• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

1 bedroom/studio question

Peggy Sue

Happy DVC Member
I've read a couple of comments lately about people reserving a 2 bedroom with a request that the 2 bedroom villa be one of the 1 bedroom with adjoining studio units so that later in their stay the can drop their reservation down to a 1 bedroom and don't have to go through the hassel of checking out and and checking in again. Someone made a comment that this type of request had to be made at the 11 month window. (I honestly don't remember if I read this on this board or one of the news groups I frequent)

I was always under the impression that if you wanted to change from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom during your trip that you had to check out and check back in again, even if your two bedroom was comprised of a 1 bedroom and studio units and not a dedicated 2 bedroom. Will a request for a 2 bedroom comprised of a 1 bedroom and studio be guaranteed, or is it just the luck of the draw?

Thanks.

Have a wonderful day!

That depends, if you are staying at BWV or VWL, all units are 1 BR and Studios. So, reserving a 2 BR you get a 1 BR and the attached studio. At OKW they do have dedicated 2 BR as well as a "lock off" unit that is a 1BR and the studio.
If, in your case you have a 2BR for say 4 nights then a 1 BR for 4 more night, have MS LINK the 2 ressies that way you don't need to check out and back in.
I hope that helps.

Bill
OKW '93

I've never gone in this direction, always the reverse of having a 1 BR and going to a 2 BR. I would expect it would not be difficult to stay in the same room with a little advanced planning. You will need to check in again and may miss a cleaning as it's technically two seperate reservations.

Dean

We did this 2 weeks ago at OKW. I had requested a 2BR- lock off for all but 2 nites. We arrived on Thurs and just wanted the 1BR- our guests joined us on Sat. We did have to go back to the front desk for new keys on Sat, but NOT have to move out of our 1BR. We even had 2 different housekeeping schedules- the 1BR recieved a full clean on day 4 and a T/T on day 8- the studio portion just got the T/T on it's day 4. We have done this several times in the past with the same great treatment. Just emphasize to MS when making the reservation, that you want the entire reservation linked together so no moves need to be made and reconfirm that fact at check in. The desk has always had the reservation correct at check in. Enjoy!

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

In October we did the 1br for 2 nights to a 2br for 3 nights and then back to a 1 br for the remaining 2 nights. We never had to move our stuff though we had to go to the front desk and have our rooms rekeyed during the changing of room size. It wasn't to hectic. We did it at off pick times and it was very smooth

We have done that before without having to change rooms and with no problems, but 2 years ago when they checked us out, something was missed. When people called, they were told we had checked out and that we were not at a WDW resort anymore. We found it out when we ran into some friends at AK and they said they had been told we were gone. We called home and found out our college age kids at home had been told the same thing. Our advice is to call and check that you are still listed after you re-check in. ê

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter