12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrsMork said:
BuzzBoyMom said:
I feel silly posting jokes amongs the very serious comments about pay raises and politics.

Please don't feel that I'm insensitive.

You guys keep posting!!

Know that I'm sending ya hugs via the jokes, okay?!!!

It was that time, during the Sunday morning service, for "the children's sermon," and all the children were invited to come Forward. One little girl was wearing a particularly pretty dress and, as she sat down, the pastor leaned over and said to her, "That is a very pretty dress. Is it your Easter dress?" The little girl replied, "Yes, and my Mom says it's a b---tch to
iron."

We need it, Karen. Thank you!

This one is for Brandi!!
Thanks Angie!!! You girls are great!

All because DD8's bus was late, so then off to art class late, then kicked DD13 off the computer so I could see if the pirate: was close and I took a chance... now to see what I missed.

87Heel said:
and again pirate:
Good Pirate Marielle!

I must get dinner started for my DH and munchkins! I have choir tonight. I'll catch up later!

BuzzBoyMom said:
okay - is there anyone out there actually reading these or did I scare you guys away?

Karen, I think you have impeccable timing! :thumbsup2

These are :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

20) Ever stop to think, and forget to start again? (My favorite)

Here I encouraged you guys to get the milestone and a bunch of my employees ambushed me in my office so I couldn't even participate.

Guess at my next staff meeting, I'm gonna have to explain to them that they can't disturb me while I'm dising.

Have a good evening everyone!!!!!

Jhalkias said:
Would it be rude to watch a show on my iPod during the Cheetahs?

Just checking . . .

John1

No. But I don't think there are earbuds made that can block out that preteen squeal and screech around you.

In less than an hour I'll be volunteering at the school spaghetti dinner... while my teen baby-sitter (also known as DD13) watches DS3 for no pay. So will the minimum wage people come after me?

BuzzBoyMom said:
4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or
whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car
with an automatic transmission.

But mine taste good! :rolleyes1

BuzzBoyMom said:
Remember this motto to live by:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

:thumbsup2

BuzzBoyMom said:
What a wonderful message!

Making Pancakes

Six-year-old Brandon decided one Saturday morning to fix his parents pancakes. He found a big bowl and spoon, pulled a chair to the counter, opened the cupboard and pulled out the heavy flour canister, spilling it on the floor.

He scooped some of the flour into the bowl with his hands, mixed in most of a cup of milk and added some sugar, leaving a floury trail on the floor which by now had a few tracks left by his kitten.

Brandon was covered with flour and getting frustrated. He wanted this to be something very good for Mom and Dad, but it was getting very bad.

He didn't know what to do next, whether to put it all into the oven or on the stove and he didn't know how the stove worked!. Suddenly he saw his kitten licking from the bowl of mix and reached to push her away, knocking the egg carton to the floor. Frantically he tried to clean up this monumental mess but slipped on the eggs, getting his pajamas white and sticky.

And just then he saw Dad standing at the door. Big crocodile tears welled up in Brandon's eyes. All he'd wanted to do was something good, but he'd made a terrible mess. He was sure a scolding was coming, maybe even a spanking. But his father just watched him.

Then, walking through the mess, he picked up his crying son, hugged him and loved him, getting his own pajamas white and sticky in the process!

That's how God deals with us. We try to do something good in life, but it turns into a mess. Our marriage gets all sticky, we insult a friend, we can't stand our job, or our health goes sour.

Sometimes we just stand there in tears beca use we can't think of anything else to do. That's when God picks us up and loves us and forgives us, even though some of our mess gets all over Him.

But just because we might mess up, we can't stop trying to "make pancakes" for God or for others. Sooner or later we'll get it right, and then they'll be glad we tried...

:sad:

87Heel said:
and again pirate:

Good pirate: Marielle. It looks like I signed on just a few minutes too late.

Oh well it is now time to once again ..... catch up!

goofyforlife said:
No surprise here...Why should it be any different? Are they working any less than older folks... NO Sure they can't work beyond certain weekday hours but have the same job requirements.

From 16 on...I worked 30-35 hours a week to pay for my own expenses...my car...my car insurance.....my clothes...my spending money...my hairspray (it was the 80's ya know).

Sorry didn't come from a family with cash... or an allowance fairy... If i wanted something...I had to earn it on my own...

I think the minimum wage has always included everyone. :confused3

For Brack, April and other interested fans:
Looks like Butch Davis will be the new football coach for the Tar Heels. Online sites and at least one newspaper are reporting that the contract is signed; they just haven't made the official announcement.

OK, Brack, since you've been driving the roads of Maryland, West Virginia and Kentucky quite often....
what route would you take from the Philly suburbs to Rogers, Kentucky?? Online map sites are giving me different answers, of course.

BuzzBoyMom said:
A mother is driving a little girl to her friend's house for a play date.
"Mommy," the little girl asks, "how old are you?"
"Honey, you are not supposed to ask a lady her age," the mother replied.
"It's not polite."
"OK", the little girl says, "How much do you weigh?"
"Now really," the mother says, "those are personal questions and are really none of your business."
Undaunted, the little girl asks, "Why did you and Daddy get a divorce?"
"That is enough questions, young lady, honestly!"
The exasperated mother walks away as the two friends begin to play.
"My Mom won't tell me anything about her," the little girl says to her friend.
"Well," says the friend, "all you need to do is look at her drivers' license It is like a report card, it has everything on it."

Later that night the little girl says to her mother, "I know how old you are, you are 32."
The mother is surprised and asks, "How did you find that out?
"I also know that you weigh 140 pounds."
The mother is past surprised and shocked now. "How in heaven's name did you find that out?"
"And," the little girl says triumphantly, "I know why you and daddy got a divorce."
"Oh really?" the mother asks. "Why?"
"Because you got an F in sex."

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

klineyqueen said:
I have to share an e-mail I just received....Brack...this is for you and Annette!

A minister was completing a Temperance sermon. With great emphasis he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the
river."

With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

Sermon complete, he sat down.

The song leader stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, nearly laughing, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn #365, "Shall We Gather at the River."

Smile, life is too short not to !!
If this brightened your day
Don't let it stop here
Pass it on with a smile
Keep spreading the Cheer.
See you at the river

I need to try and work that one in this Sunday!
:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter