12/6/2010 Magic Kingdom Meet!!!!!

So I was going through everyones ADR times and we are all such good DISers and have some great ressies, unfortunately between all our ressies we are all booked for the whole morning and afternoon. Most of us are planning to see MSEP and Wishes but I don't know if you all want to get a spot early and watch together, oth...erwise we could meet up sometime after Wishes.

Everyone let me know what they feel is best for them

So I was going through everyones ADR times and we are all such good DISers and have some great ressies, unfortunately between all our ressies we are all booked for the whole morning and afternoon. Most of us are planning to see MSEP and Wishes but I don't know if you all want to get a spot early and watch together, oth...erwise we could meet up sometime after Wishes.

Everyone let me know what they feel is best for them

We can try meeting around the hub before Wishes starts and watch it all together... that could be cool.

Or we can gather after Wishes at a spot and meet while letting the crowds file out. I have the park hours as 11pm closing but haven't checked if that's changed. We sometimes like to grab an ice cream cone at the Parlour at the end of the night.

I would love to come. I will probably come by myself. I added myself as a maybe to the facebook thingy. I am most likely a yes but forbid something major happens. You know its so far out. Hopefully it will all be good then.

This is our first trip so I am game for anything! Whatever is easiest for everyone is fine for me and my family. I know we will be having some late nights with the kids so I can plan for it so they are not grumpy. Which does remind me, the only thing that would keep us away is if my DS, Gavin, is sick. He was born with some serious medical issues and sometimes he just has a bad day. I am not sure how I will be able to get a message to you all if we can't make it. Keeping my fingers crossed that Gavin has a great trip and is able to keep up with no sick days. I didn't plan for those so they aren't allowed!

It can get very congested at the Hub, we watch Wishes from there and just stay still until the crowds disperse because people no not pay attention to Bill's wheelchair and either cut in front of him or bump into him.

Tinker_Tam, the parks all have first aid stations, if Gavin needs a place to decompress, lay down etc, they would gladly give you a room. We use the first aid stations for Bill's personal care every trip, they are professional, caring, and helpful.

It can get very congested at the Hub, we watch Wishes from there and just stay still until the crowds disperse because people no not pay attention to Bill's wheelchair and either cut in front of him or bump into him.

Tinker_Tam, the parks all have first aid stations, if Gavin needs a place to decompress, lay down etc, they would gladly give you a room. We use the first aid stations for Bill's personal care every trip, they are professional, caring, and helpful.

Thanks Tracy! The CM told me about the first aid stations but she didn't tell me we could just take a break there with him. Brenda will be able to keep going but sometimes Gavin needs to lie for a little while. Also, Do you know if they have a place where we could store refrigerated meds while we are in the parks? Or will I need to go back to the room to take care of those?

Hi guys we are leaving that day it is a daddy daughter trip and we might be able to stop by and say hello if it is early enough that day . we got a 430 flight out of mco ? hope we can say hi . Jeff

Thanks Tracy! The CM told me about the first aid stations but she didn't tell me we could just take a break there with him. Brenda will be able to keep going but sometimes Gavin needs to lie for a little while. Also, Do you know if they have a place where we could store refrigerated meds while we are in the parks? Or will I need to go back to the room to take care of those?

From what I have read on the disablilites board First Aid will refrigerate your meds for you. If Gavin needs a place to lie down you just go to the First Aid station and let the nurses know. They will have you sign in and take you back to either a room with a door or a curtain. Let them know what you need :thumbsup2.

If the meds need to be timed with meals you might take a small, softsided cooler into the park instead. This way you wouldn't have to trek to the First Aid Station before going to eat :goodvibes.

From what I have read on the disablilites board First Aid will refrigerate your meds for you. If Gavin needs a place to lie down you just go to the First Aid station and let the nurses know. They will have you sign in and take you back to either a room with a door or a curtain. Let them know what you need :thumbsup2.

If the meds need to be timed with meals you might take a small, softsided cooler into the park instead. This way you wouldn't have to trek to the First Aid Station before going to eat :goodvibes.

Thanks again. I have so much to figure out as far as Gavin is concerned. We go back to the Peds surgeon tomorrow to see if his last surgery was successful so I am sure there are lots of things he needs to clear up for us too. He has already given us the permission to take him under the understanding that we must hand carry his entire file with us in case of an emergency.

MK has EMH that night till 11pm. Is everyone planning on hanging around after Wishes is over?

Tammy this is a great place to get info you need and Tracy is great resource!!!

Hello all,

Unfortunately I have had to make some changes to my vacation plans and will no longer be able to attend the DISmeet :sad:

I am hoping you will all continue and meet up as well as post pics

I am looking for someone to take over this thread and the fb group and to organize it. If you are interested let me know

Looks like you are now getting to pop on the 9th. We will still be there then. Would still love to get with you! Maybe we could get a second meet going for those that are around then. Just a thought?

Looks like you are now getting to pop on the 9th. We will still be there then. Would still love to get with you! Maybe we could get a second meet going for those that are around then. Just a thought?

Thanks and I would love to still meet up with anyone that will be around. That was the hardest part about changing my dates

Will are still working which days will be in which park, but depending on the time we may plan on being there.

Oh this sounds fun :goodvibes
We would love to join...we will be honeymooning, and we have a 7:30 PM Cali grill ressie...if timing allows, we will be there!!!

If not, anyone want to meet for drinks afterwards?? ;)

Tammy this is a great place to get info you need and Tracy is great resource!!!

Thanks for the compliment!!

Tam has a great idea!! We are there until the 13th and I would love to meet you!

Thanks and I would love to still meet up with anyone that will be around. That was the hardest part about changing my dates

:hug: I know all about having to change dates, you had to do what was best for you.

Will are still working which days will be in which park, but depending on the time we may plan on being there.

It would be great to get to meet you.

Oh this sounds fun :goodvibes
We would love to join...we will be honeymooning, and we have a 7:30 PM Cali grill ressie...if timing allows, we will be there!!!

If not, anyone want to meet for drinks afterwards?? ;)

Wow a Disneymoon, how wonderful! We will be at MK until close. Hopefully we can find a way to coordinate times to meet.

I am newer here but I would love to meet up with other DISers. This will be our last night so a great way to end our trip.

I would like to meet everyone, too.

My ADR is at Epcot's Le Cellier at 4:35 P.M.

Then I plan to take the monorail to MK.

I am open to any time or place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter