£60 Speeding fine..Gutted

IAN5150

Enjoy Life,
I went to Blackpool last week to buy some Christmas presents A speed camera caught me doing 36 in a 30 mile zone,reulting in a £60 fine and 3 points,Not after sympathy I broke the Law simple as that But im going to whinge wheres the consistency every time i go on the motorways im overtook by cars doing 90/100 plus - some on mobile phones,I never use a mobile while driving,I very rarely drive Ive had my car 10 years next Summer and done 50.000 miles very low,If they get me theres plenty of others who get away with worse,Sucks Bigtime!!

Yes, I agree with the sheer injustice of it.

It hurts doesn't it.

Chances are, a lot of those overtakers talking on their mobiles have also been caught as well BUT to some of them its almost a badge of honour to boast about.

Chin up and make sure you smile at the camera next time.

Terry

Thanks Terry but apparently the picture was on the rear of the vehicle so next time Ill show my A*** !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by IAN5150
Thanks Terry but apparently the picture was on the rear of the vehicle so next time Ill show my A*** !!!!!!!!
:p make sure you post that picture on the boards!!

DH got stopped earlier in the year doing 78mph on the M27, the Officer of the Law told him the only reason he was giving him a ticket (£60, 3 points same as you) was because he didn't have his driving licence on him - and the only reason he didn't have it was because I'd taken it t work to photocopy to send up to his new company !

Live and learn, as they say.

Frustrating all the same.

Sixty pounds! Ouch! Is that standard? Seems high to me. :(

I live near Blackpool and was fined £60 also, caught by a mobile unit doing 37 in a 30 zone.

I feel the same way you do, the way some idiots drive is unbelievable.

There are speed cameras all the way down Blackpool prom now so you have to be very careful.

Johnny

Yeah Johnny I love Blackpool but this has really p****** me right off Police do nothing about the drunk hen and stag parties all over the place and earlier that day i got fined that long road in front of the football ground that leads to Coral Island Theres was a little pratt no more than 18 in his souped up little peugeot doing a good 70 I kid you not And thats in view of The police station!!

We get mobile speed cameras on the main road (A47) through our village - they publish the days they are there but you can't always remember what day, so it's a case of driving bang on the limit everytime. So we now have hindreds of cars going through the village with all the drivers watching their speedos and not the road - I've seen lots of near misses. This has also had the knock-on effect of pushing drivers onto side roads and residential estates to use them as rat-runs to avoid the cameras.
The cameras are a bit of waste of time at the moment anyway - the gas board are laying new pipes so maximum speed is about 2mph at the moment :)

They seem to put the cameras where they will make the most money and no at the most neady or dangerous roads - never seen a camera outside a school or on a housing estate where kids play in the street - that's where kids are being knocked down by people going too fast for the situation.

I suppose that's one of the 'joys' of living in London.Every journey is conducted at 10 mph max,no chance of exceeding the limit.........even if you wanted to;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter