• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1900 Park Faire dinner 8/13/06

shondad

Lovin' that place called DISNEYWORLD!!!
Our first impressions of the Grand Floridian, grand, very nice. We accessed it from the monorail, and did not see a lot of it, but what we did see was nice.

The restaurant was bright (the lighting) and lively, lots of people and activity.

The kid's buffet was a little low to the ground, perfect for the little people to help themselveswithout needing help or having to tip toe. There was mac and cheese, cheese pizza, chicken tenders, french fries, steamed broccoli florets, corn, and I think mashed potatoes.

The items on the other part of the buffet included mussels, some sort of salmon dish, tri-color pasta, chorizo stuffed pork loin, mediterreanen pasta, pasta with asparagus and shrimp, squash medley, italian sausage with peppers, turkey, prime rib, cream of mushroom soup, strawberry soup (which DH and I thought was good), melons, broccoli, caesar, spring and pasta salads, bread pudding, brownies, tarts, and cookies. Pretty much the same as stated on allearsnet.com.

Our server was nice and scored about a 7/10 for service. Fairy Godmother was in the lobby, she was very nice, as were all of the characters. It took a while for Prince Charming and Cinderella to make it to our table, but that was ok. Suzy and Perla, came around two or three times and my son enjoyed them both. He would see one and then say, "I want that blue one mama" or "I want that purple one". Boy was that cute to me. Personally, I was not very impressed with this restaurant. There was a lot of food listed above, but it just did not seem like much of it appealed to me, I thought it would, however others did seem to enjoy.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for your report. I was debating whether I should do this or Garden Grill and I've decided to stay with Garden Grill. You've helped me keep my decision.

We ate here on a recent trip as well - while we all enjoyed ourselves I didn't think the food was anything to write home about - we enjoyed the buffet at the crystal palace much more.

mickeysgirl17 said:
Thanks for your report. I was debating whether I should do this or Garden Grill and I've decided to stay with Garden Grill. You've helped me keep my decision.
I'm glad I could be of some help, and I hope you enjoy the Garden Grill.:goodvibes

Thanks for your review. We are looking forward to our first vist to 1900 Park Fair in December.

To: HayGan and Ellielovesdisney

Best Wishes for a great meal and a great trip! pixiedust:

Thanks for the review. We're planning on doing this on our next trip. :goodvibes

We have ADR's at 1900 Park Fare for the 22nd of September. This will be our last "hoorah" meal of our 8 day trip.

You scored the server 7/10, would you mind me asking what you would score the food?

I've been toying with changing our ressie's (if even possible at this time, I booked all of ours back in June) and am on the fence.

Thanks,
Faith

lilpooter said:
We have ADR's at 1900 Park Fare for the 22nd of September. This will be our last "hoorah" meal of our 8 day trip.

You scored the server 7/10, would you mind me asking what you would score the food?

I've been toying with changing our ressie's (if even possible at this time, I booked all of ours back in June) and am on the fence.

Thanks,
Faith
Well...
I think I'd give the food 6/10, I've had so much better buffet meals at a much lower price for greater value. While I don't think it was poorly prepared, I simply did not take a liken to it here.

Of course I don't know if you've tried it, are intending to, or, are interested in trying BOMA, but I would hands down recommend it, certainly over PF. There was more variety and better seasoned foods there. Regardless to where you choose to dine, (and I hope you enjoy your choice), HAVE A MAGICAL VACATION!

FYI: This may be the place for you if the characters they offer are the ones you want to see, then it would be worth the money and the time. :confused3

Thanks so much for the help. We are going to Boma's on our first night and I can't wait to try it.

I'm really thinking of changing the 1900 Park Fare, but may run into a problem trying to find any openings to switch with.

We aren't really going any place to see the "face characters" so thought it may be fun for the kids to meet with those particular characters. That may make it worth the trip if I'm not able to switch.

Thanks again for your help.

Faith

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter