you want :)

That's okay! No problem!
And thank you! Haha that's a very nice compliment because travel days are usually frumpy days.
And yeah, I wish i would have known. But it's okay, I still liked it!
And I will pm you about that! :)

HOLD THE PHONE!

THE FILET WITH MAC&CHEESE IS NO LONGER ON THE MENU? WHAAAAAAA?

I've always wanted to try it! Steak and mac&cheese are like my two favorite foods! This is so disappointing. :sad2:

I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal though. Everything looks delicious. :upsidedow I also love that you wore sweatpants to a signature. So frumpishly fabulous. :thumbsup2

No :( It wasn't the night I was there, anyway! And I agree about them being two of my favorite foods, as well! Hopefully if you ever go, they'd make it for you!
It was fantastic! And hahaha I love that I did that too. I would.

Lol I laughed when I read that you wore sweatpants to Jiko, although you couldn't really do much about it.

Mmmm the cauliflower soup sounds so good, Jiko looks so good! We didn't care for Boma but maybe we'll have to try Jiko in the future.

Hahaha I know... that would happen to me!
It was delicious! I think you would enjoy Jiko - it was a great experience! And there were lots of options so I'm sure you could find something that you would like... as opposed to Boma having a lot of ethnic foods.

Jiko is soo my #1 signature that I MUST TRY. It looks fabulous. :thumbsup2

I remember you telling me about Shellie! How precious. :)

I'm glad you guys enjoyed your meal! That bread looks really good by the way! As does everything else. :cloud9:

Mmm you definitely will have to one day!
I loved Shellie... she was a princess!
And yummm it was! You know I love my bread! Great experience :thumbsup2

Yay! I'm so in for this trip report, too! :goodvibes

Hooray! Thanks for being here!

Lol at the 'frump' reference when turning up in sweatpants! Am glad they let you stay as the meal looks and sounds amazing. The Maize Crust Corvina looks awesome! :lovestruc

I'm here and joining. :wave2:

Okay, Jiko is definitely one of my favorite restaurants on property. I'm glad that you tried it and both enjoyed it.

I agree with you about the filet and the sauce though. It has a very strong taste.

I love the fact that you took a mom and daughter trip at the last minute.

Lol at the 'frump' reference when turning up in sweatpants! Am glad they let you stay as the meal looks and sounds amazing. The Maize Crust Corvina looks awesome! :lovestruc

Hahaha I'm so glad you enjoyed that! And mee toooo! If they would have turned me away, I would have missed out on a great dinner! And oh yeah, that was delicious! I had a little taste :goodvibes

I'm here and joining. :wave2:

Okay, Jiko is definitely one of my favorite restaurants on property. I'm glad that you tried it and both enjoyed it.

I agree with you about the filet and the sauce though. It has a very strong taste.

I love the fact that you took a mom and daughter trip at the last minute.

Hooray! Thanks for being here!
And aww yay! And thank you! We really did!
I'm glad you agree.. it makes me feel better LOL
And aww thank you :) I love that we did that too! I'll always remember it!​

Chapter 3 - Jambo! Welcome Home!
April 7th, 2011

After our fantastic first meal of the trip, we had to make one more important stop before getting to our hotel room!

We went to The Mara to pick up these little beauties. ZEBRA DOMES!

dsc0702hw.jpg

YUM! I was so excited. That was my first time trying them! They were very creamy and delicious!

We then went to bell services to pick up our luggage. The Cast Members wanted our Zebra Domes! I chuckled along but there was no way I was giving those up!! :lmao:

dsc0690r.jpg

So we left Jambo house and walked to Kidani Village. Honestly, that was not a bad walk AT ALL. They make it out to be a big deal because we had luggage to carry, but honestly it took like 7 minutes. Not bad!

dsc0691c.jpg

The pathway was very pretty! However, the sprinklers came on and scared us! It was dark out, so you can't blame us! :rotfl:

We got to Kidani and checked in around 11 pm! Wow, time flies! We were the last check-in of the day!

Our cast member was Erica and she was from British Columbia. She was absolutely adorable! She reminded me of Stacy, actually! She was very enthusiastic and very nice! She told me all about the college program (this is a trend with me and cast members, if you haven't noticed by now) and she had nothing but good things to say! She gave me a birthday button (which I completely forgot to wear!! :( wah.) and celebrate buttons! And then we were on our way!

We went right to our room - 7707. The location was FANTASTIC! You walk to the elevator, go up to the third floor, take a few steps, and BAM you're there! It was a deluxe studio and it was very close to the lobby! Perfect!

Walking down the hallway....

dsc0692i.jpg

WELCOME HOME!

dsc0693bw.jpg

We had one queen sized bed, that was really high off the ground, a mini kitchen with a fridge and microwave, a couch, table, and TV. Our view was overlooking the lobby entryway, but I don't have any pictures of it from that night because it was dark.

dsc0694j.jpg

dsc0695n.jpg

dsc0697d.jpg

And here's the bathroom:

dsc0698r.jpg

dsc0700v.jpg

Separated by a door:

dsc0699d.jpg

I ate my lovely Zebra Domes while I looked around my new "home." What a great beginning!

I LOVE all of the hidden mickeys that are in Disney resorts! They make me so incredibly happy!

This Hidden Mickey's on the TV stand...

dsc0708s.jpg

And this Hidden Mickey is on the comforter...

dsc0705td.jpg

And this one's on the rug!

dsc0704p.jpg

This is our Towel Mouse! So cute!!

dsc0707tz.jpg

And our towel butterfly!

dsc0696tx.jpg

We unpacked, Mom took a shower, I watched Stacy, and then we fell asleep!

Continued in Next Post

Wow, those Zebra Domes look good! I think I've heard enough about them, by now. I must buy them! Another thing on my list of things to do at Disney... I think I'll need another twenty trips to finish it off Hehehehehe LOL @ the CMs wanting them. :teeth:

There's a walkway between Jambo House and Kidani? How did I not know this? Uggghhh... I was there for SIX DAYS! And had NOO clue that I could've gone over to check out Boma or something to use up or CS credits for breakfast. Urrrggghhh... LOL @ the sprinklers coming on. I just imagine you getting sprayed, but apparently not, boo Haha JK

What is with you and all these CMs talking to you about the DCP? This has been a trend throughout your TRs... hopefully that will happen when I go for the senior trip I've already started planning... 3 YEARS IN ADVANCE!! Yeah, I know I'm crazy. :P Deal with it! Haha

Your room looks great! A bit different from the room I stayed in, but I was with my whole family (Two annoying sisters, one anti-Disney father and one lovely mother :teeth:) Aren't those rooms just so pretty? And lucky you for getting towel animals. I seem to just keep on getting bad mousekeeping at Disney. If I don't see ANY towel animals on my next trip, I may cry. ;)

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

I'm glad I DEMANDED that you watch Stacy that night. It's just not arrival day without her. :hug:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the room! Oh how I miss AKL. I love it so very much. The hidden Mickeys everywhere, the beautiful rugs outside the lobby (like WHY can I not have one of those at my house!?!?) the smell, the music. Ahhhh I just adore it all. I'm so glad you guys loved it! That room location seems mega convenient. Ours wasn't all that close, but we enjoyed the walk, even after a long day. :)

Zebra domes are Animal Kingdom holy food. They are a gift from the Lodge gods.

Wow your room is gorgeous, I think AKL is such a gorgeous resort.

Yay for Zebra domes and Stacey, she's always what makes it finally feel like being there for me.

I love the towel animals, the mousekeepers are so creative with them.

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

Those zebra domes look delicious! Your room looks really nice, and I love all the Hidden Mickeys spread throughout. :thumbsup2

Yay on finally getting your hands on some Zebra Domes - am glad you enjoyed them and did not part with any of them! :laughing:

Love your room pics - I would love to stay at AKL one day :cloud9:

Another trip?! You are officially the luckiest person ever!

It is cool that you are staying at different resorts each time. The room looks great!

And I totally would have showed up to Jiko in sweatpants, too.:)

Not a fan of those zebra domes - why do they give you an odd number - what if you were sharing....oh wait, nevermind that statement.
What a lovely room - thanks for taking so many pictures!
Wonder what park you will start with? hmmmmm:confused3

Ahh I bet that would work! And there's so much to do at the F&G Festival/Disney in General so I'm sure you would all love it!
And mmm so do I! Bread is like one of my favorite foods... as weird as that is :lmao:
And honestly, I have no idea. :( I was trying to think about it... but I just can't remember! I'm sorry!

Haha, it's okay! I'm going to assume they're normal napkins then! And bread is the best! My favorite is Cuban bread with mango butter. So good!

AKL is really bright! So many patterns! I love beds that are high off the ground - it feels so luxurious, especially if those little steps are needed.

Mmmm zebra domes! They look so good. I keep showing my parents pictures of amazing Disney food that we haven't tried yet to convince them to go back. No luck yet though :rotfl:

And your room looks gorgeous! I love all the different hidden Mickeys throughout.

Wow, yet another TR from you! Yay, I'm excited to read along again. Sounds like an absolutely great way to leave school a bit early. Great arrival day and that food looks delish. Looking forward to the rest of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter