10 weeks pregnant

Thanks for the reply. She is totally ok with, and looking forward to Pirates and says its pretty much a slide. Safari is something she wants to do as well, as long as she, like you, won't be needing a a bathroom break too often. Other than that she will be avoiding any E ticket rides with pregnancy warnings
I was in early pregnancy and was surprised at how bumpy Safari was. I had never noticed it before (or since) but when pregnant I remember being worried about it during the ride.

For me it was decaf tea and evaporated milk, and plain shreddies -- no milk, no nothing. We weren't going to WDW when I was pregnant, but we camped in the backcountry a few times and this was portable. I also had to avoid having an empty stomach, so I snacked wherever I could -- even in a canoe in the middle of a lake.

Congratulations!

good point - I was always snacking, too, which was annoying early on when I felt lowkey nauseous all day. Apples helped me, and I ate lots of saltine crackers.

good point - I was always snacking, too, which was annoying early on when I felt lowkey nauseous all day. Apples helped me, and I ate lots of saltine crackers.

Definitely saltines! I wasn't able to eat apples or especially oranges when pregnant. But cheese popcorn...which I had never eaten much before that...was just fine.

Forgot to add -- every pregnant woman at WDW should keep a park map with them for the washrooms.

For me it was decaf tea and evaporated milk, and plain shreddies -- no milk, no nothing. We weren't going to WDW when I was pregnant, but we camped in the backcountry a few times and this was portable. I also had to avoid having an empty stomach, so I snacked wherever I could -- even in a canoe in the middle of a lake.

Congratulations!
Yep! She was over at our house yesterday and said, " Mom, I gotta eat something or throw up " Of course, she had food in her hands in less than 30 seconds...However, at the parks I'll have to have snackies in my backpack...can't risk relying on snack carts. Dont wanna wait in any line.

Definitely saltines! I wasn't able to eat apples or especially oranges when pregnant. But cheese popcorn...which I had never eaten much before that...was just fine.

Forgot to add -- every pregnant woman at WDW should keep a park map with them for the washrooms.
Love the idea of keeping the map on hand for bathroom locations..👍

Congratulations!
Thank you! I had never considered any of those before, but will definitely have to give them a try!

I'm 12 weeks and going at the end of April. I plan on riding everything I possibly can (obviously no rollercoasters, but my Doc seems to be OK with almost all the non-thrill rides.)

There's no reason you and her won't have a wonderful and enjoyable time!

I'm 12 weeks and going at the end of April. I plan on riding everything I possibly can (obviously no rollercoasters, but my Doc seems to be OK with almost all the non-thrill rides.)

There's no reason you and her won't have a wonderful and enjoyable time!
Thanks! She has her first Dr.s appointment today and going to ask what concerns, if any, she has.

Love the idea of keeping the map on hand for bathroom locations..👍
but remember at handicapped ones the person if front of you could take longer than you want and a lot of times there might not be a second one there if in a hurry. I say this because I had a family very upset with me as I take longer than normal. I did not get out fast enough for their young child and you can guess rest of story. so just aheads up about that possible problem

but remember at handicapped ones the person if front of you could take longer than you want and a lot of times there might not be a second one there if in a hurry. I say this because I had a family very upset with me as I take longer than normal. I did not get out fast enough for their young child and you can guess rest of story. so just aheads up about that possible problem

Why would a pregnant woman need a handicapped restroom unless she’s handicapped? I’m pretty sure I never used a handicapped restroom in my entire pregnancy. Regular ones work just fine. In fact, I also use regular stalls with my young child too. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Why would a pregnant woman need a handicapped restroom unless she’s handicapped? I’m pretty sure I never used a handicapped restroom in my entire pregnancy. Regular ones work just fine. In fact, I also use regular stalls with my young child too. 🤷🏻‍♀️
because depending on what you use to make your list of bathrooms the handicapped could show. and as I said had a family very upset with me when I took so long that their child had an accident waiting for me to get done as I take longer than normal. was not a good out come and I was yelled at because I took too long. if in a hurry it might seem like the closest one which might not be true

Following along! Recently found out I'm pregnant and I have a trip coming up at the end of April. I have heard that almond milk helps with heartburn as well. Not necessarily something to carry around easily, but you might be able to keep some stocked in your room!

I lived on Pepcid AC with my second pregnancy as Tums just wouldn't work anymore.

I was also my own personal vomit comet for both pregnancies. I'm sort of glad Covid cancelled our trip last year, there is no way I would have had fun....

because depending on what you use to make your list of bathrooms the handicapped could show. and as I said had a family very upset with me when I took so long that their child had an accident waiting for me to get done as I take longer than normal. was not a good out come and I was yelled at because I took too long. if in a hurry it might seem like the closest one which might not be true
I don’t think those are on the regular maps.

I went when I was 11 weeks pregnant and I would echo a lot of what others have said. Go slow and take breaks when needed. Have her discuss with her doctor about rides and do what feels comfortable. I was a nervous Nelly as it was my first pregnancy, but I did everything that didn't have a height restriction including safari, pirates, frozen, etc. Safari can be very bumpy but my doctor said it was no worse than a bumpy car ride (and everything was fine in the end!). Definitely carry some small snacks with you in case she starts to feel hungry. My biggest issue is that I would start to feel very nauseous if I didn't eat right away, so having something small on hand is smart. I really liked to chew ginger gum which helped with any nausea I had. They sell it at CVS and Walgreens I believe. It's expensive but totally worth it! Another thing I really enjoyed having was a cooling towel. We went in September when it was VERY hot and I loved having a cooling towel to help keep my body temp down. Also in case you didn't know, you can go to any quick service or walk up food place and get water for free in case you don't want to carry a bunch of bottles. The only thing I hated while pregnant was that I couldn't ride the super fun thrill rides with the rest of my party LOL. But tons of fun can certainly be had, and I hope you and her have a wonderful trip. Congrats!

I went when I was 11 weeks pregnant and I would echo a lot of what others have said. Go slow and take breaks when needed. Have her discuss with her doctor about rides and do what feels comfortable. I was a nervous Nelly as it was my first pregnancy, but I did everything that didn't have a height restriction including safari, pirates, frozen, etc. Safari can be very bumpy but my doctor said it was no worse than a bumpy car ride (and everything was fine in the end!). Definitely carry some small snacks with you in case she starts to feel hungry. My biggest issue is that I would start to feel very nauseous if I didn't eat right away, so having something small on hand is smart. I really liked to chew ginger gum which helped with any nausea I had. They sell it at CVS and Walgreens I believe. It's expensive but totally worth it! Another thing I really enjoyed having was a cooling towel. We went in September when it was VERY hot and I loved having a cooling towel to help keep my body temp down. Also in case you didn't know, you can go to any quick service or walk up food place and get water for free in case you don't want to carry a bunch of bottles. The only thing I hated while pregnant was that I couldn't ride the super fun thrill rides with the rest of my party LOL. But tons of fun can certainly be had, and I hope you and her have a wonderful trip. Congrats!
Oh, I definitely think that idea of a cooling towel is great! And picking up some ginger gum is genius!! She actually says ginger is very helpful, had no clue there was even such a thing as ginger gum..TY!

had no clue there was even such a thing as ginger gum..TY!

So I had HORRIBLE morning sickness. Found a SeaBands brand gum that I think was ginger and mint. I told my husband that it helped with the nausea only because it was so weird tasting that it distracted me from how I felt :rotfl2:

I don't know how long you have to travel, but I went when I was around 10 weeks and the main caution that my doctors gave me was that since we had an 8 hour car ride, to make sure we stopped every couple of hours and walked around to prevent blood clots.

Fun fact, there are only bathrooms in every other country in the World Showcase. I visited every one of them. Twice.

I went back when I was 7 months pregnant, and much of what other posters have mentioned helped me survive: the cooling towel, a refillable water bottle, snacks. Also, if the heat does get to be too much, or if she just needs a break, you can visit the baby care centers which are nicely air conditioned and generally have a Disney movie playing, so they're a good place to relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter