08 Trips Planned

Oh how wonderful to get a trip out of the blue like that! :woohoo: I would love to do the holiday season down there sometime.

I am very excited. I actually like it around christmas down there! The only problem, Dad wants to stay at the Wilderness.......I guess I can deal.

(I think that ones at the bottom of my list for hotels, but he thinks the boys will like it)

Lindy - I am sorry you had to cancel your September trip! :guilty:
Hopefully your December trip will be extra magical!! :wizard:

Our trip is getting closer! I hope we get to meet some folks from the GLBT board while we are there! My friend and her partner are supposed to drive over from Tampa one night for dinner. I haven't seen them since we were in Orlando last August, so I am excited! :goodvibes

I am very excited. I actually like it around christmas down there! The only problem, Dad wants to stay at the Wilderness.......I guess I can deal.

(I think that ones at the bottom of my list for hotels, but he thinks the boys will like it)

The Wilderness resorts are AMAZING at Christmas. I bet you'll love it!

just joined the boards, my bf and I will be at Walt Disney World staying at the Coronado Springs Resort Sep 20-24 then a Disney Cruise Sep 24-27. Anyone else there during that time or on the cruise?

just joined the boards, my bf and I will be at Walt Disney World staying at the Coronado Springs Resort Sep 20-24 then a Disney Cruise Sep 24-27. Anyone else there during that time or on the cruise?

I saw your post on the "Gay on a Disney Cruise" thread, too. We aren't on that cruise with you (we're on the Sept. 27th cruise on the Magic) but we are going to be at WDW the same time as you...as is our fabulous friend Hadley's family (NHDisneylover). If I recall right from the list at the beginning of this thread...there's a few folks at WDW around the same time actually.

well that is cool. So are you staying at WDW? If you are, what resort or what resort have you stayed at in the past?

well that is cool. So are you staying at WDW? If you are, what resort or what resort have you stayed at in the past?

Yes we're staying on property. We always do. We are Disney Vacation Club (DVC) owners at both Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Villas....but we always stayed on property even before we bought DVC ownerships. This coming trip in Sept. we're staying at Animal Kingdom Villas...but we've stayed all over the place in the past. It would be easier to list the places we have NOT stayed than to list the ones we have stayed. So we've stayed everywhere EXCEPT:

Polynesian
Contemporary
Fort Wilderness Resort or Campground
Wilderness Lodge
Swan or Dolphin (although they're not REALLY Disney resorts)
Shades of Green (because we're not military)

Animal Kingdom Lodge and/or Villas is our favorite...but we like pretty much everything on property (although the value resorts are usually our last choice if we can ever help it due to how crowded and noisy they are)

oh yeah, very cool, I really need to talk my bf into the Vacation Club....I wanted to stay at Animal Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge but they were not available so we are at Coronado Springs this time, just excited to be going to Disney World finally! Yeah I am with you about the Value Resorts, they would be our last choice. I actually work for a major hotel chain and could stay at one of our hotels, but definitely want to experience Disney!

*gasp!*

Unacceptable!! This needs to be fixed, and soon!

Yes I know! :lmao:

Honestly, on the list of places we've missed that is the only hotel that I'm really INTENT upon staying in at some point. (Although a close friend of mine is really pressuring me to stay at Wilderness Lodge, too....and I hear that the contemporary is very nice now post-remodel).

I love the theme-ier resorts...and I'm a sucker for anythign tropical, parrots, etc. (And we love eating at the Poly)....we have just never done it. So at some point soon we'll trade points out to stay at the Poly at least for a night or two, I'm sure! :thumbsup2

We were originally going to stay at the Poly looks so much fun when we were going at the beginning of September. We def want to go and see it when were are there.

It is sad when on ones next trip there is a list of things to do before they are shut down, or cut back

Since I am going in mid August I can see Poca and her Forest Friends, Adventurers Club, and Comedy Warehouse, and they see Fantasmic before it gets cut back in Jan.

It is sad when on ones next trip there is a list of things to do before they are shut down, or cut back

Since I am going in mid August I can see Poca and her Forest Friends, Adventurers Club, and Comedy Warehouse, and they see Fantasmic before it gets cut back in Jan.

Yeah Jason and I are compiling a similar list!! We have lots of things taht are getting nixed or changed between our next trip (Sept.) and the one after that (May 2009). Many are the same as yours. We are also HUGE DisneyQuest fans and it seems like the rumors about DQ's looming closure are always swirling about....so every trip we make we hit DQ like we might never see it again!! :lmao: :lmao:

Yeah Jason and I are compiling a similar list!! We have lots of things taht are getting nixed or changed between our next trip (Sept.) and the one after that (May 2009). Many are the same as yours. We are also HUGE DisneyQuest fans and it seems like the rumors about DQ's looming closure are always swirling about....so every trip we make we hit DQ like we might never see it again!! :lmao: :lmao:

We usually end up doing DQ more that PI, so we are thinking of changing that this time. Not sure when we will get back to WDW next, as we are thinking of doing a Disney Curise next year.

I would love to get back to the Poly again. We were spoiled rotten last year when we were there. The place was freakin' beautiful and it was so relaxing. I loved the Poly as much as I hated CBR. Kind of odd considering both have island/beachy themes, but the Poly was everything that I ever had hoped for and then some. Oh, and easy access to the Monorail was a HUGE bonus.

My other resort that remains on my wish list is waiting for the DVC project next door to be completed. I want to stay at AKL. I can think of nothing more wonderful than waking up to find giraffes outside my balcony and critters wandering around the savannah. But, I am a bit of an animal nut too.

I am still doing my best to attempt to be content to stay at ASMo in December. I want to be at the Poly so bad, I can almost taste it.

We usually end up doing DQ more that PI, so we are thinking of changing that this time. Not sure when we will get back to WDW next, as we are thinking of doing a Disney Curise next year.

We do DisneyQuest more than PI, too. Neither of us drinks so we're not big club people, really.....so the more adult entertainment at PI has never had as much appeal to us----although the comedy warehouse and adventurer's clubs are the obvious exceptions...so we do intend to hang out wiht friends in both of those during this next trip. Ironically, our Sept. trip has us at WDW from 9/19 through 9/27....so we're there to experience P.I.'s last week!!

We do DisneyQuest more than PI, too. Neither of us drinks so we're not big club people, really.....so the more adult entertainment at PI has never had as much appeal to us----although the comedy warehouse and adventurer's clubs are the obvious exceptions...so we do intend to hang out wiht friends in both of those during this next trip. Ironically, our Sept. trip has us at WDW from 9/19 through 9/27....so we're there to experience P.I.'s last week!!

I am sure PI will be packed that week too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter