2 week stay: split stay or not?

Deebee_7

Mouseketeer
We'll be staying at Universal for 2 weeks at the end of July. I currently have a booking for 13 nights at Cabana bay in a family suite. (we're 2 adults and 1 teen+1child). I do really like the decor of the 2 bedroom suites at Surfside and they seem very new. I now am wondering if i should do a split stay: 1 week CB and 1 week Surfside. We will also be doing other things than Universal but not that much. We also have 2 week tickets for Volcano bay. I'm a bit worried that CB will be a bit dark in room decor and also older. I've read mixed reviews lately. Surfside gets mostly good reviews (apart from noise issues).
We will have a car for the 2nd week (not the first).
Price is as good as the same at the moment between both resorts.
Would it be worth it to move after the 1st week to Surfside?

I personally love the suites way better at Endless Summer compared to CB. We did find the suites at CB to be dark and dated. However, transportation is more convenient in our opinion at CB. We’ve walked to the parks from CB. There are several pros and cons to both places such as pool area etc.

I'm hestitant because the price is the same and Surfside is a value resort compared to CB being a moderate. Also the hassle of moving is a stumbling block. But i'm just thinking that if we don't like CB that much that we still have a way out after a week. Of course it goes the other way as well: if we love it, we'll be sad to leave.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter