“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

Hi Caroline! I'm joining in!

It sounds like you had a great time at Universal! I completely agree that it's worth it to stay in a deluxe resort in order to get the Express Pass. I've been to Universal twice with the EP and think it would now be hard to go without it! It's amazing how little you wait in line with EP!

That's a great tip about requesting the cleaning/room check mid-morning! I'll be traveling for the first time with a little one that requires a nap and I'd hate to interrupt that with a room check.

The Disney portion of your trip is off to a great start, minus a few hormones and that bad Starbucks experience. Hooray for a few DISmeets and a great EMM. I hope they bring back the EMM in TSL because it sounds like so much fun!

I hope you felt better for your SWGE preview!

Andi and I went to Downton Abbey on Friday, we really enjoyed it! We both loved the series! We watched it together from the start!
My mom loves this show! She saw the movie last week and said it was wonderful, but that I would not know what was going on since I haven't seen the show. Now that she's retired she can go on $5 Tuesdays at our local Marcus theater (yay recliners!) and get a free popcorn...living the good life!

IMG_Sep292019at53018PM.jpg

Sad egg!
I understand that Disney needs to cook a lot of stuff at once, but that egg looks like it was baked in a muffin tin, frozen, and then microwaved :crazy2:.

I used my ziploc bag from Splash to pack up several chocolate croissants! I knew that bag would come in handy!
I always bring ziploc bags for snacks too! We used one at the Christmas party last year to keep all our cookies and chocolate together. I think my best use was leftover beignets on my last trip, which got a little smooshed in my bag but were tasty for breakfast the next day!

Stay tuned for SWGE preview!! Do I make it there? Do I survive the heat? Do I ride SR? Do I have a drink with an alien? Does Andi get a coke bomb? All these questions will be answered soon!::yes::
Fingers crossed!!! Being sick at Disney sounds like no fun. Then you really need a vacation from vacation!

Can't wait to read more!

EMM at TSL sounds like a lot of fun and you guys did so much! I hope they bring it back because I'd like to try it sometime!

Ugh that feeling when your throat first starts to hurt and you know it's going to get worse is terrible! I hope the meds helped and you could enjoy the rest of your day!

Adorable!!! Love it!
Ahh Thanks, it makes boring car rides more fun!
Good for you. Their "cost cutting measures" really are ridiculous. No lotion, shampoo and condoner in vats, maybe the Holiday Inn Express is the better option :earboy2:
It does make me sad. I am getting to a point that the costs are starting to get to me. I know we can’t go as much anymore if I want to have some savings left 😆
Mushrooms aside, we've always had amazing pizza and good service here too. In fact on our August trip the service was probably the best of the entire trip, which is definitely an anomaly for them.
I think out of all our meals at Via Napoli we only had one super slow waiter
Oh I'm so jealous. Jason won't go with me and none of my friends watch it. I'll be waiting for a vacation and an iTunes rental at this point
I was so glad Andi came home otherwise I would be in the same boat. I think you will like it!
What a fun night!
It really was fun to have everyone together
I'm in the wimpy club with ya. I used to be able to handle these things, but really struggled on our august trip. Think I'm going to have to get something for motion sickness on any future trips.
I have really noticed it lately, I had some Dramamine with, I don’t like it, I get to drowsy! I may have to try something in the future!
Love this!!!! Sounds likes something I'd do.
I had the best sugary breakfast every morning with all my pastries and cookies!
Really not bad at all considering you get breakfast too. Between you and Kelly think we may finally try this sometime
It really is worth it. Our arms were killing us after all our rides on TSM!
Oh no, hope it clears quickly
Stay tuned!::yes::
Adorable! But then, you're always adorable, Caroline!
Thank you!! You are a sweetie!
No pun intended?
I was going to see if anyone noticed! Good catch!
Ugh…I HATE that they stopped giving out lotion. Maybe we should all write emails…and no, buying it in the gift shop is NOT the right answer.
I thought it was quite poor! Years ago a Cm would never say that!
I'm getting close to that and it already makes me sad. My Nicholas is in college but he still lives home…for now. My Allie is a Junior and is already looking at colleges far, far away…like Florida. I guess if she does go there, I'd have more excuses to go down but I'd miss her terribly all the other times :sad1:

I loved EMM at TSL…worth every penny! I hope they bring it back…or something like it :thumbsup2
I’m not going to lie, it is tough! My husband and I often look at each other and say what should we do? Our life has centered around the kids and it is weird having them grown ups now!

I agree! I was always skeptical about these extra $$ events but I really thought this was worth it!

Andi came home this weekend and it was so nice to have both my kids under the same roof!

That's awesome! Happy Mama :)

Andi and I went to Downton Abbey on Friday, we really enjoyed it! We both loved the series! We watched it together from the start!

Ooh I really want to see this! I was a big fan of the series.

We decided to walk from YC. I woke up with a scratchy feeling in my throat.:crazy2: I initially thought it was from the air conditioning. Unfortunately, it was not.

Uh oh. I hate getting sick at Disney! I mentioned it when I saw you, but Nathan had a nasty cold when we first arrived. I never ended up getting it, and he felt better after a few days, but I did pick up something just as we were heading home and I had it through the first couple weeks of school. Lousy! I hope it didn't interfere too much with your trip.

Wow this is a bumpy little ride, especially when the track changes.

Agreed! We noticed the same thing about where it changes tracks.

we went back to SDD and rode 2 more times. I was feeling a little queasy, I know I am a wimp.

I can only do it once at a time, so I think you're doing great!

The Mexican bowl was very good, it had beans, eggs, guacamole, cheese, and fresh salsa. It was yummy!

Yum! I tried this, too!

We also shared the sweet potato tater tots and these were delicious! Crunch on the outside and soft and tasty on the inside.

Oh my goodness, the tots were really yummy! Too bad your egg was so rubbery and gross.

We got back to the room and it was already cleaned, yay! I took more Ziacam, Airborne and Ibuprofen. I rested and Andi went looking around the resort for awhile.

Good call! Resting up before your preview since you weren't feeling well!

They didn't have body lotion at the YC??? Seriously??? And then they were so snarky to you.....yikes!!!
Isn’t that crazy! Disney is really cutting back in the wrong areas! I couldn’t believe the CM told me to go buy my own!
I always love Soarin'!
I do enjoy this except I miss the old one!
I had that sangria in March and really loved it! How did your friends manage that enormous pizza?
I enjoyed the Sangria, they took some pizza to go! Our pizza looks so small next to theirs
Isn't that the best?? My Jack was home this weekend too and it was wonderful to be a family of five again. Congratulations to your Jack on landing a job! And how nice that he is not too far from home!
It is so having the kids home! Jack is such an easy going guy, so fun having him home! I’m happy for him starting his career but I will miss him!
All the TSL rides are so fun and nice to do with low crowds!
Great looking breakfast! I am really mad at myself for cancelling our TSL EMM in favour of HS AH.....the EMM looks so much better!
I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. The breakfast choices were great and all was very good except for my rubbery egg!
Hope you felt better, being sick at Disney is the worst!
I hate being sick and at Disney it is no fun!

Following! You and your daughter are so cute! I'm enjoying reading about your adventures. Sorry you came down with something!!! My son gets sick almost every time we go to Disney. :(
Hello and :welcome: and Thank you for the nice compliment! We have so much fun at Disney together! I can’t believe I had cold so in the heat of summer, ugh! It wasn’t to bad so that was good! Andi use to get sick almost every trip but not as much now that she is older!

Hi Caroline! I'm joining in!

It sounds like you had a great time at Universal! I completely agree that it's worth it to stay in a deluxe resort in order to get the Express Pass. I've been to Universal twice with the EP and think it would now be hard to go without it! It's amazing how little you wait in line with EP!

That's a great tip about requesting the cleaning/room check mid-morning! I'll be traveling for the first time with a little one that requires a nap and I'd hate to interrupt that with a room check.

The Disney portion of your trip is off to a great start, minus a few hormones and that bad Starbucks experience. Hooray for a few DISmeets and a great EMM. I hope they bring back the EMM in TSL because it sounds like so much fun!

I hope you felt better for your SWGE preview!
Hello and :welcome: Thank you so much for joining in and commenting!
Our short and sweet trip to US was really nice! I love visiting there every other year! I hope to ride Hagrid’s on the next trip!

The call to request a cleaning time has worked really well for us! I have read how upsetting the afternoon checks can be and thought I would call and this was the best idea!

Andi is usually so mellow and a mom pleaser! College has brought out a more strong headed Andi, not so sure it is my favorite:laughing:

We had several fun Dis meets this trip, so fun!!

I did feel punky this day!

My mom loves this show! She saw the movie last week and said it was wonderful, but that I would not know what was going on since I haven't seen the show. Now that she's retired she can go on $5 Tuesdays at our local Marcus theater (yay recliners!) and get a free popcorn...living the good life!
It was so good! We have Marcus theaters here! Love the $5 Tuesday’s and the recliners, so comfortable!
I understand that Disney needs to cook a lot of stuff at once, but that egg looks like it was baked in a muffin tin, frozen, and then microwaved
I think you are probably right on your egg assessment :rotfl:
I always bring ziploc bags for snacks too! We used one at the Christmas party last year to keep all our cookies and chocolate together. I think my best use was leftover beignets on my last trip, which got a little smooshed in my bag but were tasty for breakfast the next day!
That is such a good idea, I was so glad I had the bag for the goodies!
Fingers crossed!!! Being sick at Disney sounds like no fun. Then you really need a vacation from vacation!

Can't wait to read more!
It does stink to be sick! I’m glad it wasn’t to bad!
More coming up soon!!

EMM at TSL sounds like a lot of fun and you guys did so much! I hope they bring it back because I'd like to try it sometime!

Ugh that feeling when your throat first starts to hurt and you know it's going to get worse is terrible! I hope the meds helped and you could enjoy the rest of your day!
I was surprised how much fun the EMM was, I had heard mostly good reviews but some bad ones so I wasn’t sure! Disney actually didn’t upsell this event like MNSSHP!
Colds are such a bother and especially while on vacation!

That's awesome! Happy Mama
It really was!
Ooh I really want to see this! I was a big fan of the series.
It is definitely worth it. Very enjoyable!
Uh oh. I hate getting sick at Disney! I mentioned it when I saw you, but Nathan had a nasty cold when we first arrived. I never ended up getting it, and he felt better after a few days, but I did pick up something just as we were heading home and I had it through the first couple weeks of school. Lousy! I hope it didn't interfere too much with your trip.
It does stink! A cold at Disney is no fun! Mine wasn’t to bad and Andi didn’t get it! Sorry you got sick when you returned home!
Agreed! We noticed the same thing about where it changes tracks.
Bumpy little ride!
I can only do it once at a time, so I think you're doing great!
It is a fun ride! I think 2x in a row is my limit!
Yum! I tried this, too!
Very tasty
Oh my goodness, the tots were really yummy! Too bad your egg was so rubbery and gross.
I’m was surprised how tasty everything was overall except the rubbery egg!
Good call! Resting up before your preview since you weren't feeling well!
It did help, I did have to slow things down some but all in all not to bad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter