2 weeks away-what to pack???

essmom

DIS Veteran
I know the basics like clothes and underwear but does anyone have any other things they usually take that I might not think of. I have ponchos and film what else???

Several different pairs of shoes, moleskin, bandaids, ibuprofin, sunscreen, discount cards (AAA, FAN, etc.), paper and pen to take notes for trip reports, calling cards.

On our next trip I'm going to take my blender and my own tequila and make my own margaritas in the room. I have a couple of sourviner HRH glasses from last trip. That will save me a little money. I can mix drinks while everyone is getting ready for the pool in the evening.

A good pair of sandals that can get wet. I like Nike Straprunners. I've heard a lot of good comments about Teva's. Also, I have a two-piece swimsuit that I wear around the parks. The bottom looks like shorts and the top is a tank top. I wear a t-shirt around the park and can take it off on water rides (I take the t-shirt off, not the whole suit lol). I like the two pieces because it's too hard to deal with a one piece in the restroom, but I do not ahve the body for a bikini. :teeth: :crazy: :teeth:

T&B

No11's Mom, LOL on the blender!!! When are you going? If it's in early April please have my margarita ready--with salt, on the rocks!

T&B

We always have bug spray so we don't get bitten by mosquitos because I hate, hate, hate bug bites! Hate them! But, I always wind up getting bit, so we take Skeeter Sticks along with us too.

We also make sure we have sunglass holder stappy thingies (does anyone know what I'm talking about?) since we're always in and out of buildings and rides, so we don't lose our sunglasses.

We have a hard case for our room keys that we wear either around our neck or attached to a belt so they're handy and we don't have to dig for them.

We also carry a travel sized hand sanitizer and gum. Lots and lots of gum because they never carry the kind Mike likes. And chapstick.

If you plan on sending in your photos to snapfish, you can also bring your snapfish film envelopes along, and when you finish a roll, you can send it in right from the hotel in their postage-paid envelopes. That way, some of your photos could be waiting for you online when you get home.

Some type of ziplock bag to put all your dry stuff (camera,maps,etc) in for the water rides--some rides have "dry keepers, but usually don't work that well). It's easy to fold up and carry in your purse when not using. Also, as someone else said, all the meds. just in case because it beats paying big bucks for 4 aspirin or cold remedy in the parks/hotel. Once, I paid $7 for a pk of 4 Imodium AD for my daughter. Also, if you have room, take an extra pair of shoes for all. If you only have one pair of sneakers and they get wet (rain or water rides) it can be very uncomfortable until they dry---and no one wants to take time out at the room until their shoes dry out! Have fun!

If you want to limit what you have to take as far as clothing pack laundry soap and fabric softner sheets. You can reduce what you need to take if you do laundry half way through your trip. I usually take enough laundry soap and fabric softner to wash midweek and to wash the day before we leave. I hate taking home dirty clothes. It makes me happy to simply put them away when we get home than to do suitcases full of dirty laundry.

Since I am an early riser I do laundry first thing in the morning while the kids are still sleeping. By the time the laundry is done the kids are just getting up to take their shower and eat breakfast before going to the park.

We always pack 2 extra bags into our suitcases. I take a fairly large empty duffle bag that scrunches down into a part of my suitcase. We stuff our dirty clothes into that each night before we go to bed. That way, the kids can unpack their own suitcase when we get home, and they don't have to sort through to see what's dirty. I can do the laundry a lot quicker when we get home.
We always take another soft-sided empty luggage bag for souvenirs and all the shampoos and soaps the kids collect.
At the end of our first 2 trips with the family, we always found ourselves at the Orlando Walmart or Target, looking for more luggage to buy, to accommodate all our things we had accumulated on the trip, before flying home. Now we just take 2 extra bags. We know we will need them. I might even take bubble packing paper next time, to keep the breakable things safe.
Have a great trip!
Pomcoach:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter