20090922 - UK Dissers Unite *Photos Added*

Twilight Terror

DIS Veteran
While this is primarily being set up as a meet for all us UK Dissers that happen to be in 'the World' at the same time, anybody else is more than welcome to join us! The more the merrier!!!

MEET INFO
Date: 22nd September 2009
Time: 1pm
Place: Poly Resort at the Tambu Lounge

There are a lot of our members going to MNSSHP in the evening, so the meet is reasonably early in order to give everyone enough time to go do their thing before the party!

MEET PARTICIPANTS SO FAR
Twilight_Terror
nursetibs
PlutoDisney
CustardTart + DD
suzycute
wishspirit
wifey
PaulaSB12
disney_princess_85 + DBF
epcot1stfave
hotfudgesundae
Lagunn
CALIFLADY

THE PLAN
Meet up for alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages a like, and have a good old-fashioned British chinwag with everyone! Some participants will be in costume already as they are heading over to MNSSHP! So, don't forget to bring the cameras!!!

EVERYONE IS WELCOME! Dissers, non-dissers, Brits, non-Brits, the cleaning lady from around the corner... the point is anyone can come!

Any folks out there that want to join us, just post a reply and say hi and I'll add you to the list! :goodvibes

PHOTOS ADDED!!!!
Okay, so I've finally got around to adding photos, so anyone who was there can check 'em out, and any of you that missed it, feel free to have a look!
Direct link (I hope), other thread post #111: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33753192#post33753192

Suggestions please! :goodvibes

:goodvibes

going to miss this meet :sad1: but still try to coerce some kid ... maybe they will like to work for me instead :rolleyes1

well... I guess you can do a...
meet me in the Kitchen Sink.. UK style :thumbsup2 ..

or bring UK with you and have "Tea Time" by EPCOT WorldShowcase ~ UK ...

or do a group Kim Possible meet... or "Meet me By Beverly" at Joe Cool...
nice cool location with free drinks :rolleyes1

so many possibilities:cutie: just sad that am going to miss it...

Sounds like a fun thing to do - would non- Dissers be welcome?

It would depend on our plans which we can't finalised yet and would depend on time of day too (is it more likely to be in the day or one evening?)

I'll check back when we know what we are doing and see what's been planned!

Thanks for starting the thread :thumbsup2

Of course everyone is welcome Becx N Gav! :goodvibes

In light that there is a MNSSHP that evening (and even debating about going to that one as well - we're going on 15th at the mo), we are going to arrange this for sometime in the day - either late morning/lunchtime/early afternoon, so that everyone has enough time to go back to hotels/eat/whatever before they go off to their party!

I haven't finalized any plans yet! :scared1: I hate this 90 day thing. I want so desperately to start planning what we're doing, sorting out ADRs etc, so this is a work in progress. So keep popping back and we can all update, and alter info as the park times and stuff get released for Sept and everyone knows a bit more about what they are doing!

Thanks for starting this thread - great idea! :cheer2:

DD (wishspirit) and I (suzycute) would love to join you on 22nd September. We would love to meet other Dissers who love Disney as much as we do! We're off to MNSSHP that night but any time during the day would be great.

We're very happy to go with the flow regarding venue but maybe somewhere where we can sit and chat in the cool (and maybe celebrate meeting new Dis friends with a drinkie - or two!) would be great!

We were really looking forward to our holiday anyway, but this will make it extra special!! :cheer2:

Thanks for starting this thread - great idea! :cheer2:

DD (wishspirit) and I (suzycute) would love to join you on 22nd September. We would love to meet other Dissers who love Disney as much as we do! We're off to MNSSHP that night but any time during the day would be great.

We're very happy to go with the flow regarding venue but maybe somewhere where we can sit and chat in the cool (and maybe celebrate meeting new Dis friends with a drinkie - or two!) would be great!

We were really looking forward to our holiday anyway, but this will make it extra special!! :cheer2:

:thumbsup2

My sister (Twilight Terror) and I have been batting around a few ideas of locations for the meet. We have come up with two possible options.

First option: ABC Commissary at DHS - Reasonably big place inside out of the sun. Allows us to cool off and rehydrate/eat while we chat.

Second option: Pool bar at a resort - Should be a quieter location, more likely we can all sit together, but maybe more of a problem for those wanting to go back to their resort and change etc before MNSSHP.

Let us know your thoughts on these locations or any others you have come up with. :goodvibes

My sister (Twilight Terror) and I have been batting around a few ideas of locations for the meet. We have come up with two possible options.

First option: ABC Commissary at DHS - Reasonably big place inside out of the sun. Allows us to cool off and rehydrate/eat while we chat.

Second option: Pool bar at a resort - Should be a quieter location, more likely we can all sit together, but maybe more of a problem for those wanting to go back to their resort and change etc before MNSSHP.

Let us know your thoughts on these locations or any others you have come up with. :goodvibes

Sounds good, tho' might be nice to go somewhere where we can enjoy an adult beverage... ;)
10.gif

Sounds good, tho' might be nice to go somewhere where we can enjoy an adult beverage... ;)
10.gif

That sounds good, ;)

I think Epcot or a resort, an epcot or mk resort would make it easier to get too.

Where is everyone staying ?- we will be at BCV so pretty central.

Hi :yay: We arrive on 7th and fly home on 24th

see I know I wrote this somewhere that there is a potential TOT meet on the 12th!!!! Wish me luck and pray that my regular part time take my Friday so I can tag along with you 3 !!! :goodvibes

is there anything you want/need from our local disney store ??? PM if you find anything !!!

That sounds good, ;)

I think Epcot or a resort, an epcot or mk resort would make it easier to get too.

Where is everyone staying ?- we will be at BCV so pretty central.

Places around Boardwalk are fairly central, we will be at Bay Lake Towers, so we could monorail and walk! :goodvibes

We are staying at Saratoga Springs for the first week then Old Key West.

see I know I wrote this somewhere that there is a potential TOT meet on the 12th!!!! Wish me luck and pray that my regular part time take my Friday so I can tag along with you 3 !!! :goodvibe

Oooooh another TOT meet! I like the sound of that. Has fingers crossed :goodvibes

Ooooh have fun at the TOT meet!!! DH and I will be boarding the Magic that day... :love: :love: :love:

From 19th onwards DD and I will be at VWL so an MK or EPCOT resort would be fab... :thumbsup2

10.gif

:confused3 In the daytime??? :rotfl:

Well, judging from the responses so far, it looks like a resort is the favoured option, over a park. That's cool with us, but what about you guys that are off to the party that night? Anyone going back to their hotel between the meet and the party that would make a transfer resort-to-resort a bit of a nightmare?

So, any suggestions for an Epcot or MK resort that has a good pool bar/indoor/outdoor bar area where we can all congregate??

:confused3 In the daytime??? :rotfl:

Well, judging from the responses so far, it looks like a resort is the favoured option, over a park. That's cool with us, but what about you guys that are off to the party that night? Anyone going back to their hotel between the meet and the party that would make a transfer resort-to-resort a bit of a nightmare?

So, any suggestions for an Epcot or MK resort that has a good pool bar/indoor/outdoor bar area where we can all congregate??

Poly and their Lapulapu????:goodvibes:lmao:

my vote would be the Poly, plus I think that It will be easy for people to get back to resorts if they are going to MNSHHP as they can get the boat or monorail to MK.:) and the Poly do lovely non alcoholic cocktails which my DD loves having.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter