2010: What's on the Emerald Aisle?

I just rented a mini van from National for $285.18 including taxes....On my printout it says that my Tier is EXECUTIVE...Could someone tell my what this means....When I pick up my rental do I go to Emerald Reserve or Executive...Boy am I lost with this one....Help Please...Also my son and his family have also rented from them....Can they use the K or do they have to go to the rental counter...It doesn't say on their printout...

I just rented a mini van from National for $285.18 including taxes....On my printout it says that my Tier is EXECUTIVE...Could someone tell my what this means....When I pick up my rental do I go to Emerald Reserve or Executive...Boy am I lost with this one....Help Please...Also my son and his family have also rented from them....Can they use the K or do they have to go to the rental counter...It doesn't say on their printout...

some people earn this status other have found codes for it in the past but to maintain it you have to certain number of rental days or rentals from National during a year period

You do have to show your National Emerald Card which in the case of Executive has it marked on it ( you can also see your status when you login to the nationalcar.com website in the box marked Summary Info, it will tell you when it expires also )

if you rent at least approximately 41 days or so during one year they move you from Emerald Aisle to Emerald Executive which is another aisle across from the regular aisle which gives you more full size selections ( and lately we have seen a fair number of SUVs, but it all depends upon the time of year, you should not expect to see these if you rental is during a vacation period )

you book at midsize price but have a guarantee usually of at least a full size car when you choose ( sometimes we see premium cars there )

on a side note we just rented at BWI and found a Ford Flex on the Executive aisle even though we had booked Emerald Reserve for Premium. We were able to take this SUV from the Executive Aisle with no problem...it had built in GPS and Satellite radio, and although its shape was "boxy" we enjoyed the ride....

so the National experience is always a search for a different vehicle

smilawgs

We are EA Executive level members. We will be arriving at MCO at 10:30PM on Thursday, Feb. 3, 2011. There are 5 of us plus luggage so we definitely need a full size SUV or a minivan.

I forget what Executive level gets us as we haven't used it for awhile. Can anyone remind us??

Thanks!

technically, your only promised a full size car on executive. But, you never know. luck of the draw for something special. IE: convertible, suv, van.... .
Good luck!

I saw in a previous post someone mentioned having to show your Emerald Club card. Now I'm worried.

I joined free two years ago from the mousesavers link, didn't end up using National on that trip, went with Alamo instead because we were renting a convertible. This trip I'm holding a full size ressie with Alamo for about $30 cheaper than my EA reservation. But I don't have a clue where my membership card is. In fact I'm starting to wonder if I accidentally threw it out.

Is this going to be a big problem for me if I decide to go with the National reservation?

I saw in a previous post someone mentioned having to show your Emerald Club card. Now I'm worried.

I joined free two years ago from the mousesavers link, didn't end up using National on that trip, went with Alamo instead because we were renting a convertible. This trip I'm holding a full size ressie with Alamo for about $30 cheaper than my EA reservation. But I don't have a clue where my membership card is. In fact I'm starting to wonder if I accidentally threw it out.

Is this going to be a big problem for me if I decide to go with the National reservation?

You can print one right from the National website. :) In our experiences using both EA and Executive we've never been asked to show a card - just a drivers licence.

You can print one right from the National website. :) In our experiences using both EA and Executive we've never been asked to show a card - just a drivers licence.

they told us that they use the card to pull up the reservation, thus we just automatically hand it to them when we arrive at the booth, and in the case of Executive Aisle they have to see that your "status" is still in effect ( unless of course you hand them your "Emerald Number" when you arrive at the booth, which, if that is the case, they could pull your ressies up using that )

of course, everyone's mileage may vary

one person's anecdotal experience may not be what another person experiences when they are at the check out booth

it would just be wise to have the card or number handy if they do ask for it

smilawgs

Same here.

I was there 2 weeks ago, I just gave them my drivers license and credit card. I used it in Richmond a couple of months ago, all they wanted was my drivers license.

I was there 2 weeks ago, I just gave them my drivers license and credit card. I used it in Richmond a couple of months ago, all they wanted was my drivers license.

in norfolk, mid october, they already had all the information printed out, did not want to see any cards....

the problem with early print out was it changed the rate from 4 days to 5 days, even though we were picking up at 11:30 am, they had us picking up at 8:30 am

i guess it all depends on the locations where you pick cars up....

So now I guess I'm just trying to decide which reservation to use. The Alamo full size is about $20 cheaper than the National emerald aisle reservation. So the question for me becomes, is that $20 worth the off chance that I'd get something more preferable, like an SUV or something equal to a full size on the EA. We're arriving early afternoon on Sunday, so I really don't have a clue how that stacks up to what's usually available on the EA.

Picked up on on Tuesday, 11/9, at ~6pm, on the B side, from the regular Emerald Aisle. There were lots of full-sized sedans, a few SUV's, and over a dozen minivans. Most of the minivans were Chryslers, but there were 2-3 Toyota Siennas. We chose a Sienna with satellite radio - total cost with all fees was $135.83/week.

Hey all-
Just back. Picked up on Saturday 11/6. EA only had the usual, plus chargers, impalas, and 1 Jeep Patriot. We snatched the Patriot with only 900 miles, and was pleased with the SUV. Used Costco codes and paid total of $141 for the week!!!!

You really lucked out getting a van. What code did you use for the great price?:goodvibes

Sorry - I should have included that. I used the Mastercard contract ID, but there were several that gave the same rate. On top of that was a $35 off coupon from National, still valid until around 12/15. I used the info on mousavers.com to get the rate. (Thanks again, Mary!)

Arrived around noon 11/14, and all I saw on the EA was a whole line of Impalas. Went over to Alamo where I had a full size reservation and picked up a 2011 Malibu with 200 miles on it.

Hey all-
Just back. Picked up on Saturday 11/6. EA only had the usual, plus chargers, impalas, and 1 Jeep Patriot. We snatched the Patriot with only 900 miles, and was pleased with the SUV. Used Costco codes and paid total of $141 for the week!!!!

How did you use a coscto code? Costco hasn't had any relationship with National for the past year, only Alamo. Every time I try to book with my previous Costco contract number I get a message saying "Contract ID Invalid"?

I'm so sorry. I used costco.com to get a great rate with Alamo (originally as a "back-up"). I was able to get the Patriot thru National's EA using my entertainment book. My mistake :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter