2008/2009 Swap Calendar updated to pg 23

Rebecca, I just noticed post 31! Dont ask how I didnt see that.
I would love to learn from you so if you want, Im willing.
Especially since I might be doing the Pet Swap!:scared1:
(by the way, I already have my songs picked out!)

That's fine- Buffy- if you would update the lyric swap to have Arizona Rita and I cohost- she as the main one. AR- check and make sure the dates will work for you- we can always move it a little one way or the other if certain days don't work- Sundays and Wednesdays don't work as well for me- i am in and out of the house much more.

Rebecca

Dates are fine as everyone will be back in school, including Dh (he is a librarian at a comm college).
I have a couple of questions in general.
Looking at the claendar there are 2 due dates for MK? Is there 2 MK swaps or just a typo? And Im not even in that one.

Is there going to be a Cruise or altered letter swap?

And about the Pet Swap. I noticed that there were only (ONLY!) 2 due in September. Would that be a good month to ask for things back and if so what month do you issue signups?
Im now on the quest to learn as much as I can about how you all do this.

And about the Pet Swap. I noticed that there were only (ONLY!) 2 due in September. Would that be a good month to ask for things back and if so what month do you issue signups?

If you are doing the Lyrics swap and don't change the dates, it's running from August to October. You probably don't want to have the Pet Swap going at the same time especially since this is your first time hostessing. I would suggest you do the Pet Swap due before August or have sign-ups in October and then due in December. That's just my 2 cents worth.

Looking at the claendar there are 2 due dates for MK? Is there 2 MK swaps or just a typo? And Im not even in that one.
The swap was moved to earlier in the year. The second due date might not have been deleted
Is there going to be a Cruise or altered letter swap?Michellepooh? is doing the cruise swap again. I don't know if there are set dates yet. I haven't seen anything about an altrered letter swap though.

The pet swap is normally a 1-2 element swap so in that case a 6-8 week turn around is good so depending on when in Sept it would be due either July or early Aug would be when you would hold sign-ups.

Rebecca

If you are doing the Lyrics swap and don't change the dates, it's running from August to October. You probably don't want to have the Pet Swap going at the same time especially since this is your first time hostessing. I would suggest you do the Pet Swap due before August or have sign-ups in October and then due in December. That's just my 2 cents worth.

Arizona Rita- I would say you might be wise to think about this. Having sign-ups the end of October (just after lyrics are due- about the 22-25th) and having them due the second week in December would give you a chance to see about hostessing before adding this. That way if you felt like it was a bit much someone else could step up to doing it. (I know it was a bit overwhelming my first time).

Rebecca

Just a thought - if we have a card swap (whenever it is) could we have some Christmas groups? Just to help us get ahead;)

we can do this. Angelmom usually does the card swap so you probably want to talk to her.

That's fine- Buffy- if you would update the lyric swap to have Arizona Rita and I cohost- she as the main one. AR- check and make sure the dates will work for you- we can always move it a little one way or the other if certain days don't work- Sundays and Wednesdays don't work as well for me- i am in and out of the house much more.

Rebecca

ok, I'll change it now.

Dates are fine as everyone will be back in school, including Dh (he is a librarian at a comm college).
I have a couple of questions in general.

Is there going to be a Cruise or altered letter swap?

yes, it's a typo. I need to check her dates again. Thanks for pointing out, sometimes you stare at the thing for so long you miss stuff, ya know.

Here's what Ive decided:
I am going to let the Pet Swap go.
i am going to mentor with Rebecca and start out slow.
There are a couple of big swaps that I want to play in and I have 900 pics from the Med Cruise and still have 400 from WDW so I want time to scrap.
So this year, I will be mentored and next year I will host.
:hippie:

yes, it's a typo. I need to check her dates again. Thanks for pointing out, sometimes you stare at the thing for so long you miss stuff, ya know.

Okay mystery solved! Under April Due dates MK 4/23 -- that should be changed to color swap 4/23.

MK due 3/2 (as you have listed already) is correct.

Thanks for making changes!

AR, I'm going to just have you host the Lyric Swap for now and see how it goes. If you want to do another swap later after you and Rebecca finish lyrics and we talk about how it went, then we'll go from there. Is that ok??

Okay, If AR is going to just do the lyrics, I'll do the Pet Swap.

I would be very interested in a DCL swap if there is going to be one! I have 2 Disney cruises to finish scrapping!:tigger:

Keep items coming as BAMB finds time to check in and update the calendar she will... I will keep things going from here...and make it easier for her to update the OP.

Thanks for your understanding while her and her family are dealing with issues right now!

How about a Sea World or Universal Scrap with the Grinch? Maybe combine non-Disney Parks in one big scrap? Just a thought.

How about a Sea World or Universal Scrap with the Grinch? Maybe combine non-Disney Parks in one big scrap? Just a thought.

We had one last fall. They tend to be less popular so I would say next spring (2010) is probably about the next time we would be able to fill one up again. I did that last one and due to angelling ended up with a number of extra items though if you want to arrange to trade anything if you have an area you are looking for.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter