08 DEC 2007 - 7 Day Eastern Magic Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never received Castaway Club Cards :guilty: and we have been on DCL 7 times so far.. We do have a Number that I was given over the phone a long time ago.. But you have an actual Card with it?
We got our Castaway Club cards sometime late last spring. Our first cruise was in May 2001! We never even received our number, although our TA at DU was able to get it to book us as returning cruisers for cruises 3 - 7.

BTW, I always come back with a cold, too, although this time, since I had a cold when I left, I guess it was the same one when I came back. It's finally gone, however! I can actually talk again. Jim says he enjoyed the month of peace and quiet.;)

Beth

When I did story time last month the tuesday after we got back I could not talk either my allergies were so bad when we got back..... I can say the best thing about the cruise for me was being SNEEZE free for a whole week. I have had bad allergies since I was in grade school and when I was pregnant with boys I was in heaven without sneezing almost makes me want to have another one to be allergy free but I think it be cheaper if I just moved to coast.:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We open tomorrow and the library is still a disaster..... I think she is going to hold off opening back up until monday. But the carpet in the childrens room looks GREAT!!!!!!

We never received Castaway Club Cards :guilty: and we have been on DCL 7 times so far.. We do have a Number that I was given over the phone a long time ago.. But you have an actual Card with it?

This past Spring DCL was revamping their Castaway Club system and sent everyone in their system a new CC card. People that had sailed with DCL 13 times and never got a card in the past received a card this past Spring. There was whole thread on this somewhere. We received ours this past May after first cruising in November 2006. So, you may want to contact them. You should have received a card. :confused:

- Jennifer

Yes we got an actual card with it. For all three of us as a matter of fact. Some literature to tell our friends about DCL, a CD or DVD I am not sure and a letter with three cards attached. Kudos to DCL for sending them so quickly.

RCCL has a program for youths now, and we linked our DD to it in May and never received anything. It took both Celebrity and RCCL about three months to get us our cards after our first cruise so two weeks with a couple of holidays in there is not bad.

In other news, our gas and water bill was MUCH LESS last month than normal...of course it cost us a $5000 cruise vacation for lower bills. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

BTW, I always come back with a cold, too, although this time, since I had a cold when I left, I guess it was the same one when I came back. It's finally gone, however! I can actually talk again. Jim says he enjoyed the month of peace and quiet.;)

Beth
I have a sinus infection in the right side of my face. It is so bad my teeth hurt. It is where you want to take a small drill to your upper cheek to relieve the pressure.

I have a sinus infection in the right side of my face. It is so bad my teeth hurt. It is where you want to take a small drill to your upper cheek to relieve the pressure.

Oh, you have my sympathy! I hope you're feeling better soon. Sinus infections can make you absolutely miserable!

Beth

Happy New Year everyone!

Hope everyone who is sick recovers soon. I seem to always get sick onboard or when we get home. I spent Christmas with laryngitis. I always have antibiotics on hand when we travel because I almost always end up needing them.

Did anyone receive the limited edition (500) collector's pin in a Shoreside Survival Kit from DCL? I am not a pin collector but I love them! They are really nice. For this cruise I got Donald Duck sitting in the porthole eating an ice cream cone and watching a pelican. From our previous cruise I got Mickey and Minnie sitting in the porthole. There is one more pin in the series. Sure hope I get it when we do our next cruise. With only 500 of them I guess I was lucky to get two of them! I was really surprised to receive the last one so quickly. We got it about two weeks after returning.:thumbsup2

Donna

Happy New Year everyone!

Hope everyone who is sick recovers soon. I seem to always get sick onboard or when we get home. I spent Christmas with laryngitis. I always have antibiotics on hand when we travel because I almost always end up needing them.

Did anyone receive the limited edition (500) collector's pin in a Shoreside Survival Kit from DCL? I am not a pin collector but I love them! They are really nice. For this cruise I got Donald Duck sitting in the porthole eating an ice cream cone and watching a pelican. From our previous cruise I got Mickey and Minnie sitting in the porthole. There is one more pin in the series. Sure hope I get it when we do our next cruise. With only 500 of them I guess I was lucky to get two of them! I was really surprised to receive the last one so quickly. We got it about two weeks after returning.:thumbsup2

Donna

WE GOT HOSED!!!! :scared1: Although, given Stacy's comment on the previous page I should be excited that we got ANYTHING, but we got the same thing as Amber!! I'm going to go through the packet again to double check and make sure I didn't get a pin!!!! :sad1:

WE GOT HOSED!!!! :scared1: Although, given Stacy's comment on the previous page I should be excited that we got ANYTHING, but we got the same thing as Amber!! I'm going to go through the packet again to double check and make sure I didn't get a pin!!!! :sad1:

Just wanted to be clear...this wasn't with the CC packet. This is what is called a Shore Survivor Kit. Doesn't seem like everyone gets them after every cruise. Although I have gotten quite a few DD cruised twice and didn't get anything. In the past I have gotten a CD, magnet, hologram (or something on that order) and a set of three Ducky Williams prints. Seems like this is a rather hit or miss thing, kind of like the CC cards. I did around eleven cruises before I finally got my actual CC card when they revamped the CC.:confused3

Donna

Just wanted to be clear...this wasn't with the CC packet. This is what is called a Shore Survivor Kit. Doesn't seem like everyone gets them after every cruise. Although I have gotten quite a few DD cruised twice and didn't get anything. In the past I have gotten a CD, magnet, hologram (or something on that order) and a set of three Ducky Williams prints. Seems like this is a rather hit or miss thing, kind of like the CC cards. I did around eleven cruises before I finally got my actual CC card when they revamped the CC.:confused3

Donna

Dude...... you got 3 Ducky prints??? What's your address, just for curiousity sake?? :rolleyes1 I think Disney may need to work on their consistency. For them to send out random things, doesn't seem very "magical". OMG... I'm starting to sound like a clown!!!!! :scared1:

Dude...... you got 3 Ducky prints??? What's your address, just for curiousity sake?? :rolleyes1 I think Disney may need to work on their consistency. For them to send out random things, doesn't seem very "magical". OMG... I'm starting to sound like a clown!!!!! :scared1:

Uh oh, hope I'm not starting a mutiny here.:laughing: The Ducky prints were a real surprise. Actually, everything was because I know how inconsistent DCL is. You may still get something. I have gotten some of these things a couple of months or longer after cruising. That is why I was so surprised to get something after only two weeks.

Donna

Happy belated Holidays to everyone. Sorry took me so long to get back on here.

It was great meeting as many Diser's that I was able to meet. I had a great time at dinner each night, great tablemates. Great sitting and chatting with other diser's while on deck 9. oh shoot it was just great all around <G>

For Florida its freezing i know its nothing like what northerners go thru, but hey this is Florida and we shouldn't be having 30 degree weather.

The news channel this morning showed Disney cruise ship coming in and the reporter made the statement that the cruisers are going to be surprised when they step off the ship and find the wind chill is around 18-20.

Hope to see some of you guys again on another cruise. Depending on my health and finances of course makes the difference when i can go or not.

Krisann glad to hear hubby found out the problem and can heal now.

thanks to you all that assisted me when needed, shared a smile and laugh everytime I saw you, and for just being you.

thanks. i'm embarassed that i could know or see a Diser but couldn't remember names or user names.

it was grand though runniing into other diser's even when I couldn't remember their name, we still got to chat even if only in passing.

Happy belated Holidays to everyone. Sorry took me so long to get back on here.

It was great meeting as many Diser's that I was able to meet. I had a great time at dinner each night, great tablemates. Great sitting and chatting with other diser's while on deck 9. oh shoot it was just great all around <G>

For Florida its freezing i know its nothing like what northerners go thru, but hey this is Florida and we shouldn't be having 30 degree weather.

The news channel this morning showed Disney cruise ship coming in and the reporter made the statement that the cruisers are going to be surprised when they step off the ship and find the wind chill is around 18-20.

Hope to see some of you guys again on another cruise. Depending on my health and finances of course makes the difference when i can go or not.

Krisann glad to hear hubby found out the problem and can heal now.

thanks to you all that assisted me when needed, shared a smile and laugh everytime I saw you, and for just being you.

You must of been reading my mind because I was soooo coming on to PM you to see if you were ok with all your Cold Temps.. :cold:

I am VERY glad you joined our Table, we had some Great conversations. and Mickey was always so Stylish..

I am glad you are ok and please post when you can cause I worry when I don't see people for awhile :guilty:

thanks. i'm embarassed that i could know or see a Diser but couldn't remember names or user names.

it was grand though runniing into other diser's even when I couldn't remember their name, we still got to chat even if only in passing.

It was wonderful meeting you also, Brady. I hope you had a good time. It would be a pleasure to cruise with you again.

You must of been reading my mind because I was soooo coming on to PM you to see if you were ok with all your Cold Temps.. :cold:

I am VERY glad you joined our Table, we had some Great conversations. and Mickey was always so Stylish..

I am glad you are ok and please post when you can cause I worry when I don't see people for awhile :guilty:

thanks, feel free to email or PM me anytime.

I am back to reality of not having income, fighting with unemployment compensation (UC) being denied, and filing a charge against my former employer. I have a telephone hearing on the UC on Jan 9 but really no need to go thru appeal process. I filed for short term disability and that was granted. So I can't get both for the same time period. I will pfax/email the UC person (i have already emailed someone else at UC) to see if have to go thru hearing. Disability was approved for one month. They want more documentation to grant it further. Geesh look my at diagnosis <G> this is short term thru former employer so I have faxed them more and asked doctor to fax them more of what they are asking for.

it is cold down here, i know i know at least we don't have snow, or freezing snow/rain. but hey I am a floridian and anything lower then 70 is cold. LOL

last night it was 31 with wind chill in the teens. tonight cold again grrrrrrrrrrrrr I went to walmart and bought an electric blanket as I was freezing. Apt I live doesn't have central air/heat so i only have two small space heaters. But that's all I have needed like last year. get this snow flurries actually fell on Daytona Beach and down the coastline last night. LOL

ok enough of me rambling.

let's think about a reunion cruise for maybe in 2009??????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter