14 days

galwayman

Earning My Ears
yes only 14 days to go,
first trip to universal orlando(done L.A)
any must do's and don'ts.......................

Are you staying at PBH or HR? That's the best cause it cuts down on the lines. If you are a coaster rider, definately the HULK and Dueling Dragons. Make sure you go on Spider Man. We went in September and had such fun.

staying at the HRH,
rollar coaster feak,,,,,,,,,but wife is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thinking about going to see nasa launch on 4 April, but wonder will it just cut into time in universal,,,,,,,6 days ,,,,enough time inside

After reading your post galwayman, I have to tell this story....Our last trip to WDW was on November 30th - Dec. 6th, 2000 (WL, it was wonderful!) Philadelphia to Orlando at 7:35 PM, USAirways, landing in Orlando at 10:00 PM. Right before takeoff, the pilot announced that a NASA launch was to take place at about 10 PM and if we were lucky we could see it right before landing because we would be right next to the launching pad when appoarching MCO. He said he was going to try and pace his timing so we could all get to see this lift off. As we got close, the pilot tilted the plane just as if began it's launch and it was beautiful to see from a birds eye view. Everyone on the plane was oohing and aahing. We were so close it scared me a bit, and you could see the rocket so well because the flames lit up the whole sky. You could actually feel the heat for a short time. Our boys were age 14 and 11 at the time and thought this was so cool. We got lucky because it launched on our side of the plane and everyone had to stay seated while the plane was tilted for a better view. As we left the plane, everyone was thanking the USAir pilot and shaking his hand. It was one of those once in a life time things we will never forget.

RobinLyn :)

You'll have so much fun staying at HRH. We stayed at PBH and while we liked it, we spent more time at the pool at HRH. The kids liked it better and the hours of operation were better. Since we went right after the 9/11 attack, both places were extremly slow and PBH closed the pool early and opened late, etc.....

The MAJOR advantage of staying at the HRH will be your hotel room key. Just flash it at every ride and you'll go to a separate entrance that boosts you right to the front. We rode Hulk 4 times right when we got there and it was like having our own personal rollercoaster. Awesome! My DS who was 8 had to wear his sisters platform sandals so that he'd be tall enough for the ride. Luckily they have the same size feet. lol

We only had two days to enjoy US and IofA so we were definately rushed and it is all a blur. The water rides were so much fun. A must do also.

We didn't go to NASA, it wasn't on our itinerary, but a friend of mine said she wouldn't miss it for anything. It would be well worth the trip. Have fun. Wish I were going along. We have snow today. Wendy

jstmee,
sounds great..........hmmmmmmmm only 13 days to go, with the opportunity to have such a go at the rollarcoasters when have to lose the better half for a while.
as is per usual in the west of Ireland it is raining.........well nothing new in that
thanks all for the replys
will definately do the NASA trip on the 4 th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter