1st time HRH

ls1222

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at HRH for 2 nights at the end of this month. We have 3 children (9,6,4). Having been to Disney twice before but never Universal, I just don't know what to expect. Is there a section/floor that we should request? Will the kids like the HRH? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,
I'm not sure what section you should ask for, you may want to ask for a room with the white duvet covers instead of the green bedspreads. Sounds weird, but there is a huge difference. Also, you could ask for a room near the elevator, because sometimes there can be a mighty long walk if you get stuck far away.

As for your kids liking it, Yes, they will! We went in August with our 8 year old and 5 year old. They absolutely adored the pool and the atmosphere of the hotel. It is a really fun place. We are Disney people too, and this was our first trip to Universal. We loved it so much we are going back in Nov. without the kids. And no. we haven't dared to tell them yet! LOL

The only advice I would give you is to ask, beg and plead for a room CLOSE to the elevator. After a full day at the parks, you don't want to have to drag and carry tired kids to a room that can be quite a far walk from the elevators.

The room looks so elegant with them from pictures I saw....

It dont matter because you will have a great time at the HRH and having front line passes.
tiggerguy2000

Hi,

Just back from our first visit to HRH following a few years on-site at Disney.

Our DDs loved it (10 & 8) - although some of the theming was lost on them.

We always ask for a quiet room and we ended up on the 6th floor towards the end of the corridor.

We are light sleepers and it suited us as there no one was above us, didn't overlook the pool (can be noisy - dive-in movie etc), away from elevators and ice room - too much noise from the ice machine clatter and kids running up and down the corridors early morning and late at night.

Sure, it's a few more yards to get to and from your room but think how much mileage you cover in the parks anyway!

FOTL access was brilliant - worth the cost of the stay in it's own right.

Oh - and pool hopping was good fun too across all 3 hotels.

I agree with you BONZO. I like to be at the end of the hall AWAY from the elevator so no one is runnning back and forth by my room all night.

Thanks for all your replies!! I feel very overwhelmed with all the info I have been reading.

Stick around. You can get lots of information here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter