1st stay at GFV

elijahpep

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
Just got home from our 1st stay at GFV. Resort is very nice, elegant is probably the best word to describe. We don't usually stay at a monorail resort, so this made it different. Loved the resort, but it's just not for us. We really missed being close to Epcot and DHS, which the BC and BW do. As I said, it was a lovely resort, and I can definitely see why people love it!

Other things of note; it was definitely HOT!, but we of course expected that. If not the heat, the thunderstorms were quite violent at times. And of course it was crowded, but then again, that was also expected.

Can't really complain about anything, as I was at Disney, and that is enough for me!

By the way, rode the Skyliner for the first time and truly enjoyed it, taking it from Epcot to Riviera, then to DHS.

Hope everyone else had a great 4th of July week!

Glad you enjoyed your VGF stay. Maybe a good choice for a single night SAP in future?

Otherwise, we'll gladly take your share of VGF bookings for the reasons you mentioned.

No love lost on the Skyliner for us as we both dislike heights.

One person's passion is another's poison. ;)

We have always loved VGF, haven't been since before covid. We have used our VGF points at Riviera instead, going back to the villas in September. We ended up buying at Riviera because we love it and wanted to have a resort more convenient to Epcot and HS. We'll see if in the future our VGF points start to become SAP if the 1 BRs become difficult to book. VGF is an awesome resort, we love the pools, especially the villa pool with the water slide. We love the restaurants and all the amenities of the resort; we miss the GF Orchestra and hope that they will bring them back. I think BPK looks really nice, but we bought there for the villas.

We just finished our first stay at GFV as well. As a negative, the monorail to Epcot is a myth. It takes way longer than the bus. However, the 1 bedroom was the nicest DVC room I’ve experienced and that includes a comparison with Grand Californian and Aulani which I was at the week before. I’ll also say the tomato soup at gasperilla rival’s jolly holiday at Disneyland

We just finished our first stay at GFV as well. As a negative, the monorail to Epcot is a myth. It takes way longer than the bus. However, the 1 bedroom was the nicest DVC room I’ve experienced and that includes a comparison with Grand Californian and Aulani which I was at the week before. I’ll also say the tomato soup at gasperilla rival’s jolly holiday at Disneyland
We actually like walking over from the Villa's to the TTC for the monorail to Epcot. We stop at Captain Cooks for a light lunch, then off to the TTC. Used to go through security twice, but now it's just one time at TTC. Probably is longer than the bus, but ever since joining DVC, we have really slowed down and I enjoy riding into Epcot on the monorail.

Thanks for the report. We have stayed at GFV on a couple of trips now and always enjoy our stay.

Thanks for your report. We usually stay at BWV for the proximity to Epcot and HS but are staying at GFV for the first time in March and can't wait to try it

So you both agreed that "it's not for us"? To me, although I really enjoyed it, I know that for DH, it's definitely not for him-too formal. Since it's for me, but not for him, I'll look forward to going back on another solo trip.

We actually like walking over from the Villa's to the TTC for the monorail to Epcot. We stop at Captain Cooks for a light lunch, then off to the TTC. Used to go through security twice, but now it's just one time at TTC. Probably is longer than the bus, but ever since joining DVC, we have really slowed down and I enjoy riding into Epcot on the monorail.
love this idea!!!

So you both agreed that "it's not for us"? To me, although I really enjoyed it, I know that for DH, it's definitely not for him-too formal. Since it's for me, but not for him, I'll look forward to going back on another solo trip.
Yes, we both agreed.

It may be a strange reason, but we like a short stay at VGF mostly because we ride our ECV’s to Poly for breakfast at Kona. We like the Studios at GF better than the studios at Poly, plus I do like the Easter and Christmas displays at the GF lobby. So, 1-2 night VGF stays are something I try for, twice a year.

Now that they are building Poly Tower, is that path connecting Poly and GF still opened?

It may be a strange reason, but we like a short stay at VGF mostly because we ride our ECV’s to Poly for breakfast at Kona. We like the Studios at GF better than the studios at Poly, plus I do like the Easter and Christmas displays at the GF lobby. So, 1-2 night VGF stays are something I try for, twice a year.

Now that they are building Poly Tower, is that path connecting Poly and GF still opened?
Was open when we were there 8/14-8/17!

We are back at the Beautiful VGF for the first time since before covid. Staying in a 1br, most everything is top notch as usual. 2 restaurants are still closed and not expecting the GF Orchestra to return any time soon, sad. Walkway to Poly still open. Movies not on the lawn anymore, moved closer to the courtyard between BPK and Villas. Kind of liked them on the lawn, but it's been raining a lot so maybe that's part of the reason. The lack of FastPass has altered our park strategy once again. If you want to enjoy the attractions without a huge line, take advantage of early hours or buy Genie Plus. The family enjoyed a late night 11-1a.m. at MK. Almost all walk ons, too late for me though. We started for 1 day at BCV just to try it out. Location is awesome and the resort is really nice. Next big trip is Riviera, 7 nights in a 1 br SV. Next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter