2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stitch#1 said:
I remember when we first joined the Dis! It was to get in on the SSMC05 thread. Back then when we first started my husband said he would be surprised if we got to 100 on our post count! :confused3 :rotfl:

Now look at me! Just less then a year later and I might hit 1000 posts by the end of the month! :thumbsup2

Yeah, that husband of yours who would come into chat on a Friday night to keep me & Lisa company while you were off doing whatever it was. At first, we thought it was you but it didn't take Jeff long to confess. That's when the 3 musketeers parents conspired together as to what their boundaries were going to be on the ship. ;)

Stitch#1 said:
Ok for all my scrapping friends out there!
I scanned in the pages I did from class. A couple are missing the characters names becasue they couldn't find the card stock they had with the names printed on it but I will get them when I take my next class.

Here is the link to them.
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/stacyj69/Disney Class/

Enjoy!!
AWESOME pictures, Stacy!!! I love them. I just might have to scraplift some of those!!! ADORABLE!!!

cgcw said:
Yeah, that husband of yours who would come into chat on a Friday night to keep me & Lisa company while you were off doing whatever it was. At first, we thought it was you but it didn't take Jeff long to confess. That's when the 3 musketeers parents conspired together as to what their boundaries were going to be on the ship. ;)

How could I forget that night! I left work early for a Girls Fun Day at a friends house and got home at 1am and the 3 Musketeer Moms were chatting! (well 2 moms and 1 Jeff :rotfl2: )

alikat99 said:
AWESOME pictures, Stacy!!! I love them. I just might have to scraplift some of those!!! ADORABLE!!!

After the next class I'll scan in some more pages!

Ok to answer Mary's GTKYFC question.
Jeff and I had a tradition Wedding in a church and everything!
We had about 80 people and had the reception at the Americah Legion Hall.
I'm proud to say my dress is an original! I couldn't find anything I truly loved but knew what I wanted so I designed my gown and my Mom made it! And she made my headpiece too!
Wedding3.jpg
Wedding2.jpg

Wedding.jpg

Ok, since Mary asked, and I've already given some info on my wedding, here's the rest.

I always knew that I wanted to get married around Christmas, because it's my favorite holiday. We fell in love with the Don CeSar hotel here on St. Pete Beach. Chris used to call it "the little pink castle hotel", but it's not so little. Anyway, we had a relatively small wedding with about 90 people, most family and close friends. We were married on December 19th, outside on one of the rooftops of the hotel (they have 2 covered rooftop areas) and our reception was held right inside. We got married around 4pm, because sunset was around 5:30pm, and I wanted those pictures. My colors were, of course, Christmas red and Hunter green, and I didn't have to do a lot of decorating, since the hotel was already decked out for the holidays.

Here are some pictures of Chris and I from our wedding day.

Scan005.jpg

After the ceremony on the rooftop.

Scan007.jpg

My mom calls it the Precious Moments Kiss at Sunset.

Scan006.jpg

The back side of the hotel, on the beach.

Sorry, no matter what I try to do, it keeps making that first picture HUGE. I've tried editing it in photobucket like the others, but it just won't work for me. Sorry again!!!

Nevermind, I guess it fixed itself, because when I left, that first picture was HUGE!!!

Amy, I love the Precious Moments Kiss!!

Wow, I go shopping for the day and I sure miss alot!!

Robin--I hope Ian is doing better. There's nothing worse than a sick kid. :wizard:

Amy--I got the cafepress email too, I was going to post it, but then I read your post. :lmao:

Stacy--awesome layouts!! I'm totally scraplifting them for my autograph book for october. :blush:

Wedding pics---Amy, I have to say that precious moments pic is amazing! I'll have to dig up my wedding pics and post some next.

We had a Fairy Tale Wedding at Sunset Pointe. It was truely amazing and I believe I said earlier, the only thing I would chage was to do the Wedding Portrait session at the Castle. Everyone keeps saying their wedding was small--we had 15 guests, plus us. That's small!! Our ceremony was on Sunset Pointe at the Poly and after the fake cake cutting, we all went up to Ohana for breakfast. It's the cheap way to get pics of you with the characters in your wedding attire! We spent the rest of the day exploring the AKL and shopping at DTD. Our first official purchase as husband and wife were our bride and groom ears along with the Partners statue clock. Very symbolic to both of us. At 5pm, we got our wedding clothes back on and headed over to Narcoosee's for dinner. The staff there was amazing. We had a giant table up in the corner against the windows. They decorated our table with gorgeous floral arrangement, made custom menus with our name, the date and took the prices off so our guests did see the prices. We made arrangments for our cake to be served as dessert. (Why the cake cutting was fake in the morning! ) The night ended with the fireworks while we were eating the cake.

Here's some pics:
Wedding93.jpg
Wedding84.jpg

Wedding42.jpg
Wedding57.jpg

Wedding99114.jpg

Diana,

I see you hate shoes too! ;)

Very nice wedding pictures, everyone. Mary, you started all this so I suspect you'll post yours tonight.

I already saw a honeymoon picture of Gail & John. Come on, Gail, post it for everyone. :teeth:

:sunny: I'm glad that Julia is tick-free, and doing well! :sunny:

pixiedust: Here's hoping that Ian is feeling better soon! pixiedust:

Wow, everyone's pictures are GREAT!!! Come on everyone, start posting those wedding pics, if you have them. I actually dug out our proof album, which probably had a layer or two of dust on it. :rotfl2:

Congratulations to:

-Julie on her waitlist coming through! :banana:
-Stacy for snagging the 8000th post! (Whilst I was waiting patiently for her in our IM, completely oblivious to the fact that I wasn't the sole recipient of her attention... :rolleyes1 ) :stitch:

cgcw said:
Diana,

I see you hate shoes too! ;)

You don't even know. We knew it would be hot having a June wedding but never imagined how hot it would be. We got married on June 6th. We got to pick 9, 11, 1 or 4. So I went went the coolest time--9am. Yea, ok. It was 92 degrees that morning. My makeup was melting off my face. My cute little strappy sandles were cutting the circulation off in my feet they were so swollen, I had to take them off. In fact, one of my wedding pics has my sister (then 10) unbuckling my shoes for me and you can see the indentations on my feet. Randy Chapman, our photographer, did a great job incorporating the shoes into many of the shots! :lmao: The pic of us on the bridge was actually on his website for a while.

These wedding pictures are great! I'm really enjoying looking at all of them - I can't wait to see the next person's! :love:

I'd be more than happy to tell you about our wedding, but I don't know how to post pictures... Help, anyone? :confused3

Diana Lyn said:
You don't even know. We knew it would be hot having a June wedding but never imagined how hot it would be. We got married on June 6th. We got to pick 9, 11, 1 or 4. So I went went the coolest time--9am. Yea, ok. It was 92 degrees that morning. My makeup was melting off my face. My cute little strappy sandles were cutting the circulation off in my feet they were so swollen, I had to take them off. In fact, one of my wedding pics has my sister (then 10) unbuckling my shoes for me and you can see the indentations on my feet. Randy Chapman, our photographer, did a great job incorporating the shoes into many of the shots! :lmao: The pic of us on the bridge was actually on his website for a while.
OMG, here we go again!! :rotfl2: I didn't have my shoes on for my wedding, except for the actual ceremony. They were KILLING my feet, so when we went down for pictures on the beach, I took them off, happily!!! Thankfully, I had a nice, long dress to hide my feet. Then, I hid them under the table that Chris and I were sitting at for the reception.

Oh, and Stacy, my mom made my dress too. I had her duplicate another dress that I had seen. The only problem was that the entire bodice of the dress had hand-sewn pearls, and my mom refused to do that part. So, guess who sewed on 3000 tiny pearls?!?!?! Yep, ME!!! She handed me all the pattern pieces that needed to be beaded and then she put it all together when I was done.

Gary & I got married June 4th. It was a beautiful day here in Chicago. Sunny and perfect temperature. I wore my shoes, though, because our photographer walked us out to this green pond that the geese visited frequently. There was no way I was walking through that grass without my shoes on. :eek:

I have the greenest grass in my backyard even in the dead of summer. I love the feel of grass on my feet but if it's not watered, it turns to hay and feels terrible. So, between the sprinkler, hose, buckets and pool, we have nice soft, green grass to walk through.

I don't go barefoot as much as I did. Going through a heel spur cured me of that. It flaired up during the summertime and I was the only fool on the beach in Hilton Head with my gym shoes on. Imagine that sight -- a beach full of people barefoot and in sandels. Everytime I was on the beach, I was wearing my gym shoes - socks and all. Talk about looking ridiculous. :rotfl:

4Gus-Gus&Figaro said:
These wedding pictures are great! I'm really enjoying looking at all of them - I can't wait to the next person's! :love:

I'd be more than happy to tell you about our wedding, but I don't know how to post pictures... Help, anyone? :confused3

It's not hard, Karen, once you do it. I'll give it a shot at explaining.

You need to upload your picture to a host sight -- I use dotphoto.

Once it's out there, right click on it and copy the properties.

Come back to the dis, reply to the thread and put your properties address inside brackets like this (
) -- leave off the parenthesis at the beginning and the end.

I'm sure someone else can help you better than I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter