2010 Free Dining Discussion-Free Dining released for everyone (see 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are planning on a December 2010 trip (Dec.4 -Dec. 12). This is listed as a "value" season date. Yeah for that! We went in March 2007 and did the dining plan then and loved it! Someone told me that this was usually a time when they offered free dining...how and when do they announce this. What if I have already booked and bought the dining plan? Do they reimburse you?
Thanks for the information!!

I believe that December free dining is rare, and was offered in 2009 for the first time. I don't think anyone knows if it will be offered again in 2010

If it is offered, I believe you can call and switch to it, but you are allowed 1 discount only. so if you are already using a hotel discount (such as a pin number) then you can't use free dining too. You'd want to do the math, and determine the best discount for your family.

There have been PIN code offers for free dining in October-December for the past couple of years, but you have to individually receive a PIN offer to use one. 2009 is the first and so far only year that has seen a free dining offer for the general public past the August/September/first weekend in October time frame.

I will be watching for free dining also. We will go without it, but it would mean an upgrade for us. I'm wishing really hard. Our trip would be 8-11 thru 8-21 would it be better to book two reservations if free dining starts on the 15th?

I will be watching for free dining also. We will go without it, but it would mean an upgrade for us. I'm wishing really hard. Our trip would be 8-11 thru 8-21 would it be better to book two reservations if free dining starts on the 15th?

If free dining starts on the 15th, you would have to have two reservations to be eligible for free dining at all if your plan is to check in before then. If you check in before the promotion date you aren't eligible.

The only thing you have to watch out for is park tickets, because you're required to buy at least a one-day park ticket with the package that includes the free dining. There are a few ways to reconcile that with a ticket purchase at the beginning of the stay. Splitting the tickets into length of stay for each reservation will possibly do away with some if not all of the savings you'd get from the free dining (because tickets are more expensive per day on a shorter stay than they are on a longer one), so some like to buy a length of trip ticket with the first reservation and a one-day ticket with the second, then keep the one-day ticket for another trip.

Thank you, that is what I will do. Off to the site to start running numbers, I never get tired of that. Thanks again.

If free dining starts on the 15th, you would have to have two reservations to be eligible for free dining at all if your plan is to check in before then. If you check in before the promotion date you aren't eligible.

The only thing you have to watch out for is park tickets, because you're required to buy at least a one-day park ticket with the package that includes the free dining. There are a few ways to reconcile that with a ticket purchase at the beginning of the stay. Splitting the tickets into length of stay for each reservation will possibly do away with some if not all of the savings you'd get from the free dining (because tickets are more expensive per day on a shorter stay than they are on a longer one), so some like to buy a length of trip ticket with the first reservation and a one-day ticket with the second, then keep the one-day ticket for another trip.

The offer stated you had to put down a $200 deposit before check out, and before October 24, (with the balance due next year, 45 days prior as usual) BUT I have read other DISers postings that they were upset that they didn't know about the BB offer and called after they returned home and were still allowed to book.

Thanks for this info!!!! We were just at DW back in Sept '09, checked out Sept 28th to be exact and I was not aware of this bounceback offer!!! There was no flyer in out room or packet of information they provided during check-in. When I checked out they didn't mention it to me either! I am going to call tomorrow and see if I can get the free dining promotion. I'll let you know how I make out...

Am I correct in remembering that folks that have the Disney Credit card receive a bit of "extra" advance notification of the Free Dining when it is offered?

I just got my card in the last few months and if that is true would the offer come in the papers I get with my credit card bill or would I get a post card with it on it? Just looking ahead. We are looking at possibly doing Disney and maybe a short cruise in Fall 2010.

Thank you for any info.

Am I correct in remembering that folks that have the Disney Credit card receive a bit of "extra" advance notification of the Free Dining when it is offered?

I just got my card in the last few months and if that is true would the offer come in the papers I get with my credit card bill or would I get a post card with it on it? Just looking ahead. We are looking at possibly doing Disney and maybe a short cruise in Fall 2010.

Thank you for any info.

yes, Disney Visa holders get a couple of days head start on the August/September free dining. You'd be best off watching these boards toward the end of March, because some report that they were notified of the discount by Disney Visa and some weren't. But there's always a big long free dining watch thread on this board around that time.

But can you still participate in the free dining if you end up renting DVC points? I'll hopefully be going at the very end of september. Really hope I can take part in it!

But can you still participate in the free dining if you end up renting DVC points? I'll hopefully be going at the very end of september. Really hope I can take part in it!

Anyone staying on DVC points is not eligible for free dining. DVC Members/Renters pay for the DDP no matter what.

I can not for the life of me remember....is Jiko...at dinner.. and Chef Mickeys...at breakfast... 2 table service credits? We are wanting to do both, but not if both require 2 credits each.....:confused3

thank you so much, I was confused because chef mickeys is a character dining and wasnt sure if it was 2 credits or not!

I know that when we have paid for meals OOP, they allow us to share meals (I had weight loss surgery a few years ago and I also have 2 very picky eaters with small appetites), do they allow you to when on the free dining plan, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter