$0.37 Scap Donation to Children's Bereavement Group

GrayFal

I am REALLY over-vacationed this year ... well, EV
For those who don't know, I have been a Hospice RN for the last 13 years. I actually started scrapping as a form of relaxation and stress relief. I would always joke with my Social Worker colleague that I wanted to attend her Children's Bereavement Group just to do the crafts! The children in the groups :grouphug: have all lost a loved one - mother, father, friend, sister, brother, grandparents, etc.

I brought in a few of the CJ's I am working on and it gave Sheila (CSW) the idea to do a small scrapbook with each child (age 5-9) as a group activity....We plan on making 'books' by cutting 6X6 squares, using a punch and tying 4 pages with ribbon...she especially liked the 'tags' from the CJ's as she now does an activity that uses index cards - and this can easily translate to 'bookmark' tags,,,,so we will be doing a pocket page as well as picture and journal pages. For this age group, I think a glue stick would be the easiest for them to handle.

She is buying supplies but then I though of you .......

Would anyone like to donate a few items that would fit in an envelope?
My thoughts were 'punched' shapes - hearts, circles, fall leaves, squares....or shapes from those fancy machines you all have that might look nice in a Memory book?

Also, scraps of paper to accent the pages - or light color shapes to journal on?
Colored papers to mount photos on.....
Extra Stickers.....alphabet or others.
Tags - all sizes and shapes......

Any other suggestions welcomed :sunny:

The beauty of this project is that if the child attends the next session of the group...they can add to their book without a problem...

Thanks in Advance for your generousity :wizard: ...... :wave: :love1:
The project will start the first week in November ...

PM me for mailing info......

I will do fall leaves, and some blank squares.

Sending you a pm.....

glad to help

GrayFal said:
Great...pm for my address... :love:

I'm in! I haven't been scrapping myself lately, but have a Sizzix that is screaming to be used. :)

I'll PM you for the address....

I will be happy to help, too. PM on it's way.
Jill

I have slabs and stacks of patterned paper that I will NEVER use! I would be glad to send some your way and I will send more than a 37 cent envelope worth...

I would be also glad to WishBlade some names for you if you wanted to personalize the cover of each book.

Let me know what type of PP (colors, patterns) you are looking for.

bubbasmom99 said:
I have slabs and stacks of patterned paper that I will NEVER use! I would be glad to send some your way and I will send more than a 37 cent envelope worth...

I would be also glad to WishBlade some names for you if you wanted to personalize the cover of each book.

Let me know what type of PP (colors, patterns) you are looking for.
I think Sheila was thinking of fall colors and patterns but as this will probably be an ongoing project...all donations are welcomed.

I will check with Sheila and get a list of names - that would be soooooo cool to personalize the books that way!

Thank you to everyone who is pm-ing me, too!

I'll punch out some stuff & send it. I won't specify if that's okay. I'll just send a bunch of stuff that suits what you listed & aim for fall colors for now.

I can punch out some tags and squares and I might have some hearts as well. PM me with you address and I will have it to you in a week or so. :)

I've got plenty I can send! Lots of stickers I'm probably not going to use too, if that's okay. I can punch out some things with the Sizzix too. I'll just send a hodge-podge if that's okay. I'll PM for your addy.

What a wonderful idea and a wonderful thing you are doing!

Thank You, Thank You, THANK YOU.....you scrappers are the best!!!

...and thanks to all that are pm-ing me without posting :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Count me in for stickers, punchies, etc. PM on the way!

I'll help too. I can send them out when I go to the PO tomorrow with my CJ. I'll just send a hodge podge in the fall color spectrum.

I don't have much... but I'm sure I can find some things to send you! PMing now...

GrayFal said:
Would anyone like to donate a few items that would fit in an envelope?
My thoughts were 'punched' shapes - hearts, circles, fall leaves, squares....or shapes from those fancy machines you all have that might look nice in a Memory book?

OOPS. Missed the "fall color" idea on your original post. Been punching out while trying to homeschool, and it's all sorts of fun colors. Hope you'll be able to use this stuff at some point! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter