“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking. I might just wing it, just check what the wait is whenever I'm in the area anyway. It's not a must do, but would be cool to have a picture with him if it's not too bad.
I think I would rather have my picture with him than quite a few of the other ones but I’m not going to wait like jack and Sally’s line to see Elvis stitch. It would be really nice if they would put character wait times on the app for the party.

I think I would rather have my picture with him than quite a few of the other ones but I’m not going to wait like jack and Sally’s line to see Elvis stitch. It would be really nice if they would put character wait times on the app for the party.
Elvis Stitch is our Number1 priority. We've been to a couple of MNSSHP before so after doing our FP we will head over to meet 626!! and totally agree that it would be nice for times on M&Gs

Our first MNSSHP was a huge hit last night. Everyone loved our costumes. We were going to wait in line for Moana at 4:30 but my kids saw the Move it, Shake it party and wanted to watch. So, I changed up our plans a bit. We got to ride tons of rides, trick or treat at almost all locations (most of them several times), drink candy corn milkshakes and enjoy some specialty snacks, watched fireworks and BOTH parades, meet the gravediggers (which we all LOVED). We watched from Frontierland the first time and Main Street second time. We were the Neverland crew so Peter Pan, Wendy and all of them gave my kids extra attention during the parade which was magical. Just when I thought all hope was lost, went to the Moana line at 10:55 and they told us 30 minute wait but it was only about 20! My girls were so excited! It was the one priority they really wanted to do and we did it! Also, we left the party at midnight! Can’t believe we lasted that long. We also got the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket and the wait was about 5 mins long.
Congratulations! If my two Parties are half as successful as yours, I’ll be very happy.

If we are doing the last fireworks, parade and Hocus Pocus what time would we need to head to Casey’s corner for food and a table? Also is it too long to sit there in between the 3?

Elvis Stitch is our Number1 priority. We've been to a couple of MNSSHP before so after doing our FP we will head over to meet 626!! and totally agree that it would be nice for times on M&Gs
This is our first mnsshp so we have a lot of characters to fit in! I have to get Elvis stitch just so I can show my niece though.

Edited because apparently I don’t know how to quote! We were looking at the 30th or October 2. (Because I really miss the mouse so we decided last minute that we are going to drive 17 hrs. each Way to go to a Halloween party and a waterpark and then drive home since we can’t afford an actual Disney trip right now but can swing that!) I was thinking that Tuesday would maybe be less crowded for a party than on Sunday? Thoughts?

I would go on Oct 2nd. Further into the month of October there will be an increase number of guests. Oct 30 will be more crowded then Oct 2. I only attend the parties during the last week in October and have attended 2 parties.

The only thing I'm not really sure about is wether to meet with Elvis Stitch during the party. It'd be cool to meet him, but I'm not interested in any queue that is more than 30 mins. I saw someone on the other thread say they waited for about 20 mins, so if there's a wait like that, I'll be happy to jump in the queue. What time do you think it's best to line up for Stitch for a shorter queue? I saw the other poster lined up about 8.15, so perhaps around that time?

I'm not sure if there are enough reports about Stitch to determine what time is best yet. I want to meet him too, but right now it's kind of hard to tell when to meet him.

I have to agree with @Haley R on this. I wish I had more posts regarding this character. I still have yet to read all of last night party updates so we'll see.

That's what I was thinking. I might just wing it, just check what the wait is whenever I'm in the area anyway. It's not a must do, but would be cool to have a picture with him if it's not too bad.

Keep checking his "Location" on the Character List. There are a few posts and I'm sure there will be more. ;)

Then we would have the wrong time for the rides AND the characters! Many reported how often the app was wrong.

Our first MNSSHP was a huge hit last night. Everyone loved our costumes. We were going to wait in line for Moana at 4:30 but my kids saw the Move it, Shake it party and wanted to watch. So, I changed up our plans a bit. We got to ride tons of rides, trick or treat at almost all locations (most of them several times), drink candy corn milkshakes and enjoy some specialty snacks, watched fireworks and BOTH parades, meet the gravediggers (which we all LOVED). We watched from Frontierland the first time and Main Street second time. We were the Neverland crew so Peter Pan, Wendy and all of them gave my kids extra attention during the parade which was magical. Just when I thought all hope was lost, went to the Moana line at 10:55 and they told us 30 minute wait but it was only about 20! My girls were so excited! It was the one priority they really wanted to do and we did it! Also, we left the party at midnight! Can’t believe we lasted that long. We also got the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket and the wait was about 5 mins long.

Very happy news indeed! It's not about following an itinerary, it's about having fun!

If we are doing the last fireworks, parade and Hocus Pocus what time would we need to head to Casey’s corner for food and a table? Also is it too long to sit there in between the 3?

The seating is where the Red & White umbrellas are.
upload_2018-9-4_15-10-24.png

That side walk where you see a few strollers will be filled with party guests both sitting and standing and with kids on their shoulders. I doubt you will see very much during the parade nor Hocus Pocus. The fireworks I cannot answer.

HalloWishes Tip:
To see from the hub stake out a spot 60 minutes in advance and maybe earlier if attending a sold out party otherwise secure a spot by 9:30 p.m.

Parade Tip:
To get Front Row for the First Parade at Frontierland I’d recommend at least 45 minutes to secure spots, 1hr. if Sold Out and at least 30 minutes for the Second Parade. For Main Street 1hr 20-30 minutes if Sold Out. Thanks @Cluelyss :thumbsup2

More info can be seen on: Post #3

Just so we are all on the same page...

In the Red circle is City Hall: Last year we picked up SotMK Card from Guest Services at 12:30am on 10/31/2017. This and 2018 info has been updated with links as seen on [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-22#post-59091570"]Post #438[/URL] which is also accessible on the Main Page via Post #4.

In the Teal circle is Town Square Theater: Not only can you meet Vampire Mickey at 7pm but it also serves as the Allergy Friendly Location.

upload_2018-9-4_22-50-38.png

The seating is where the Red & White umbrellas are.
View attachment 348351

That side walk where you see a few strollers will be filled with party guests both sitting and standing and with kids on their shoulders. I doubt you will see very much during the parade nor Hocus Pocus. The fireworks I cannot answer.

HalloWishes Tip:
To see from the hub stake out a spot 60 minutes in advance and maybe earlier if attending a sold out party otherwise secure a spot by 9:30 p.m.

Parade Tip:
To get Front Row for the First Parade at Frontierland I’d recommend at least 45 minutes to secure spots, 1hr. if Sold Out and at least 30 minutes for the Second Parade. For Main Street 1hr 20-30 minutes if Sold Out. Thanks @Cluelyss :thumbsup2

More info can be seen on: Post #3
Thanks for the info! Might rethink that plan

This is our first MNSSHP and also our first special WDW ticketed event ever. We are bringing 2 DDs, almost 3 and 7. The younger one especially loves Moana. Will it be frowned upon if DH and I tag team waiting in line for her while the other one takes them on some rides nearby? Does the line die down at some point or should we just get in line at 4:30 or so and wait it out? Our little one likely can make it until 8:30 or so but then all bets are off (she's a good stroller sleeper, which is why we are going when she's so young).

I have adjusted my itinerary. Really, i am taking the attitude that I will have a good time regardless of character waits, rain, ride lines, etc. NOthing to my itinerary is make or break. I would like to see the full Hocus Pocus show, though. Never have seen the whole thing!

This is our first MNSSHP and also our first special WDW ticketed event ever. We are bringing 2 DDs, almost 3 and 7. The younger one especially loves Moana. Will it be frowned upon if DH and I tag team waiting in line for her while the other one takes them on some rides nearby? Does the line die down at some point or should we just get in line at 4:30 or so and wait it out? Our little one likely can make it until 8:30 or so but then all bets are off (she's a good stroller sleeper, which is why we are going when she's so young).
I would get in line earlier rather than later. No one should judge you if you tag team in line. Just make sure everyone is back before you get too close to the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter