1st Timer Needs Assistance!

LuLu02

Earning My Ears
Hi. My family and I are planning a trip to Orlando around mid-August of 2002. We have 2 adults and 3 kids (ages 12,9,and 7 at time of trip). We plan to stay a week. :D

Since this is my first time planning a trip, I need as much assistance as possible . :confused:

1.)We want to stay as close to WDW as possible, possibly on-site. What do you suggest for the best price as well as for as much room as possible?
2.)We're also planning on going to Universal on the last couple of days. Again, what do you all suggest I should do?
3.)Is staying at a villa/house/condo necessarily the best answer price-wise?
4.)I'm also thinking about renting a car for about a couple of days towards the end of the trip, but I'm would still be over 21 but under 25. I understand that most companies charge an underage driving fee. What would be the best option for me?

Now again the main factors for me are finding the place for me and my family at the best price and close to WDW as much as possible.

Also if possible, please give me some tips on the best airfares, if possible. We plan to leave from Boston.

Thank you. :bounce:

HI, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Family Suites,it is 1 mile from the Epcot Rd. gates to WDW on state road 536,it was the BEST place we stayed in Fl. when we went to WDW!! [I wished we had stayed there The whole time instead of moving to All Stars which was a real let down.]

The FREE Breakfast is wonderful!! Especially if you sit out on the enclosed porch!!

The KID SUITE we stayed in could have slept 7 with no crowding!! the Master bedroom had a Door, a king bed,25"tv,comupter port,telephone,and ceiling fan[plus AC]
KidSuite had 2 bunkbeds and a trundle bed[we had a crib in the livingroom]plus 25"tv,nintendo 64[games are $5.00 per 24hrs.]a CD player, and a bed time story phone,and a table and chairs,
The livingroom had a sofa bed[i think it's a queen]and a 25"tv,a large safe you program.
The kitchen has a micowave and refigerator and sink and lots of cupboard space.
the Bathroom is very large w/3 storage shelves,a hairdryer sink and a shower/bathtub.

Check out their 2 great pools and they have a FREE Shuttle to WDW

Ask for a WDW themed room!!!

Here are two links
http://www.hifamilysuites.com/index.html?

http://www.basshotels.com/holiday-inn?_template=res.html&_innCode=DISFS

WE LOVED THE HOTEL AND WILL RETURN THERE AGAIN!!!:) :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Why not try renting a house. We rented from floridadreamhomes.com last year and loved it. Plenty of room and very close to WDW. The price was fantastic! I would do it again without hesitation!

I would book your airfare right now! Out of Boston, there are some airlines (USAir, United, maybe Delta) that are running round trip specials to Orlando for about $100! I think the time frame is somewhere around mid-August to end of September so hopefully your dates will coincide. They also need to be booked I think in the next couple of days. Maybe someone else here has some more specifics, but I just wanted to give you the "heads up" on these great airfare prices... Try travelocity.com and expedia.com and also each airline directly.

Kimberly

Yes, staying in a house/villa/condo is the best strategy price wise, not to mention space wise, not to mention comfort wise. We stayed in Tropical Palms for $79/night - two bedrooms, kids sleeping loft, full kitchen, deck, table with 4 chairs. Very enjoyable. We also stayed at PO-Riverside (onsite) which is a Disney hotel with mid sized hotel rooms. Way too squishy for us and 2 little kids (age 4 and 7). Wouldn't recommend a Disney moderate for your group.

Your particular problem, however, is the lack of a vehicle. Tropical Palms will not be the place for you without a car. Its only 10 minutes away - but you need the car. Before you finally select any offsite location, make sure to ask on this board for detailed info about shuttle service to and from the parks.

Although I've not yet tried it because previously I travelled with an older mom, I would bid on Priceline for a rental car. Many here have done it and can offer plenty of advice about it. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter