2009 Confirmed Snacks in/**PLEASE POST 2010 HERE UNTIL A NEW THREAD IS STARTED***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they will take the pastries and other similar snacks off before we go? Does anyone know if you can still get snacks from World Showcase? We don't care about the family size cookie bags or anything but we were really looking forward to soft pretzels, pastries, ice cream cookie sandwiches, etc. What do you think? I guess it's too late to worry about it now. :)

I wouldn't worry about it. No, I don't think they'll remove pastries, pretzels and ice cream treats (we had Itzakadoodles and Mickey ice cream bars earlier this week) from the snacks. These are all considered single serving items and that is basically what they are narrowing the options down to. For the most part, the things that have been taken off the list are items that would feed more than one person at a time (ie. funnel cakes, bags of candy, etc). While we usually do share soft pretzels, they are not actually considered a "sharing item". You should be okay. :)

Oh, and yes, we did get snacks in World Showcase ... the bakery in France and an waffle cone at the outpost.

The QSDDP is still a TON of food. Using up all of our credits took some real effort the last couple of days. We ended up using 4 quick service credits (or entitlements as some say) on 4 muffins, 4 drinks, 4 RK treats, and 4 fruit bowls (which is allowed at least at the resort dining areas) just before leaving.

Have a wonderful time and look FORWARD to the DDP! Yes, there are changes, but it is still definitely worth it. :thumbsup2

We just returned home yesterday and I can say that the Figaro Fries are definitely not on the DDP list .... I looked at the menu ... and ASKED as well. Major bummer. That being said, we sure didn't go hungry. :sad2:

Other notes:

Over all, I think the CM's are just getting used to the new limitations. You "may" get a CM that doesn't know the new ways, but it seemed that they have been told to strictly enforce the new rules. We found several CM's asking supervisors/other CM's questions and then saying "no".

We tried to get a Funnel Cake at Sleep Hollow earlier this week and were told they are no longer allowed.

We had lots of snack credits to use before we left and found that the boxes of cookies (5"x7"ish) and boxes of mints(2"x3"ish) from the gift shops are no longer allowed ... at least not the boxes we used to get. The very small boxes of cookies (animal cracker-sized boxes) and tiny boxes of mints (1"x2") ARE allowed. There is also a cute little Fat Mickey candy dispenser that is allowed. (However, PEZ dispensers are not). Bags of candy ($2.95) are no longer valid as they are labeled "Family Size". They do sell strips of 4 small bags (fruit snack sized-bags), but they are cash only. Bummer for my kids that loved getting sour balls in years past.

Also, at least at Pop Century in the dining area, they have small bags of DIVVIES jelly beans allowable with Snack Credits.

Also, at Pop Century, Worms and Dirt and the Fruit and Yogurt Parfait are no longer snack credits and Nachos and Cheese are no longer served -- however there is a Super Nacho meal on certain nights that is QSDDP.

France.... we were able to get one pastry with one snack credit. SO yummy, but filling; we shared it. :thumbsup2

With Valentine's Day coming up, there are also chocolate-covered heart-shaped Rice Krispie treats in many of the gift shops -- and they ARE allowable with snack credits. They come dipped in chocolate, white chocolate or red candy coating.

Regarding Goofy's Candy Co in DTD .... we were told that anything in the glass cases except for the carmeled apples was allowable with Snack Credits. My kids especially enjoyed the dipped (3)marshmallows (M&M's!) on the Mickey staws. Drinks (including coffees) and a section of small bags of dried fruits, nuts, candies, cookies, etc are also allowable. The sour candy sugars that you put in the tubes is NOT allowed ... not even the 6" tubes.

If you are looking for a carmeled or candied apple on a snack credit, go to Starring Rolls in DHS ... they are ALLOWABLE there! (the desserts there are fabulous too!)

The one item we found over $4 that was allowed was a Sweet Cream pretzel in Fantasyland - $4.29. Can't remember the name of the stand, but will dig through my receipts later and find out.

That's all I can remember right now, but I'll be back after I have had a chance to sort receipts.

Thanks, not really worried about going hungry, but my DS 17 rarely orders sweets so looking for the items like breadsticks and fries are his way of using his credits. He is under weight so I try to get the carbs into him that way.
Hmm no sweets and under weight, maybe he was switched at birth!lol

Does anyone know if the Tinkerbell Twist Slush is included as a snack???

Yep, I got one at Sleepy Hollow at MK this past Wednesday!

Everything else we got or noticed is already noted. At Goofy's, they were definitely back to giving three pretzel rods for a SC.

At Roaring Forks at WL only plain oatmeal is included as a SC. With toppings, it remains under $4 but they don't allow it for some reason.

Thanks, not really worried about going hungry, but my DS 17 rarely orders sweets so looking for the items like breadsticks and fries are his way of using his credits. He is under weight so I try to get the carbs into him that way.
Hmm no sweets and under weight, maybe he was switched at birth!lol

How about french fries with cheese sauce at Cosmic Rays?? The cheese sauce is free at the "Toppings" station! YUM!

Just wanted to add that I was told all of the chocolates in the case except for the Rocky Road cups which were about $5 was included as a snack. I personally purchased the chocolate covered marshmallow and chocolated covered marshmallow and caramel squares on the DDP as a snack. Thanks for keeping the list.

Yikes, that is supremely disappointing! DH LOVES caramel apples and I was really looking forward to taking him there on valentines day! Can you get one for 2 snack credits I wonder? I mean I know they are huge but WAH!

I assume that Goofy's glaciers is not a snack credit but no one has mentioned it so thought I'd ask!

Thanks

You will get different answers from different cast members.

We just go back last night. I was able to get a caramel apple with nuts from Goofy's yesterday afternoon. I was told either the caramel or the nutty apple were included.

We also got: refills for goofy glaciers on two seperate days
pastries at Norway, school bread(smaller than it used to be), cloudberry horn, sweet pretzels.
3 pretzel rods from goofy's
cinnamon nuts from a cart in MK

You will get different answers from different cast members.

We just go back last night. I was able to get a caramel apple with nuts from Goofy's yesterday afternoon. I was told either the caramel or the nutty apple were included.

We also got: refills for goofy glaciers on two seperate days
pastries at Norway, school bread(smaller than it used to be), cloudberry horn, sweet pretzels.
3 pretzel rods from goofy's
cinnamon nuts from a cart in MK

So did you pay for the cup and original slushie but then use snack credits for the refill? Just curious as I can see kids asking for the cup!

Hi!

Does anyone know if the lovely hot donuts they sell in Typhoon Lagoon are a snack credit? They're not in the 1st page but I wondered if they had been in the past?

I looooooove them!

In the list is:

Casey's : side of fries, side of chili.

Does this mean you can get a (small) serving of fries, by itself, for a snack?

Or must you purchase a "main entree" so to speak, and then if you get a side of fries with it... you use up 1 snack credit?

I would love to find places where I can pick up a small order of fries, or a bowl of soup or chili (there seem to be a few, lucky!). But I don't want to waste everyone's time if you have to buy it as part of a bigger meal.

Thanks.

it means you can purchase an additional side or just the side (by itself) for 1 snack credit. If you purchase an entree, the side comes with it for 1 CS credit.

Thank you! That's good news for me. Because (whisper)... I don't like sweets or desserts. So I've been on the hunt for snacks like soups or chili or veggies & dips. This sticky has been great!

I didn't see this on the list, might have missed it though, but last year you could use a snack credit to get the Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches you can get at the carts. Can you still get them with a snack credit?

I didn't see this on the list, might have missed it though, but last year you could use a snack credit to get the Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches you can get at the carts. Can you still get them with a snack credit?

Yes ice cream has been available from the beginning of the plan. I haven't included the items listed in the official Disney brochure. Just what they don't tell you ;)

I don't think these are listed
Mrs. Potts
Strawberry Shortcake Sundae
Float

Sleepy Hollow
Funnel Cake topped with strawberries and whipped cream $4.29
Tinkerbell Twist Slush - combination of sour apple and watermelon $3.29

Roaring Fork (WL)
Magic Cookie Bar
Brownie
Cupcake

That's strange it was confirmed recently that the funnel cake at SH was no longer available and the DP symbol was removed.:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter