10/2-8/11 Jamborini Meet was great! Now planning for Oct 2012!

I would! Bob probably wouldn't... not because he is anti-social but because he cannot eat or drink anything by mouth. :( That is one of the outcomes of his stroke, unfortunately.

We spent the afternoon having his PEG tube replaced because they deteriorate after about 6 months. We are hoping and praying that he will one day be able to eat again. Darned nerve damage!

How insensitive of me. I knew better I was just not thinking. I apologize. :guilty:

How is Bob doing after the tube replacement?

How insensitive of me. I knew better I was just not thinking. I apologize. :guilty:

How is Bob doing after the tube replacement?

You weren't insensitive, honey!!!! :hug: No apology necessary.

It is not something that is readily apparent and I am never sure how much I have told everyone. He said it was a piece of cake! When he had it done in the emergency room the week after I brought him home from the hospital it was painful and EXPENSIVE! This was an office visit and a practitioner was able to do it easily in 15 minutes max. Can't beat that!! The upside is that they put in a slightly larger tube so he can "eat" faster now. :rotfl2:

It is not something that is readily apparent and I am never sure how much I have told everyone. He said it was a piece of cake! When he had it done in the emergency room the week after I brought him home from the hospital it was painful and EXPENSIVE! This was an office visit and a practitioner was able to do it easily in 15 minutes max. Can't beat that!! The upside is that they put in a slightly larger tube so he can "eat" faster now. :rotfl2:

Well I am glad that it was better for him and you. Quick is always better for me too, and less pain is wonderful!

:hug:

So the designer of the shirt forgot to wear the shirt she designed... I would never hold it against you, I am sure it is just an LSU thing....:rolleyes1

OH NO YOU DIDN"T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean it is just one Friday... not even a Monday..... We are flying down Friday morning and coming back Sunday afternoon... You can do it Wendy!

If you guys keep encouraging me -------- :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Elin, I'm glad Bob is doing good........ I know it's hard on all of you and I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. The BEST thing is that he has come SO far already!!!! :hug:

Brandi - :hug: You are such a sweet sweet friend to all of us!!!!

OHHHHHHH and just a little tidbit for Brandi -

You do recall that the last time "WE" met, while both ranked in the top 5 - LSU DID beat Bama...................... just saying....................... :rolleyes1

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHHHHHHH and just a little tidbit for Brandi -

You do recall that the last time "WE" met, while both ranked in the top 5 - LSU DID beat Bama...................... just saying....................... :rolleyes1

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alabama gave LSU that game.... It was a squeak by... but I will give you that one...

I think the easiest way to answer is to direct you to Deb Wills' 2-part review:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/2011/10/walt_disney_world_swan_and_dol_1.html

http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/2011/10/walt_disney_world_swan_and_dol.html

The wine seminars were conducted by Swan/Dolphin employees, not by a wine vendor or distributor. :thumbsup2 The foods and beverages were wonderful. :thumbsup2 I have a new respect for the Swolphin restaurants! :goodvibes

The 4 bands were amazing -- my favorite was the Four Divo (although the other 3 bands were wonderful as well).

It was a first-class event -- well-planned and wonderfully executed! :thumbsup2

OK, so I finally found time to check out the links and it definitely looks GREAT! So I am to understand that the event takes place on Friday and Saturday from 5:30-9:30PM? And that each night is the same? (but how can you eat all that great food in one night?)

I just read a review of the French Lunch that I would have gone to, had my trip panned out and it looked lackluster. I really liked Elin's Italian lunch or was that dessert? :scratchin I'm getting confused about all the reviews I've been reading. I DO want to do the Grand Mariner tasting if it's back next year, but that's during the day, so we could still do the Swan Dolphin classic at night?

I think we need to figure out how to pack our tray tables so that we can do a sip and stroll event. These are great for the PFTS event at DL, but we don't have to fly to get there. I need to figure out how to pack them for next year.

IMG_3670.jpg

Alison - We did the Pizza and Beer Pairing at Via Napoli and it was really good. Most of the French Regional Lunches have been superb in the past, so don't count that out for next year (although they are usually during the middle of the week).

If I were you two I would ship those trays to the resort in advance!

OK, so I finally found time to check out the links and it definitely looks GREAT! So I am to understand that the event takes place on Friday and Saturday from 5:30-9:30PM? And that each night is the same? (but how can you eat all that great food in one night?)

You'd be surprised how easy it is to get your money's worth, eating and drinking your way around the Classic! ;) It is just the 2 evenings and the adult beverages don't change, but the restaurant menus do (at least most do!). There were 26 beverage stations this year and try hard as I might, I didn't make it to every one of them!! (I came close though! :laughing:)

Alison - We did the Pizza and Beer Pairing at Via Napoli and it was really good. Most of the French Regional Lunches have been superb in the past, so don't count that out for next year (although they are usually during the middle of the week).

I agree that shipping the trays to the resort would be the way to go! :thumbsup2 Whether outside on the Causeway or inside (if the weather is bad), there was plenty of room for scooters and chairs to maneuver through the crowd! :goodvibes

Exactly what I would suggest!

You'd be surprised how easy it is to get your money's worth, eating and drinking your way around the Classic! ;) It is just the 2 evenings and the adult beverages don't change, but the restaurant menus do (at least most do!). There were 26 beverage stations this year and try hard as I might, I didn't make it to every one of them!! (I came close though! :laughing:)

David and I will be there to egg you on this coming year! You can do it!:thumbsup2

I'm not sure why I didn't think of shipping the things! :lmao: I shipped a case of wine when my parents came out there with us! I can have the preprinted labels for shipping them back and just leave them at the front desk.

Thanks ladies!

I'm not sure why I didn't think of shipping the things! :lmao: I shipped a case of wine when my parents came out there with us! I can have the preprinted labels for shipping them back and just leave them at the front desk.

Thanks ladies!

Great plans...

Aren't you going to be doing it with me???!!! :rotfl:

(Warning: I am a bit of a lightweight!!! :rotfl2: My "one too many" happens way before most others!!!! :crazy2:)

ummm, yes we will be there every step of the way! Too bad, I am not a lightweight, I have been in training for years...:rotfl:

I will do my best to keep up youse guys!! ;)

(I'll start practicing in 2 days at WDW! :woohoo:)

Laura, I know it is not F&W but if you feel like it, have a grand marnier slushie in France for me? I know zebra domes are in your future. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter