1 Day Away From Disney

pmurph

Mouseketeer
Help! Never been to Universal!
We are DVC members who have a stay at VGF for 5 nights during our spring break in March. In spite of the fact that this looks like a pricey endeavor, the plan is to uber over to Universal for the first full day of our trip primarily to check out Harry Potter (and go to both parks).
I know I have to purchase express pass tickets (because I would want that). But I'm assuming that won't get me in an hour early to help beat the crowds.
I even considered staying onsite to get the benefit of the early entrance as well as the "free" express pass, but it seems like a hassle to move and change hotels (I would have my heart set on Hard Rock for my 12 and 16 year old boys) for just one night!
If we go to Universal one day, for the 5 night trip that we have planned, that would only afford me three full days at Disney so I can't imagine doing less than that at Disney.

What am I missing? Should I have a different plan?

You are correct that it will be an expensive day trip.

You didn't mention how many are in your group. It it is 4-5, then it might be work out cheaper get the express passes by getting a room at a deluxe hotel. As you mention it also gets you early entry. It doesn't mean that you have to actually stay at the hotel, though you will have to check in to get the express pass.

The other benefit is that you get EE and EP for the next day as well, though it sounds like you don't want to give up a second day at Disney...

You are correct that it will be an expensive day trip.

You didn't mention how many are in your group. It it is 4-5, then it might be work out cheaper get the express passes by getting a room at a deluxe hotel. As you mention it also gets you early entry. It doesn't mean that you have to actually stay at the hotel, though you will have to check in to get the express pass.

The other benefit is that you get EE and EP for the next day as well, though it sounds like you don't want to give up a second day at Disney...

Thanks for the reply. We have 4 in my family. hmmm...decisions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter