$197 pool view for 4 adults...Is this a good rate?

BC

DIS Veteran
I called to book our room for May 31-June 6 and was told the Entertainment rate was not available for that timeframe. When I ask what was the best deal, I was told about the room and ticket special going on. She said a poolview room for 4 adults including 2 adult tickets for our length of stay, would be $237 a night. When I multiply that by 5 nights, that's $1185. If I subtract the $200 that the 2 tickets would have cost us, that comes to $985 divided by 5 equals $197 per night for the room. Hope this isn't too confusing, but wanted to explain how I came to this room amount. Since there is no Entertainment rate available, it this a decent deal? I have called twice and was told it was a "killer rate".

Hi BC,
That's not a bad deal really, considering those dates are beginning of Orlando's "hot" season.
Is it HRH or PBH pool-view?
We took a one nite in May '01 at PBH in a garden-view for $189 (booked thru hotel directly, the day before going), just for the Express perk. Definitely needed it too, as crowds were thickening!
Hope it all works out well for you! You'll love on-site!!
Jim

Did you try to break down your dates of stay? Sometimes the entertainment rate is only available for two consecutive nights, then it goes back down to a regular or promotional rate for two nights, then the entertainment rate might come up again (you get my drift). When you try to book for the full amount of time it's looking for the entertainment rate for the whole time so chances are, yeah, that great rate won't be available. I broke my four-night stay into two-night increments and got entertainment rates for two nights and a discounted promotional rate for the other two. I had to call HRH about four times before the final reservationist suggested this process to me.

Our reservation is at the Hard Rock. Just wondered if I were to keep calling to see if the Entertainment rate is available, would they change it for me or just say no since I am already booked. I think this deal is for at least a 3 night stay. Even so, maybe I could get 2 of my 5 nights at the entertainment rate if it were available. Also, on the hotel web page, it shows the first week of June as the value season. Your post states it is the "hot" season for Orlando. Will the first week in June be a bad choice?

Board shows 2 responses to this and there are 3...I'm trying to bump it up...

You'll be fine 1st week June. Better than 1st week July! (Hollyday ya know)
After all your subtractions & square roots & lowest common denominators, etc.... ya got a good deal, so go with it! Can't no one get in yer way now. Enjoy your Express perks immensely
Jim

BC,
Did you call Universal direct or did you call Loews?When I called Universal,I was told that there was NO Entertainment Book rate for the days I wanted,but when I called Loews directly,I was given a great Entertainment Book rate.You might want to check both.

I had heard not to call the 1800 uescape number, so I decided to go right to the horse's mouth and called the hotel direct. I wonder if I keep checking, since I already have a ressie, will they catch on to me or be honest???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter