$10/month Rogers data in the US plan!

2gr8DisneyKids

DIS Veteran
Had to share... DH saw that Rogers is now offering unlimited data plans in the US for $10/month! So now we do not have to pay the outrageous fees or carry our wireless routers to Disney!

Downloading "Lines" app to use this weekend! :dance3:

Just a correction, it's NOT an unlimited data plan. Basically it just adds the US area for your existing data plan. For example, if you're currently on the 1 GB/month plan, your usage while in the US goes towards that 1GB as if you were still in Canada.

It's called One Rate, and costs $10/month for the life of your contract.

Just a correction, it's NOT an unlimited data plan. Basically it just adds the US area for your existing data plan. For example, if you're currently on the 1 GB/month plan, your usage while in the US goes towards that 1GB as if you were still in Canada.

It's called One Rate, and costs $10/month for the life of your contract.

Thanks for the clarification, I was just going to add it as I discovered the details when we went to add the option.

sorry to be misleading, I assumed wrong from the banner add. :) Still, not a bad deal...

I have a BB, I only use it for calls (I have a Long Dis plan 10 US min for 10.00), would the 10.00 data plan cover the reciept and sending of emails? Is there a limit as to how long I have to add the 10.00 to my plan? Anyone know more?

Is this the plan that is not retroactive to existing plan members but only for new contracts? It's still cheaper for me to use my US phone where once I put $100 on it the minutes roll annually as long as I add $10 a year before the year expires. Paying $100 on the get go is still cheaper than $10 a month for the length of my contract and it doesn't include talk time. My card includes pay as you go Talk and Data... I've never used that much talk or Data to need to buy more airtime beyond the top off of $10 1x a year.

I just got off the phone with Rogers since I leave tomorrow :yay:

You can add the $10 data roaming plan but that only covers Blackberry Messenger, email and data usage NOT TEXTS. It can be added and removed at will. So you can add it just for your trip and have it expire 30 days later.

You can also add blocks on minutes. I added 40 US mins for $25. They expire after 30 days.

You can also add text messages. There are two plans. Both plans get you unlimited received text messages. $10 gets you 20 sent text messages. $20 gets you 50 sent text messages.

None of these need to be kept for the duration of your trip. You can even add them online instead of calling customer service.

I forgot to reiterate what a pp said. The $10 US Data roaming plan does not give you additional/unlimited data while you are in the US. It just lets you use your existing data plan (I have 500mb/month) without additional roaming charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter