“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

I'm so sorry for your loss!

I'm glad our silly, snowy winter didn't impact your travel plans. That is my worst fear about winter travel (although we had more trouble with the hurricane than with snow!). Can't wait to read more!
Thank you 🙏
Winter is long isn’t it, traveling this time of year is always a gamble! We were lucky to have decent travel days coming and going.
Nice to have you joining in!

I am sorry for the loss of your father. I just lost my mother, 85, back in October. So, I can relate to what you must be going through. It is hard to lose a parent not matter our age. May you be comforted in the Lord's embrace and surrounded by loved ones, cherishing the memories of your father.
Your kind words are so nice! I am sorry for the loss of your mother! My mom is 85 soon to be 86. She is doing okay, I’m glad we can be there for her as much as possible.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your memories with him sound wonderful. Cherish those and he will live forever in your heart. Prayers to you and your family.
Thank you so much for the kind words and condolences, it Is very nice!

I’m a lurker of epic proportions. But, I always so enjoy your trip reports and wanted to extend my condolences on the loss of your dad. Wishing you and your family peace and comfort during this time.
Thank you so much, it really is nice to hear such kind words from everyone!
also thanks for reading along!

Hey Caroline,

First of all, a very heartfelt load of condolences for the passing of your dad. Losing a loved one is always so hard. :hug: Even if they've lived a long and full life as you described.

Your first day in MK sounded like a great one despite no PM for you two. Bummer!! I'd heard about the fire as well (what is WITH Disney and their fires lately?!) but can't remember the timing of it and your trip.

EW. Dirty floors are disgusting! I pad around in bare feet in my resort rooms and want the floor to not be gross! Glad you called!
Thank you so much Liesa! It is tough. I am so happy my dad did get to see each of his grandchildren graduate high school that was important to him!
OKW was a bit disappointing on several levels but nail clippings and other people’s hair is gross!

I agree with you, I just love the scene in Peter Pan flying over London and Neverland and that scene and going on It's a Small World are both traditions that I love.
It is so wonderful! It is such a perfect dark ride and quintessential Walt Disney! I also love Nana and her dog house. I always say Hi Nana!

Hi Caroline, very sorry to hear of your loss. That is wonderful that you will always have so many memories of traveling to such amazing places with your family. I hope you are feeling a lot better now, being sick is no fun at all!
Thank you very much Hanna! I really was lucky to travel with him so much before I had my children, it truly was special. My dad loved Epcot!
I do feel better but it was no fun being sick, yuck 🤢

So sorry to hear about your father Prayers for your family . My father in law is in the early stages of Parkinson’s .
Sounds like a good start to your trip .

The wonders of Mainstreet! :love:

I don't think there's anything quite as magical as walking down Main Street for the first time of a trip! A wave of comfort sets in.

Andi pointed out the crocodile weathervane on the rooftop.

I never noticed that either!

“Haven’t you done and seen everything there?” Roll eyes! No my friend there is always something new to discover and find happiness in!

Ugh it drives me nuts! People go to the same beach constantly and no one questions it :confused3

I've never seen the crocodile weathervane either! How fun!

IMG_Feb52020at65751AM.jpg
Never seen this either! Where is it? And yes, this is exactly why we keep going back - no two trips are ever the same, and there is something new to discover each time. But even if it was all the same, all the time, we'd all still go back and back and back :laughing::cloud9:

Oh I am so so sorry for your loss :( My condolences to you and your family. :hug:

Sounds like a great night at MK! Wow I never noticed that weathervane by Peter Pan- must keep my eye out for it next time!!

Oh Caroline I'm sorry for your loss! I know how hard that can be even when they've lived a good life. I'm glad your family has a nice way to honor his memory in the Spring. Hope you're also feeling better!

Sounds like a nice first day in the Magic Kingdom! I always just pay bell services to bring my stuff too. We always order 12 packs of pop and water and it's just so much easier for them to do it!

So sorry to hear about your father Prayers for your family . My father in law is in the early stages of Parkinson’s .
Sounds like a good start to your trip .
Thank you very much, my dad lived with Parkinson’s for over 25 years and did well until the last 5-7 years. It’s a tough one!

Reactions: DLo
don't think there's anything quite as magical as walking down Main Street for the first time of a trip! A wave of comfort sets in.
This is so true! I love it 🥰
Ugh it drives me nuts! People go to the same beach constantly and no one questions it
Exactly, coworkers go to the same beach rental every year and ask why I go to Disney all the time, yikes!
I've never seen the crocodile weathervane either! How fun!
It is fun to see all the cool Disney touches and ones I have missed!
Never seen this either! Where is it? And yes, this is exactly why we keep going back
This is in Adventure Land by the Magic Carpets, I am just as excited for each trip no matter how many times I have been.
Oh I am so so sorry for your loss :( My condolences to you and your family. :hug:
Thank you so much!
Sounds like a great night at MK! Wow I never noticed that weathervane by Peter Pan- must keep my eye out for it next time!!
It is on the rooftop close to the exit area of the ride. It is so fun to notice different things!

Oh Caroline I'm sorry for your loss! I know how hard that can be even when they've lived a good life. I'm glad your family has a nice way to honor his memory in the Spring. Hope you're also feeling better!

Sounds like a nice first day in the Magic Kingdom! I always just pay bell services to bring my stuff too. We always order 12 packs of pop and water and it's just so much easier for them to do it!
Thank you so much, Cloe!
It is so worth the cost to have bell service deliver items! As you will see in this TR, we used Bell Service quite a bit, lol!

The wonders of Mainstreet! :love: It puts everyone in a good mood. I was surprised to see Christmas decorations still up and very happy to get a glimpse of Christmas on Mainstreet.
I love seeing the MK Christmas decorations!!!
I haven’t noticed this before. How many times do you notice new things in the parks? It is amazing how many things there are to discover each visit. We all know, the famous saying from our non Disney friends, “Haven’t you done and seen everything there?” Roll eyes! No my friend there is always something new to discover and find happiness in!
Isn't this the truth!
PM was our choice, except it was down. We waited a little while but it didn’t come back up so we decided to move on. I was trying to see if there was any damage around it. I had read there was a fire here a few days before. Did any of you see that article?
Yes! I saw that! Sounded like it was some issue with the walkway up to the ride.
Day 1 is in the books!
What a day it was!

I’ll start by offering my condolences on your father’s passing. I’m so sorry for your loss. :hug:

As many of you know, we have had a snowy winter. We have already received the amount of snow we normally receive during an entire winter season. Yay! We are so lucky, right? Record breakers and all
Woot! Woot... woot?
I had been watching the weather because “surprise” we were suppose to get snow the day we had to travel.
Shocker!
Our wake up time was 3am, ugh! I always think the early morning flights are the best at the time of booking, however, when the time arrives, not so much.
You’re the second person in two days I’ve read that exact thing from!
Here is my bad mirror selfie, I take this before each trip. Andi thinks it is hilarious.
You look great!
The ride to the airport was not fun. The roads were not plowed and we did get about 4-5 inches of new snow. My husband drove us in his truck and of course he didn’t think he needed the 4 wheel drive until we almost went in the ditch!
Eep!
But you got there safely. :)
If any of you have paid attention to the times, that was stressful in itself. I gambled and booked the 2 flights so close together in time and if any hiccup had occurred in Duluth, we would never had made the 7:10am flight!
I did notice. Tight!
I should have went to the lobby and asked about our room location but I didn’t. Dumb mistake on my part. A little foreshadowing.......
Uh, oh...
We were hungry and decided on Blaze Pizza for our lunch.
I’ve heard positive reviews. :)
I had a strawberry cupcake with the Captain crunch ice cream.
What an odd combination!
Glad you liked it.
We did get our room text and it was no where near what I had requested from Touring Plans.
Well... poop.
pro tip. Ask for your room as soon as you arrive. Then ask for what you want and tell them you can wait.
A few negatives, very small TV with a remote from the 90’s,
So it only let you click on 90s shows?
the balcony overlooked a bunch of air conditioners.
Lovely. :sad2:
Positives were 2 queen size beds,
::yes::
The resort is huge, the bus takes almost 30 minutes to go around the resort
Too big. Why we stayed close to the lobby.
We also found toenail clippings on the floor in the little kitchen area and a lot of hair in the bathroom. This was gross,
Ew!!!! Nope!!!
He sent housekeeping back, gave us each 3 anytime FP and a $200.00 resort credit.
I might have insisted on a move... but good of him to make it right.
Life has been rough for me the last couple weeks
:hug:
My dad died suddenly at home and during this I ended up with a stomach virus that took me out for 3 days!
Again, sorry for your loss.
The wonders of Mainstreet! :love: It puts everyone in a good mood.
::yes::
The thrill of riding over London and Neverland made it feel like we were truly home again.
Love that ride so much!
Andi pointed out the crocodile weathervane on the rooftop
Cool! Never noticed that one.
How many times do you notice new things in the parks?
All. The. Time.
I think we literally have rode this at least a 100x now!
:laughing: so.... you like it? ;)
It was time to check in with Snow White and the dwarfs next! Sometimes on travel days, I feel a little queasy on this, I didn’t today! Yay! We enjoyed our ride
Good!
had read there was a fire here a few days before. Did any of you see that article?
No! Where??
I found a few new things in AL and took pictures of them. I have to say I never noticed these before either!
Me neither!
Our picture sums up how tired we are feeling.
:lmao:

I have never noticed this! I do truly love that I see new details all the time after all my visits. I find this happens on rides too!
I found a few new things in AL and took pictures of them. I have to say I never noticed these before either!
Me neither! I've noticed the other covers with the Mickey head but not those. Two things to look for in July!

love seeing the MK Christmas decorations!!!
This was real plus to get a glimpse of them before they were gone!
Isn't this the truth!
It is so fun to discover new things in the parks!
Yes! I saw that! Sounded like it was some issue with the walkway up to the ride.
I think your right, smoke was coming off the walkway track!
What a day it was!
It really was some ups and downs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter