1/26 Sailing TR From Single Mom Debbie-Part 3

piginmud

Earning My Ears
On Sunday, we picked up our passes for “Tea with Wendy Darling”. They only have tea with Wendy on two days. I chose to do it that day since after looking at the Personal Navigator for that day (the ships little newsletter that tells you everything that’s going on each day and every minute of the day basically), I decided that nothing too much was going on that afternoon that we would like to do. I thought the layout of the Personal Navigator was good. It had a special box where it would list the times and places of the character appearances for that day. It would tell you what movies were playing in the Buena Vista Theater. It also had a box for “family activities” and “adult activities” and list the highlights for those various activities.

After dinner that evening, we saw Hercules the Muse-ical. That was a very good show. My daughter (and I) didn’t exactly enjoy the movie that much, so I was curious to see if she would get bored with the show. She didn’t at all, in fact she thought it was great. We got our trading card for that show too. I believe we got all the trading cards that were available except for one (which I can’t remember now which one that is). Oh and don’t get me started on the pin trading! This was new to me. I had never seen this and before the end of the week my daughter had the starter kit along with about 10 other pins!

Okay, okay I’ll admit it…I came home with 3 pins for myself! For those of you who don’t know anything about this, the Disney people wear these “necklaces” called lanyards with a bunch of pins. They are there to trade with whomever. Their only rule was that you can’t trade more than 2 pins a day (with the Disney people). Plus they had a whole book of trading pins at the pin trading station every night. I saw a piglet in the pin trading book and had to have it. So I bought a pin from the station to trade for it. Then I went and bought the piglet pin that they had at the store. My last pin that I came home with was the bronze Mickey next to the wheel (the statue that’s in the atrium) pin. I heard (learned) from the pin traders that the cruise line pins are very valuable in trading since they are hard to come by. So that one cruise line pin could trade for 2-3 other pins on the “outside”. So I bought the Mickey pin to trade for a hard to get piglet. There was a little boy named Steven who had 4 different lanyards full of pins. The lady at the store told me about him after I told her that I wanted to start up a piglet pin collection. She told me that Steven has one lanyard dedicated for Pooh items. So when I met up with Steven that night at the pin trading (almost every night from 7:30-8:30 in the atrium) he had *two* piglets. Although the little bugger didn’t want to part with either of them! No hard feelings…just disappointment! I saw him on two other occasions during the cruise and asked him about the piglet pins, but he wouldn’t budge!

That evening was the Captains Welcome Aboard Gala. The food that evening was okay, nothing great. Although the Gala Desserts Buffet that evening was a sight to behold! My daughter was already sleeping and I was debating on going to sleep myself or to go down to the buffet. I’m glad I decided to go down to the buffet. It was definitely a wonderful sight to see. Chocolate sculptures, ice sculptures, cake sculptures, a little train running through the display of food. I had my camera with me and took a ton of still pictures. Then after going through the buffet (and taking one or two treats back to the room) I decided to go back and wait in the line again so that I could video tape it. It’s a good thing that I got there earlier to get my goodies, since by the time I had come back again to video tape (a little after 11:30) a lot of the buffet was eaten and some people started taking apart the chocolate sculptures to eat (towards the end of the buffet table).

Monday was mostly a pool day. Since we had hit the pools for a little bit here and there on Saturday and Sunday I promised my daughter that we would stay in the pool for most of the day. After most of the morning at the pool, she was pretty pooped. They have 2 pools for kids/families and then one pool dedicated just for adults. My daughter wanted to go to the adult pool *SO* bad. She said that it was “so nice and peaceful there” with no “wild kids running all around”. That’s just what she was looking for! I felt bad for her because I knew she would be good in the adult pool, but kids under 18 were not allowed. She did enjoy the slide at the Mickey pool. That was pretty cool if I do say so myself. I would have loved to come down that slide! I think the height max was something like 54 inches (darn).

We did the Island Magic Stage Show that afternoon, which was really cute. We both enjoyed that very much. We felt like “queens” since before the show they were selling smoothies. So I ordered the two of us up one chocolate and one strawberry smoothie. Dinner that night was pretty good. I have no idea what I ordered, but I was pleased with it. Although, something else I noticed about the menu. They would have one soup and one salad listed with the appetizers. Then they would have the main courses and then the desserts. On other cruises that I’ve been on, they would have one section for soup, one section for salad, one section for appetizers and then the sections for the main course and desserts. This is where I thought the food could have been better. Although one night after eating the Caesar salad, I ordered up another one since it was so good.

Our head server was from India. I can’t remember his name. He was a little hard to understand, but as the week went on, I think all of us at the table started understanding him a little better! Although I think I noticed on more than one occasion we all smiled and shook our heads and he walked away and we all looked at each other like “what did we just agree to?” J Our assistant server was Sarah (I forget where she was from). She was okay, but not great. Same as our head server. He was okay, but not great. Every night I ordered iced tea. I would drink at least 3 iced teas during my meal. Each and every night she asked me what I would like to drink. I think after a while she should have known. On previous cruises, I have sat down and the assistant server would walk over to me, greet me and put down my iced tea. I can’t remember what we did that evening, but it must have been fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter