2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
gometros said:
Sam Champion of GMA is reporting from Chicago this morning and he said it was in the 30s with a wind chill in the 20s and all I can think of is how good the Florida sun is going to feel to you northerners next week.

:cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

Do we win the losers prize?? :sad2:

cgcw said:

We're going on a cruise! We're going on a cruise!

party: party: party:

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

Ok, now THIS was insensitive!!! I'm going to have to edit it to make it more politically correct:

Most of us are going on a cruise! Most of us are going on a cruise!

party: party: party:

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

WDWLVR said:
They reported snow at O'Hare airport over night. May get some more this afternoon but nothing that will stick as we are supposed to be in the 40's.

One week from today we begin our drive down!

No snow here yesterday, but it was the second Wednesday in a row with SEVERE weather with tornados (and me driving INTO the storm both times to get to rehearsal) Hoping this picture works, here is one of the houses from last night's storm:

20061012-Pc-A1-0500.jpg

At least this one is still standing. Many aren't!

WDWLVR said:
They reported snow at O'Hare airport over night. May get some more this afternoon but nothing that will stick as we are supposed to be in the 40's.

One week from today we begin our drive down!
Well, it's a beautiful mid-80s day today, with lows in the high 60s in central FL. It looks like we're gonna have WONDERful weather next week!!!

WDWLVR said:
So Karen - I meant to post this yesterday. I read Mike's latest article (yes before you even posted the link - remember I am his #1 fan outside of family). Anyway - are the kids getting phones for Christmas?????

HA HA HA. Mike read me his article and I said "sure, make me the bad guy!" :lmao:

Why would my kids need cell phones???? I'm with them nearly 24/7! If they called me it'd be from the play room!

I know you all are into cruise packing and planning, but I just read on the DVC thread that the new DVC area will be at Animal Kingdom. (Gail maybe now John will buy those additional points) It reportedly was on the Orlando news last night. Cheryl and Todd did you hear anything? Of course, we know that new DVC rumors run wild. I know I enjoyed Animal Kingdom when Gail and I stayed there last March. Anyone else hear anything?????

Carol
(living vicariously through you all since we had to cancel our reservation for this cruise)

MaryJ said:
What I want to know is how the cat jumped up on the fridge in the first place? Does he have springs in his legs or tail or something? :tigger:

You don't have cats, do you? He jumps onto the counter and then up on the fridge. He has been found in some strange places!!! (my favorite was the time he got stuck between the screen and the open window!!!! :lmao:

Thanks for all the helpful info. Can't tell I'm Spazzing out can ya?

This is our first member cruise so I just want to be prepared.

BTW that's great news to hear that we'll be "neighbors" onboard. I also noticed that you are from Brockton...My Father-in-law lives there. Small World!

guess we'll have to take part in one of those coolers together! :wave2:

MaryJ said:
What I want to know is how the cat jumped up on the fridge in the first place? Does he have springs in his legs or tail or something? :tigger:
When I was growing up, we used to have a cat that slept on top of the fridge. He would just jump on the counter then up to the fridge. She also used to climb up on top of the top cabinets and sleep up there too.

Even weirder, we used to have a cat that slept on top of doors. Yes, on top of the door. She would balance herself (how she got up there is a mystery) on top of the doors when they were open.

4Gus-Gus&Figaro said:
And I'm in FITS about being on vacation when they're in the World Series!!!
1.gif
I mean - who knew? No one could have even dreamed in December that they would have a shot at the Fall Classic this year. I've already warned my Dad that he's on VCR duty for the entire Series. I feel like a bad fan right now... <sigh>
8.gif

Grumble Grumble Growl
19.gif

Hey Karen I told you we will all watch it with you. I wonder if they will show it on the big screen on deck. :confused3

scrappy910 said:
Carol
(living vicariously through you all since we had to cancel our reservation for this cruise)

YIPPIE!! I'll have someone to chat with that week!!! :lmao:

ohiominnie said:
HA HA HA. Mike read me his article and I said "sure, make me the bad guy!" :lmao:

Why would my kids need cell phones???? I'm with them nearly 24/7! If they called me it'd be from the play room!

True - its not like they are going to call you to pick them up from school! :lmao:

WDWLVR said:
Did you all read the reports on the DVC forum that they announced there will be DVC Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge? Pretty cool. We won't be buying points there but would be willing to try it at some point just like we've tried almost all the other DVC locations.
OOhhhh, if that's the case, we may just buy some points there!!!

scrappy910 said:
I know you all are into cruise packing and planning, but I just read on the DVC thread that the new DVC area will be at Animal Kingdom. (Gail maybe now John will buy those additional points) It reportedly was on the Orlando news last night. Cheryl and Todd did you hear anything? Of course, we know that new DVC rumors run wild. I know I enjoyed Animal Kingdom when Gail and I stayed there last March. Anyone else hear anything?????

Carol

Sorry Mary, didn't see that you had already posted this.

Carol

WDWLVR said:
Did you all read the reports on the DVC forum that they announced there will be DVC Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge? Pretty cool. We won't be buying points there but would be willing to try it at some point just like we've tried almost all the other DVC locations.

I haven't read that yet, but it sounds pretty cool. I've liked our stays at AKL even though it's so far away. I don't expect we will buy points there either, but we will try it.

Did you see the post about DCL has a charter in Oct 21, 07. Think it could be another DVC cruise???

ohiominnie said:
No snow here yesterday, but it was the second Wednesday in a row with SEVERE weather with tornados (and me driving INTO the storm both times to get to rehearsal) Hoping this picture works, here is one of the houses from last night's storm:

20061012-Pc-A1-0500.jpg

At least this one is still standing. Many aren't!

Seeing pictures like this really bring home the point to me, that I really need to be thankful each and every day for the all blessings we have. Some days, I wonder where the joy has disappeared to, but, there really are things to be thankful for every day. :goodvibes

My goodness! That poor family. To have to endure a tragedy like that.

scrappy910 said:

Carol

John buy more points - now that's funny! He says it doesn't matter how many points I had I would still need to borrow from next year.

scrappy910 said:
Sorry Mary, didn't see that you had already posted this.

Carol

No worries Carol - it is all about sharing. Better 2 or 3 of us post it than no one does!

scrappy910 said:
I know you all are into cruise packing and planning, but I just read on the DVC thread that the new DVC area will be at Animal Kingdom. (Gail maybe now John will buy those additional points) It reportedly was on the Orlando news last night.

I would love to have points there. I guess I should have been saving money all this time.
3.gif

IleneF said:
I LOVE the Carousel of Progress song/show too. Which brings me to a major gripe about old Disney vs new Disney. I have the answer to why many of the new attractions don't have the same impact as older ones that are sadly gone. I could make Disney so GREAT if they only would hire me. Here's the answer. MUSIC...yup it's almost that simple. Almost all of the attractions my family and I remember it's because we take the song home with us. It burns a special place in our memory. Songs are emotional links. The old horizons, the old Listen to the Land boat ride,and the old figment ride all have that in common. The newer attractions lack that. OK off my soapbox!

A lot of the newer rides arn't exactly sing along songs per say... but I can think of at least one right off the top of my head.

Ev'rybody has a laughing place, a laughing place to go ho ho!

A lot of the newer rides do have memorable parts though.

I can hum the music of Soarin', and of course there's your flight attendant Patrick. And the do de do do, do de do do of the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I would be willing to bet the new Nemo ride has some kind of musical theming going on. And Philharmagic is one long piece of music from beginnning to end :)

And some of the older rides don't exactly have a sing along song either.

Jungle Cruise right off the top of my head is more memorable for the campy bad joking of the boat captain than anything else. And the old simpler rides like the Starjets rely more on theming than anything else, even moreso at Disneyland than WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter