• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st Time Using ADRs and Dining Plan

TheGreg1982

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,

I've been to Disney quite a few times in my life, but I've always stuck with the quick service restaurants. (I'm cheap lol ) However yesterday my grandmother gave my brother and myself a trip to Disney for his graduation. (May 25th-30th) which includes the deluxe dining plan. When it comes to table service the only thing I know is to stay away from Tony's Town Square Restaurant. So I was hoping those with more experience can let me know if the restaurants I have chosen are decent.

Thanks a lot!

Day 1 (Epcot)
Chip 'n' Dale's Harvest Feast Breakfast at the Garden Grill (Immediately after our Soarin Fast Pass)
Nine Dragons Restaurant Lunch
Le Cellier Steakhouse Dinner

Day 2 (Animal Kingdon/Hollywood Studios)
Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom Breakfast
Lunch ??? (Hopefully Pandora? Nothing scheduled here yet)
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano Dinner

Day 3 (Magic Kingdom)
Breakfast ??? (Art of Animation I guess because nothing in MK with open reservations)
The Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen Lunch
Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner

Day 4 (Magic Kingdom/Epcot)
Be Our Guest Breakfast - QSR
A Buffet with Character Lunch at The Crystal Palace
Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria Dinner (Just after Frozen Ever After FastPass Yay!)

I'm in plenty of time to cancel any of these if they are horrible choices. I appreciate the feedback!

None of your choices are bad! Out of them all, I like your choices for day 3 the best! & Just for day 2, I recommend Tusker House at AK for lunch. It is a buffet and is a great place for character dining.

I'm really trying to avoid quick service this time. (I love them don't get me wrong, but I want this to be a nicer trip for my little brother since he is graduating and getting a full scholarship to a good school.)

I just booked lunch for tuskar house on day 2.

Rainforest is only there because it's the only thing showing at AK for breakfast.

Tusker House at the AK has a really nice buffet breakfast. You could check and see if you can get an ADR there. I too, wouldn't do Rainforest Café.
Also do you realize that Le Cellier is 2 TS credits?

Tusker house would be better for breakfast than lunch as it is a buffet

If you are looking for something upscale I would look at the resort restaurants like jiko or Sanaa or trader sams for drinks or ohana

If there is somewhere you want to go keep checking the app or website as time open up closer to your trip

Also the rose and crown is really good in Epcot

Tusker House at the AK has a really nice buffet breakfast. You could check and see if you can get an ADR there. I too, wouldn't do Rainforest Café.
Also do you realize that Le Cellier is 2 TS credits?

Yes I know it is two table service credits, but I think we'll have enough. If not I can just pay for breakfast at the hotel one day to save an extra credit. I've always wanted to eat there :)

Neither of us are huge breakfast eaters so Tusker house for breakfast might be a bit of a waste.

What about Tusker House for breakfast and Yak & Yeti for lunch on Day 2?

On Day 3, you can look at one of the monorail resorts for breakfast. Ohana is one of our favourite character breakfasts. 1900FP is also fun. If you don't want characters than Kona Cafe is great too.

What about Tusker House for breakfast and Yak & Yeti for lunch on Day 2?.

I'll look into yak and yeti.

While in the subject of the dining plan, do the restaurants restrict your menu choices? For instance le cellier has a $100 steak for two on their menu (not getting it, just an example). So would they say it's off limits due to price?

I'll look into yak and yeti.

While in the subject of the dining plan, do the restaurants restrict your menu choices? For instance le cellier has a $100 steak for two on their menu (not getting it, just an example). So would they say it's off limits due to price?

Some restaurants have a separate section on the menu for signature dishes. It will be noted on these items if they require 2 TS credits.
Maya Grill menu is an example: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/coronado-springs-resort/maya-grill/menus/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter