1st Time with Disney Dining Plan...Help

shellgirl

Earning My Ears
We are doing the dining plan with 5 nights for our trip to Disney. I have made 3 out the 5 nights reservations. What do you think of the places I have chosen? Chef Mickeys dinner, O'Hanas, Hoop De doo Revue(2 TS). Considering Capn Jacks for lobster tails one night? What do you think? Do we need reservations for this place? We need to pick a cheaper dinner one night or nice CS to pay out of pocket. ANy suggestions? I have many questions regarding CS meals and snacks. We have two kids on the DP Boys 8 & 4. I know they have to order kids meals for CS and mostly have chosen TS that have buffets or offer more for the kids than chick. nuggets/mac n cheese/sandwich at least I hope. Help if you have suggestion for good CS meals that adults will enjoy as well as kids? Are there and CS places that don't have kids menus that let them order other items? Where and what snacks can we get with our Snack credits. Just soda, ice cream bars, popcorn or can we get some really good snacks somewhere on our snack credits? Help???????????? :wave2:

Check on the top of the restaurant board as there is a separte thread for the Disney Dining Plan. If you can't find your answer you may want to post your questions there ;)

Are you going to Animal Kingdom? I'd eat a CS there for bigger meal. We ate at Tusker House for lunch and we thougth it was a great lunch, we'd be happy w/ it being a dinner if we had to. The rotisserie chicken was great.

The snacks we got were usually popcorn, water, or an ice cream treat. We didn't eat all the snacks, we were too full from our meal plan!

For the counter service, I agree that at the Animal Kingdom, Tuskers has a wonderful counter service. The chicken and the salmon are good.

If you're at EPCOT, we found we liked the counter services at Sunshine Seasons and at Kringla Bakeri Og in Norway. These are both very satisfying meals. At Sunshine Seasons, there are regular hot meals and at Norway, it's large open faced sandwiches (but they are big and the desserts are great and some of the desserts are huge).

If you're at the Magic Kingdom, for counter service, we liked both Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bills. We love Pecos Bills fixin's bar and Columbia Harbor had great food also. I usually get the 1/2 Sandwich and Soup combo. My DH likes the Captain's special which is Fried Fish and Chicken with fries or carrots.

If you're at MGM, we like what is now on the dining plan (didn't use to be), Starring Rolls. They have good food and great desserts. My DH likes their Tenderloin Sandwich. We also like Flatbread Grill which used to be Studio Catering Co.

If you are Downtown Disney, we'd go to Earl of Sandwich. The sandwiches (more like grinders (subs) are good. They have hot and cold sandwiches and salads etc. I haven't been to Cooke's of Dublin but I've been reading posts (here and other sites) that say the food is great there. I think we're going to try it out ourselves when we go on our next trip.

Well, here are my opinions and hope you have a great time on your trip.

As far as the snack...the snack carts all have a notation next to the items that you are allowed to use the snack credits for

Thought I'd put in my opinions on your other questions also....

Never been to Capt. Jacks but heard it's pretty good. Yes. You should get reservations for all your TS choices.

As far as snacks, you can go to the outdoor carts and get a Frozen Novelty Bar or Fruit bar or bottle of water, soda. At stands, you can get 12oz. coffee or hot chocolate, or tea. At the popcorn stands, you can get a single serve box of popcorn. At the fruit stands you can get one piece of fruit. At the CS areas, and resort stores, you can get coffee, tea, Med. fountain drinks, a Grab-n-Go bag of Chips.

There are a whole listing of places considered snack stops....depending on where you're staying.....

All the Values have food courts and sometimes we'd pick up chips to munch on in the parks from the food court when we stayed there.
Also, examples are...
Mara at AK
Boardwalk Bakery at BW
Port Royale at Caribbean Resort
Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney
Casy's Corner at MK
Most CS places you can stop and get a snack

Also, if you have ???? I found they are most helpful AND when you are ordering your CS meal, I found they help you to be sure you get everything you're entitled to. Your CS meal is an entree, dessert and beverage and if you don't feel like a dessert and don't order it, they will remind you that you can order the dessert. They are good like that.

When you check in, they should give you a dining brochure. If they don't, I'd say Ask For It!!! It helps with your CS choices as well as snacks.

If you go onto the official Disney site... www.disneyworld.com and go into the dining area, you can look at the dining brochure there.

I suggest doing the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs for dinner one night using CS credits and buying a lunch OOP instead for the day you have no TS available. We found Pepper Market had food that was more like TS even though you had to go order and wait for it. We also thought the food was very good and great in quantity.

I was curious about if we could get baked goods at some of the bakeries or ice cream from ice cream shops as snacks or just the stuff from the carts. Does anyone know if you can just get a brownie, pastry or ice cream cone or anything other than the normal popcorn, bag of chips,soda,frozen ice cream bar, etc? :sunny:

I've seen rumors on here of people being able to get other things for snacks...like Rice Krispie Treats...especially if they got their snacks at a food court or somewhere similar. We just stuck with the snacks listed on the plan so I actually didn't try to get anything else. I think we used almost all our snack credits on drinks last year...We were on the dining plan and found the amount of food that they give you filled us. Plus we always bring little snacks with us so we don't need to buy them. So cold drinks were always my "snack" choices!!!

PS For those Dole Whip lovers...they are NOT included!

A couple of friends of mine just came back from Disney, they ate at Cap n Jacks on the DP, they wanted lobster but were told they woulf have to pay extra for it bacause it is not covered, nor is the surf and turf special. You might want to try Flame Tree BBQ in AK for a CS meal it is really good, and filling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter