10th Annisersary - no kids -Hard Rock or Portofino?

NandP

Nick D DIS Veteran DVC-BCV
We are planning our 10th wedding anniversary for Universal.. we are trying to decide on the HardRock or the Portofino.. any suggestions?

How close are each to the parks?

Which has nicer / bigger / king size beds / coffee pots / etc?

Any input would be helpful...

Thanks...:wave2:

Portofino definitely. I think it's more for couples and not alot of kids there.

Portofino would be more romantic. Both hotels have great beds, coffee pots,etc. Hard Rock is closer to the parks--just a short walk. Portofino is a bit further but has the water taxi to take you to CityWalk.

We have only stayed at HRH, but if I get a chance to return with just my husband, we will be staying PBH. More romantic.

I've stayed at RPR and HRH and visited Portofino - I loved them all, but would stay at Portofino if I was looking for quiet and/or romance. We had a wonderful dinner there at Mama Della's and I think it would have been a very romantic place to eat (if there had been less than 16 of us!!;) ) - my girlfriend also treated me to a massage at their Mandara Spa - fabulous!- they have a huge variety of treatments available- that might be a real treat for your anniversary! Portofino is the farthest from the parks, but there are waterboats that run back and forth - about 10 - 15 minutes it seemed - a really beautiful ride into the Portofino Harbor at night. Whatever you decide, I hope it's wonderful !:smooth:

I originally booked the Hard Rock... but i could only get 2-queen beds, no Kings left on the Ent. rate,... After reading your posts, and talking to friends, I switched my ressies :wizard: to the Portofino (w/ King bed :love2: ) even though it cost a few extra bucks!

I hope I did the right thing? :cool1:

Thanks ALL !! :jumping1: :wave2:

The Portofino is a very beautiful and romantic place.

Not to worry - Portofino is lovely and the perfect place to spend your anniversary!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter