1900 Park Fare vs. Cinderella's

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
I'm posting this on the Family Board as I'm most interested in how little girls feel about this choice.

I have scheduled a PS for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare on a day that we are also considering trying for a Cinderella's PS. We have done Cinderella's several times and, of course, 7 yo DD loves it. I would need to call next week to try for the PS at Cinderella's.

Since Park Fare is a resort restaurant, I have that PS booked already. It sounds pretty nice to me -- Mary Poppins, Snow White, etc. I'm considering not bothering to even try for Cinderella's is 1900 Park Fare is a nice character breakfast.

Those of you who have done 1900 Park Fare, what can you tell me? I'm especially interested in any head to head comparisons of the two breakfasts.

Thanks!

PS - because of our short trip and other obligations, doing both isn't really an option.

I can't give you a head to head, as we haven't done Cindy's, but we did 1900 twice on our last trip. It was a great breakfast, and our DD was thrilled with the characters. One tip- call ahead of time if a particular character is important to your kids. They change sometimes. We had told DD for months that she would be having breakfast with Mary Poppins, and when we arrived we found out she wasn't there. Still had a great time, and we called the next day to see if she was there. She was, so back we went.

Thanks for the great tip. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Did you call the restaurant itself or Disney Dining? Who was at your breakfasts?

I called the restaurant directly. The first day, they had Pinocchio, Gepetto, Alice, the Mad Hatter and, I believe, Sleeping Beauty. The second day was the same, except Mary Poppins was there instead of S.B.

This past August we did Cinderella's Castle once and 1900 Park Fare once.

Both are very nice, but different. 1900 is a buffet. Very nicely done with a wide choice of items (even a rice krispy treat station!?! IS that a food group?). Mary Poppins is the greeter, a la the Fairy Godmother at the Castle. Alice, the Mad Hatter, Gepetto and Pinocchio were inside for our breakfast.

One side benefit of 1900 is the opportunity to do other activities at the GF. For example, we did the breakfast and then later on that day our daughter did the Pirate Treasure Hunt. While she hunted for treasure, we browsed the hotel shops. There are also Tea Party days and Cooking class events at GF.

That's what we did (the first time) as well. Took her right from breakfast to the Pirate Cruise, then we ran over to MK to do a little bit of browsing in the Main Street shops.

about 2 years ago, and quite honestly I was not impressed at all. The character interaction was not good and the food was bland. Alice, Mary Poppins and Dopey were inside, and The Mad Hatter was the greeter. At that time, Mary Poppins was my DD and DS favorite movie!! But the CM that was Mary was just not personable at all. She seemed as though she wanted to be anywhere in the world except there. On the other hand, this past July we did Chef Mickey's and the character interaction was GREAT. I mean, really, isn't that what we are all paying for?? LOL I am trying now to get PS for our upcoming trip in October, because I have heard the character ineraction is great there as well.

I'm sure experiences vary from day to day and person to person, but our experience was very different from the last poster. I thought the food was great, and I usually hate buffets. Also, MP was very kind to our daughter and Alice, in particular, spent alot of time with her on both days.

We did both on our trip last year and enjoyed both very much. If I could only do one though, I would probably choose Cindy's. Mostly because all the princesses are there and because eating in the castle is just *magical*.

However, if you really want to try something new, 1900 Park Fair is veru good. The buffet was great and the atmosphere is nice too. The characters when we went were Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Snow White and Dopey. Mad Hatter was in the lobby and he was great, as was Snow White (in the dining room). (The rest were just okay.) Sounds like they've changed some though and I don't know if my daughter would be as interested in Pinnochio & Geppetto.

Let us know what you decide. Hope you have a great trip!

We did both in june. In comparing the two I would say that the food at 1900 is much better (more choices) but that the character interaction at Cindy's was better. When we were at 1900 the Red Queen was the greeter and Alice, Mad Hatter, Pinochio, Gepetto and Mary Poppins were there. At Cindys Peter Pan, Alladin, Cinderella, Snow White and Belle were upstairs and Sleeping Beuty was the greeter downstairs. With the same number of sharacters in both places, it seems to me (don't know for sure)that 1900 is a larger restraunt and the characters were not able to spend much time with kids because they had to keep moving to reach everyone in an reasonable amount of time.

Well you guys, I'm going to try to do both now! I'll move a couple of things around to fit Cinderella's in. It will drive my sister crazy, but will make me and DD happy. Here's hoping I luck out with the PS call.

Question to ABC Mom: Who are you quoting? I had not seen that before and was just wondering? Thanks!

We did both breakfasts 4 weeks ago. The food at 1900 is much better (althoughCindy's is worth it for the atmosphere and plethora of princesses!!!) We had a PS at 1900 at 7:30am, so it was not at all crowded. Gepetto and Pinocchio visited us twice. Alice and the Mad Hatter remembered my daughter from the Tea Party 2 days earlier. We really loved the breakfast and will do it again.

Sandi - I came across this quote elsewhere on the net. I believe it was part of a press release issued by Disney after the events of 9/11. It was not atributed to any one person, just the company in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter