12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you guy all want to hear from each other, but here goes.
My sons are in westling season now. my older son 7, got 2nd last weekend and this weekend at the matches, he is unpinded and lost for 1st place both times by two pionts in his 7-8 year old cat. The 8 yold that he lost 1st to this weekend was on his team just in a higher class, said that he has pinned everyone this year but my son. my 5 year old has not gotten a medal yet this year but has also never been pinned. My 5 year old has pinned 3 kids and my 7 year old has 4 kids, 1 in under 10 secs. One kid forfitted with 10 sec to go, he did not want to go back out on the mat with him ( Spencer had wrestled him this year and lost by pionts to him once). They are doing great, we have two more saterdays to go then state, which I don't want to go to this year, two long of a day. last year my then 6 yearold only lost to one boy. I hope you are all doing well. I ordered the new cruise dvd. Hope it gets here soon. I am working on saving enough to stay at wdw for 7 days before the cruise and will see how that works out. what have you guys been up too?

Mum of two pirate: pirate:

Hi all! Good job on the westling sons of pirate mom! I can't wait to meet your boys, they sound like fun! :cheer2:

I have been working 6 days a week at my job, have a girl here at work who dosen't show up, if she has a sniffle and also won't lift a half pound book, too heavy she says! :rotfl2:. (BTW, I work in a University Bookstore, one of the largest in North America.)

But of this over time is great, because I am now going Solo to the World this October. :cool1: This will help with the 21 months we have left. I miss my cruise countdown clock, but can't find one that will do that long of a count. I volunteered for the new countdown testing, so lets see what happens there!

Penny

Thanks for the news on your sons. That is the kind of info that makes this thread so great. By the time we get to meet we will know a lot about each other. I think that it makes the cruise experience much better.

It looks like my plans to visit Disneyland may fall through but we do hope to visit WDW in May. We have a conference to attend in Atlanta then. What we do is fly to Orlando stay a few days, rent a car and drive to Atlanta, do the conference then drive back to WDW for a few more days then fly home. Yes, we are crazy about the Mouse.

Looking forward to hearing more

pjpoohbear said:
I decide who needs a window I am going on this cruise!

We had a verandah on our Dec 04 Wonder 4-day cruise and loved it. We've rebooked for an inside stateroom and I'm sure we'll miss the verandah, but it's better than being at home. Plus we'll have more money for souvenirs!

It'll be me, my DIScrazed DH, DS6, DS2, SIL, BIL, DN and DN. We cruised together last year along with MIL and FIL, and everyone but the MIL and FIL rebooked onboard.

In the mean time, we'll be heading to WDW this December.

Nice to meet you! :wave:

Welcome Aboard!!!!!! To Virginiamama's crew!

You have a crowd with you, you should be easy to spot! Are the DN and DN, he's or she's or both?

As you have read I am solo, this trip. My possible shipmates keep asking what the deposit is and when they can pay, but I haven't seen a penny yet! No pennies, no tickey!

Enjoy WDW in December, I couldn't wait and booked a visit to the Food and Wine Fest and MNSSHP.

Penny

Hey how are you all doing? My 5 year old got secound place this weekend . YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Its his first medal this year. My 7 y old got secound again also. We had dinner at my Brothers house yesterday after the match. It snowed all the way home, We havent had snow in over a month. Hope all is well with you all. Next Dec seems like it is a million light years away.

Ahh...it's only roughly 20.5 months from now....

Piece of cake...... I'm trying to kill time by planning a Dec 2005 trip to DW.

Congrats on your son's match..... :thewave:

It takes a true saint to sit through all those wrestling matches..... :goodvibes

(My DD cheered for wrestling one year when she was 6 before I knew that matches took like 5-6 hours and our girls had to stay the ENTIRE time.)

Good job on the matches. Wow only 20 more months. I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to get two more familys to go on the ship with us. It will be a blast. I cant wait. TTFN :duck: :jumping1:

virginiamama said:
it's better than being at home. Plus we'll have more money for souvenirs!

This is exactly why we have booked an inside cabin for the last four cruises! We had a verandah on our first cruise, It was cool but we stayed in the room so little it was a waste of money .... money we could use on stuff. :goodvibes

To take the edge off of missing DCL we have scheduled a trip to WDW the first of June. We are also in the planning stages of a WDW trip right after Thanksgiving for the Christmas shows. :cloud9:

Good job to the pirates!

Welcome, Virginiamama.

We are planning our annual Disneyland trip the week of June 20. We usually try to go there before school is out (crowds :scared1: ), but as we are having a family reunion there we have to do it when all the kids can go. Our oldest DGS started high school this year so we are hesitant to take him out for a week. We have always done that, but we don't think he can make up the work as easily in high school.

We also will be cruising on the Dec 10, 2005 Eastern with my favorite DU (age 79) and his bride (age 74). We were thrilled when he remarried after being a widower for a bit. :love: And we were even happier when his bride told us she would love to sail with us if she could go to St. Thomas.

We are also trying to talk a DN and his wife into going on this 2006 cruise with us. Hopefully.

We too book cat 11 and spend the $$ having more fun, more massages. :goodvibes

We have sailed in a secret porthole room once and upgraded at the port to a cat 9 porthole on the 10 day last Dec. Found we were not in the room enough, even with 10 days!, to make a difference. It was just DH and myself that trip.

Glad to see this thread already moving along. We should be able to get to know each other well in 2 years and have some fun DIS meets.

Hi guys. My mom took off for reno for the week, so I cleaned and rearanged her office. I also took her laptop, so now I am sitting up at 9pm scoping these boards again today. Ya I have it bad. can't wait for my dh to go back to work tomorrow. He has been home, in bed with namonia (?) for the last eight days or so. My pirates have done so well again this year that they get to go to STATE for wrestling. Probably won't place but hey it's cool anyway. Well I better go over and surf the rest of the boards. Mum of pirate: pirate:

MrsMork said:
Glad to see this thread already moving along. We should be able to get to know each other well in 2 years and have some fun DIS meets.

I too am glad to see this thread take off. This discussion board and the DIS Meets we have had has been a great experience for me. I look forward to hearing more about you all. :grouphug:

MrsMork said:
We too book cat 11 and spend the $$ having more fun, more massages. :goodvibes

We have sailed in a secret porthole room once and upgraded at the port to a cat 9 porthole on the 10 day last Dec. Found we were not in the room enough, even with 10 days!, to make a difference. It was just DH and myself that trip.

We will be in the SPHR this cruise. We have had a outside room the other two cruises. I hope we dont miss that fresh air at night before bed. I love all the money we are saving. I just cant wait!!!! :banana: :hourglass :love:

We have found we don't save any money by booking a cat 11....we just spend it elsewhere! :rotfl2:

Just wanted to say good morning to everyone. We are going to my parents and my sisters on sunday for easter. What is everyone else doing? We will have a clue hunt for the boys in the eggs. I am so bad I still havent bought them a bunny, but have everything else. Mum

We will be on Maui. Its been in the 80.... Have a GOOD Friday and a happy Easter..... :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter