£/$ hits 26 year high today

Yes they are only available at 2 branches in The West End.
Next best deal is Travelex, collect at Airport $1.95

has to be pre ordered off the internet.If you just turn up you dont get thet price
Paulh

Travelex will price match, so if you order from them, and make a claim by emailing them the Thomas Exchange rate (or wherever has the better rate) and the other details they ask for - I think just the date - they will send you a cheque for the amount you have 'lost out' on. I have done this a couple of times, and there is never any question or problem.

wayneg,,, sorry to be such a novice, but could you give me a bit of info about the nationwide cc? I understand its a good exchange rate, but do they charge you a handling fee when buying in the states? I used my barclaycard and barclays debit card last year, only to find that when I got my statement I had been charged for using it. If nationwide don't charge, I might try to apply for one asap for my trip at the end of aug
Thanks!

No charges at all. If the bank exchange rate is $2.01/£1 then that is what you get. You get an instant decision on their website with the amount of credit they will allow, they send send you papers to sign, think it takes about 10 days all in roughly.
Another to consider is Post office, I believe theirs is the same and if you have an account with a cashback site PO pay for you to take out the card, rpoints account gives £10.25 Quidco pays £20.50 check with their sites to confirm.

I've just bought our Universal Annual Passes using the Nationwide cc and don't expect to be charged a fee :)

I want to purchase our WDW tickets before the rate drops too so better get back on the case ;)

I am ready for renewing Disney AP's, Universal AP's and booking to see Blue Man Group. Around $1,700 just wondering if exchange has peaked now.

wayneg,,, sorry to be such a novice, but could you give me a bit of info about the nationwide cc? I understand its a good exchange rate, but do they charge you a handling fee when buying in the states? I used my barclaycard and barclays debit card last year, only to find that when I got my statement I had been charged for using it. If nationwide don't charge, I might try to apply for one asap for my trip at the end of aug
Thanks!

From what I understand with the Nationwide CC you do not get charged at all for spending and you also get the better rate however you will get stung big style if you withdraw cash on the CC. Nationwides debit card is the one to get if you wish to withdraw cash to as there are no charges for taking cash out but you do need a Nationwide flexible account.

Have a look at this site ww.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/cheaper-spending-overseas#best it's very informative and explains all the options and charges for the various cc's used abroad.

hmmm just applied for the nationwide cc and it says it will let me know in five days if they can proceed with the application,,, mustn't have like my application :(

hmmm just applied for the nationwide cc and it says it will let me know in five days if they can proceed with the application,,, mustn't have like my application :(

Mine was accepted right away but only with a £2,800 limit, I can now increase it but lowest amount I have ever been offered with a card.
What annoys me is its based on income and credit rating, never asks for investments. My invesments increase almost as much each year as my wage, but its not income. Maybe I should include it:confused3

Mine was accepted right away but only with a £2,800 limit, I can now increase it but lowest amount I have ever been offered with a card.
What annoys me is its based on income and credit rating, never asks for investments. My invesments increase almost as much each year as my wage, but its not income. Maybe I should include it:confused3

I wouldn't take it personally. We have a joint acc with N/wide which DH has held for 22 years, we pay in way more than average monthly wages, have no mortagage or other debts, pay off our balance every month and still our limit with them can only be £4200:confused:

I wouldn't take it personally. We have a joint acc with N/wide which DH has held for 22 years, we pay in way more than average monthly wages, have no mortagage or other debts, pay off our balance every month and still our limit with them can only be £4200:confused:

I am the same pay off every month between £3-£5,000, I dont think they like it, they are not earning anything. I am actually in dispute with one card, waiting for a reponse from them, they want to charge me £7.66 interest on a cash advance when I am in credit over £300 due to a refund but they wont allow me to pay off the cash advance because I am in credit. hope you understood that, confused myself.:rotfl2: They tried charging me £12 late payment fee 2 month ago when I spend about £40-£50,000 a year with them, I was 2 days late, they refunded.:goodvibes

Good luck with your fight - persist!
I must admit if any of them upsets us, we just change, altho we do prefer the ones with 1% cashback and are slowly running out of them!!!!

I have started using Virgin Amex where its accepted now, just got 7,500 miles added on last months statement:)

Good luck with your fight - persist!
I must admit if any of them upsets us, we just change, altho we do prefer the ones with 1% cashback and are slowly running out of them!!!!

Result:thumbsup2 :cool1: :banana:
Just got this response for them.

"Thank you for contacting me again.

I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the service that you have
received from **********. Our aim is to provide a first class service
for our customers and I regret that you had cause to complain.

I wish to inform you that cash interest will not be charged to your
account.

Naturally, I will be very disappointed if you choose to take your valued
custom elsewhere. I sincerely hope that you will reconsider your
decision to end our relationship and that you will continue to allow
******** to serve you in the future.

I must also advise you that if we do not hear from you within eight
weeks of the date of this e-mail, we will assume that your complaint is
resolved."

Hi - I was just wondering - Is there something special about Nationwide credit cards or is it just a coincidence that a couple of you have them??

Sorry if I've missed part of the thread - I was just wondering whether they do some special deals in the US or if you were talking generally that all credit cards normally get a better rate than TC's and dollars???:thumbsup2

We've always used cards abroad (and in fact at home as well!!;) ), so just wondered whether I should switch to Nationwide for any reason!!

Thanks alot!!:) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter