£2500 ... How much?!?!

AndRu

DIS Veteran
A colleague of mine came back for a 4 night, on-site trip to Euro-Disney. There were two adults with their 6 yr old daughter. They flew from East Midlands and had a B&B deal which, including park entry cost them £1600. They then spent another £900 over the four days but by far the biggest chunk of this went on food. I'm not going to argue as I've never been but she said the restaurants were costing the equivalent of between £60-£80 a time - just for the 3 of them! She also told me that there were signs saying "No picnics" etc. Is this true? After this experience she and her husband don't hold Disney in high regard. I did mention the better value in Orlando, especially when staying off-site, but I doubt if they'd ever want to visit Disney again as they feel like they've been ripped off.

Our last 2 week holiday to Orlando (Feb '05) only cost us £2700 for Virgin flights, villa, car hire and that was for 5 of us! That's a bargain compared to staying on-site at Euro Disney!

well yes the food can be expensive. there is just no competition for Disney at DLP and it is in a developing area and not really any other restaurants nearby apart from hotels which are also expensive, no you are not allowed to take food in the park however this is widely ignored and you will see people eating there own food. There is picnic tables outside the park though.

we tend to only eat one meal a day there and just fill up on the buffet breakfast.

I know that with the money spent on DLP we could of gone to wdw, however dbf did not want to go yet and me and dd love DLP.

woah! thats ridiculous! we're paying about that price to stay on-site in florida with flights and transfers! that's for three ADULTS! Even after spending moneny and food money has been added for all three of us, it's not gonna go much about the £3500 mark

It was pricing up a trip to (the then) Euro Disney back in 1992 that sparked our first trip to WDW. For the cost of 4 nights onsite, we could spend 2 weeks in Orlando. Over the years, I've occasionally flirted with the idea of DLP, but I can never bring myself to cough up the money.

I remember going when I was about 8...before I got bundled off to boarding school lol...I don't know how much it cost but we must have done it the cheap way because we satyed in an offsite haven caravan park....we did take our own food in...so all we bought was park tickets and the odd ice cream....obviously i wasn't old enough to remember the cost but it was probably quite expensive for what it was

I agree with UK Deb, the cost of DLP was what sent us to WDW - staying in an el cheapo offsite hotel at $29 a night... Ah, those were the days.

But that is a ridiculous amount of money!

Yes, DLRP tends to be slightly more expensive, but it is a totally different experience and you can't beat the convenience of hopping aboard the Eurostar and being in the parks within three hours. The compact-size of the resort is also great - you can quite literally walk everywhere. That, coupled with the truly beautiful theming and improved attractions makes it a wonderful short-break destination. If you've got limited time, a few days at DLRP makes an ideal trip, and it doesn't have to be so expensive. There is a Holiday Inn with shuttle bus to the parks with great rates from its website. There are also cheap flights to Paris CDG available with a number of the low cost carriers. As for food/drink in the parks, I don't think the prices are much higher than in WDW.

This is also what prompted us to try WDW. We spent almost £2000 on 4 nights 5 days for 2 adults and 2 children (but we did stop at the Disneyland Hotel, the most expensive). Flying from East Midlands was £400 dearer than going down to Luton so we travelled down there to fly. Took about £500 spending money, mostly for souvenirs. As previous poster said, filled up on brekkie, popped a bit of fruit in our bags for lunch and had Macdonalds type food for 3 nights and on the last night went to a restaurant, wasn't too much I think about 60 - 70 euros. I don't want to penny pinch on hols if I can help it, I'm saving everything I can now for a brilliant time next year, even working as a relief playground supervisor at my local school at lunchtimes on top of my weekend job but its going to give us a great time.

Yet another one here who tried DLRP and loved it but thought it was way expensive, that's why we ended up in Florida after I had a week off and decided to book something last minute, its much better value.

For two adults for September we have spent nearly £1000 on flights/accommodation and tickets. We usually spend quite a bit of money on food in Florida and assumed that we would spend about the same in DLP.

TELL ME ABOUT IT!! As DD is dancing with her tap troupe in October in DLP we are staying over half term Sun-Thur at Newport Bay. Flights from Durham Tees Valley (It'll always be Teesside to me!) are 448 for 4 of us, hotel is 870 - and thats group rate, plus food on top. WDW staying at CBR with first choice last september was 1800!! Ok we had to add park tickets, food, insurance, etc., but it grieves me that for not much more we could have been in sunny florida. Its such a shame that DLP is so close yet so out of reach of so many people budget wise.

Oh well, I just hope the queues aren't too bad and we do get on some rides for our money, I suppose its once in a lifetime for DD.

Lynn

Just looking at some DLRP invoices...

May, 4 adults, 2 children 6 nights - £2820
dec, 4 adults 3 children 4 nights - £3650 (admittedly in the Disneyland hotel)
sep, 3 adults 1 child 3 nights £800
dec, 2 adults 2 children 4 nights, £920
nov, 2 adults 2 children 3 nights - £1100

all of these were without transport to get there!

Those price do seem very high, our trip last Christmas 2 adults and 1 child cost £1400 that is at the HNY, for 4 nights(though we did get a night free), with flights and transfers. Are upcoming trip to the DLH is not costing much more, again it includes flights, tickets, and transfers. ( we could go to a value resort at wdw for the same price however my dd wanted to stay at the pink palace)

Only place i found reasonably priced was McDonalds in the village. We ate in the Sequoia lodge restaurant and it was quite possibly the biggest pile of rubbish i ever ate served by russian kids.

Hi

I hope its not that expensive. We have booked a 4 night camping trip so we can go to DLP on the cheap whilst we are waiting for our holiday trip to Orlando 2007. I dont want to spend most of our spending money on food. I know we will be having bfast at the camp site and cooking our meals at camp. It would only be lunch and drinks throughout the day. One character meal and one meal at Rain Forest.

Its not long now. I know my dd has been nagging to go to Paris for a long time even though she has been to WDW she wants to see them both.

Yet another one here who priced up DLP and found a 4 day stay to, ultimately, appear to work out more expensive than 2 weeks in WDW :rolleyes:

Not saying I wouldn't like to visit someday but, unless DH can no longer get insurance for the US, I doubt we'll be going :sunny:

We had promised our neices a weekend at DLP. One friday lunchtime both DF and I decided to take them that weekend for 2 days. It cost us min of £1500. Intially we thought it cost so much because we did not book in advanced for anything.

Last time I did a rough estimate for 2 adults for a weekend it came to about £600 without food, so we probably did not spend that much more. Bare in mind this rough estimate was done on the cheap and booked very well in advanced with buy one get one free on the eurostar.

We've always managed to do DLP on the cheap. We've booked really cheap flights with Easyjet then booked accommodation direct with DLP. When my son was younger we used to go in the winter when they did kids go free and we had some really great deals. I've never even looked at booking a package. We didn't find the food that expensive either.

Tracy

Our most expensive meal (at a lovely sit down restaurant in the park for 2 adults and 2 children) was about 100 Euros.

The snack type places for pizza, burger etc worked out about the same as WDW (exchange rate dependant, obviously).

Disneyland Paris is relatively more expensive than WDW I agree but just the thing for a Disney taster. I always travel in school holidays and there is no way it would be cheaper for me to go to WDW (onsite).

AndRu said:
A colleague of mine came back for a 4 night, on-site trip to Euro-Disney. There were two adults with their 6 yr old daughter. They flew from East Midlands and had a B&B deal which, including park entry cost them £1600. They then spent another £900 over the four days but by far the biggest chunk of this went on food. I'm not going to argue as I've never been but she said the restaurants were costing the equivalent of between £60-£80 a time - just for the 3 of them! She also told me that there were signs saying "No picnics" etc. Is this true? After this experience she and her husband don't hold Disney in high regard. I did mention the better value in Orlando, especially when staying off-site, but I doubt if they'd ever want to visit Disney again as they feel like they've been ripped off.

Our last 2 week holiday to Orlando (Feb '05) only cost us £2700 for Virgin flights, villa, car hire and that was for 5 of us! That's a bargain compared to staying on-site at Euro Disney!

Goodness me!!!That really is alot of money...if only Florida was a little closer,more people might be tempted to enjoy the very best,

Lynn :love: :love: WDW :love: :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter