$1000 to NOT have a violinist at SBP?!?

sajilunni

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, I just contacted my WP, Amy Riendeau and told her that we would like to play meaningful songs at our intimate vow renewal in lieu of the violinist. I was thinking we could make a CD and just play it on a boombox there. She said that since SBP doesn't have a sound system we would need to rent one along with a mixer(?) and it would cost about a $1000 extra.

Has anyone else done this? I would have thought that a violinist is not everyone's cup of tea, and some people would like to hear the actual song with lyrics for things like their first dance. (I had planned on making Mickey head fan programs and writing out the song lyrics on them).

I'd love to know if any other intimate brides have chosen to not go with only instrumental music?

Jil

While I didn't do this, I did ask about it.
I was informed that I could bring my own stereo system, such as an Ipod and speakers or anything for that matter that carried batteries as their is no electrical socket.
This would cost no extra.
We ended up going with the violin as it was beautiful, but like you wanted the song lyrics for our dance. I am getting the violin played over with the actual song on our wedding video though.
IMO, it's certainly not worth an extra $1000.:eek:

We got married at Yacht Club Gazebo, just up the boardwalk a bit from SBP. We did the same thing as Summer: used the violinist to play through the cermony but brought a boom box along so we could dance our first dance to lyrics. Like SBP, Yacht Club has no reliable plugs, so we just made sure we had a battery-powered CD player (when they put our luggage in our room, they inadvertently flipped the power on so that when we went to play it, there was no juice left, but that's another story, lol!).

Anyway, I think there are options other than the $1k; ask your coordinator about it!

A sound system requires an engineer and costs $785, but you totally don't need that.

You are allowed to bring your own battery-operated boombox - tons of brides have done it. I don't know why they keep scaring us with these worst-case, most-expensive-option scenarios...

i asked about bringing a boom box/ipod and speakers to my reception at living seas and they said this was fine, they also said that if i didn't bring my own, i could rent theirs for $70...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter