18 mo. old in Disney???

hazelnut

Earning My Ears
My DH and I are thinking about heading down to Disney in July with our then to be 18 mo. old DD. My parents are also thinking about going. We are all experienced Disneygoers, but my parents keep questioning if my DD is old enough to go. What does everyone think of an 18 mo. old - is there enough for us to do as a family. I realize that we will not be on the run like when it was just the two of us, but ...

Thanks for your thoughts...

YES!!! GO!!! You will have a great time :-) It will be a very different time to when you just go on your own, but you will still have a wonderful time. Just take things slow, and see the world through your daughters eyes. Rides like It's a Small World will suddenly have a place in the world :) My dd just loves this ride- I could never see the point of it, till I rode with her. The light in her eyes as she oohed and aahed at all the pretty dolls and the lovely colours.

Bev

Please go! We didn't take our son until he was 4 and we live in FL(shame on us). Now I don't have ANY pictures with my baby and Mickey!

Here are some things I would do:

Take advantage of Early Entry if your baby is an early riser.

Look on the official website for ride descriptions and make an actual list of all the things she can do in each park.

Do a character meal, if you think she can sit for that long- if not visit toontown early.

I yuo do EE, you shoudl taek an arly brea (at lunchtime) to get in some time at the pool and then let her nap or play in the room through the rain (remember it does every afternoon around 2-4). She will probably still be on two naps a day.

In the evening head out again. If your parents go, maybe the adults can take turns with her a couple of nights, so each couple gets a night out.

Well I don't have any experience with this but we are planning on taking our DS with us for the first time in November and he will also be 18 mo. old. I am nervous but from reading posts here and trying to think about how this could work I think we will end up having a good time. DH and I have been 4 times in the past 4 years so we have seen a lot and we can go at a much slower pace for DS and still feel like we are not missing anything.

Go! I think when they are really young it is so fun. Everything is so amazing to them. The characters are so real... Very precious time to go. Plus, I think they are rather easy when they will still sit in the stroller. LOL ;) Have fun...

My DD was 18 mos. old the first time we took her. Friends scoffed at us until they saw our pictures. She was enchanted. I am not sure we rode any rides that day, that was not the point! She thought she had woken up and gone to kiddie heaven for the day! While it is true that your child will not remember the trip, you will for the rest of your life, and that's all the reason I needed to go.

On a side note, bc my folks live in FL, we've been to the World many times, 6 or 7, and done the cruise. Cinderella has always been DD's favorite, and I now have pictures of her with Cinderella from the time she was 18 mos. to last November on the cruise when she was 8 1/2. Now that's special....

Have fun.

Go!!! My DD was 20mos 1st time we went with Grandma and grandpa then too. she enjoyed it so much.. We took her to a local amusement park a month before 1st to get her used to the crowds noise and strolling around..... She was better than my Ds (who was 5 at the time. )Now they're 5 & 8 ready for their 3rd trip and are both Disney addicts...LoL:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We took our DD for the first time when she was 9mo. She is 5yo now and been back 4 more times since. We had the best time when she was 9mo. The characters loved her and we have so many pictures with her and them. Those are the best memories. She loves to look at the pictures from that trip. She was amazed at that age by the simplest things. She made us see the world in a whole new way. Her eaction to the sights and sounds of some of the attractions was priceless. She loved the Lion King show at AK and we have great video of one of the performers who came over to her and held her hand while singing. She was all weide eyed and mouth open!! It was so cute. We did have MIL with us so she helped out and gave us a night out to ourselves. On that trip we did stay in a villa with a kitchen and that helped alot b/c she was on formula. Do bring your own stroller. There is plenty to do with an 18mo. We did all but the thrill rides with a 9mo!! Of course she is old enough to go!! You'll be suprised at what she will remember. The point is to enjoy seeind Disney through the eyes of a child. Your memories will be priceless and I'm sure you will be taking her on mor trips to the world in the future! Go and happy planning:D

YES GO!!! :bounce:
You will have a wonderful time!!! We 1st took DS at 14 momths old then again at 24 months. We had such a wonderful time with him!!!!!!! (I can't use enough exclamation points to stress this). We have great pictures and memories and DS "talks" (he's only 26 months now) about the last trip quite often.

There was SO MUCH stuff to do with him and the look on DS's face the 1st time he saw the Spectro Magic Parade at MK can still bring tears to my eyes...oh it was so wonderful.

Go! You will never regret it!

We took DD#1 when she was 18 months and she had a fantastic time. She was young enough to still be able to nap anywhere/anytime she needed to but had not become "fearful" on the rides either. We did make sure she had some time where she set the pace and led us to what interested her. Those times made for the best pictures as she chased birds around World Showcase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter