2011 Horror Nights

vegimom2

Universal Studios & IOA:My Happy Place!
Hi All..Universal &IOA are my favorites! Have stayed at each of their hotels. I have never been to the Horror Night but AM going in 2011!! Any tips on tickets(Am staying on-site)Thanks!!

Hi All..Universal &IOA are my favorites! Have stayed at each of their hotels. I have never been to the Horror Night but AM going in 2011!! Any tips on tickets(Am staying on-site)Thanks!!
Ticket information will not be available until this summer. If you don't have an AP you should consider getting one. The AP discounts for HHN tickets are very good. Except for FL resident and AP discounts, there are no other discounts out there.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Dont want to sound stupid but AP is annual pass,right? If I get an AP would it allow me to get more than 1 discount on tickets? I'm So excited,been wanting to go for their Horror nights for years,thanks again!!

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Dont want to sound stupid but AP is annual pass,right? If I get an AP would it allow me to get more than 1 discount on tickets? I'm So excited,been wanting to go for their Horror nights for years,thanks again!!
AP means annual pass and you would be able to purchase to up six additional tickets with your AP discount but only one discount per ticket. You couldn't get FL resident and AP discounts on the same ticket. Make sense?

This will be my eighth straight HHN and I can't wait either! It's always a lot of fun and many of us meet up on different nights. It's definitely something to look forward to. :thumbsup2

It has been several years (maybe 8-10) since I did it but I was really disappointed with it. I just thought being Universal they could have done a better job maybe some special effects. I have been to local haunted houses that I thought were better. But maybe if has improved since then.

It has been several years (maybe 8-10) since I did it but I was really disappointed with it. I just thought being Universal they could have done a better job maybe some special effects. I have been to local haunted houses that I thought were better. But maybe if has improved since then.

I had the opposite experience - went ten years ago this fall and was blown away. We had no idea what it was about, just that the name sounded pretty neat and the map and brochure for the event (that I still have) made it sound creepy. We had such a blast and have been dying to go back, which I am thinking of doing this year.

My only criticism is that the scare houses, other than the theme of each, seemed a lot alike in their scare effects. After a couple of them you knew what to expect. Still, way better party than that lame-o they throw at MK!

We're with Metro on this one ... we've been going every year since 2003 and wouldn't miss it.

Unfortunately staying on-site at one of the Universal hotels really doesn't give you any perks for HHN (other than being close by and not having to drive). If you are planning on going more than one night, we would suggest the Frequent Fear Pass which allows you to go multiple times in the month on off peak nights (no Fridays or Saturdays) and is often cheaper than buying separate tickets for each night you want to attend.

Another option is if you are already in the park during the day, you can buy what is called a "stay and scream" ticket which will allow you to head to one of the HHN holding areas before 5:00 pm while they clear out the park. Once they release you from the holding area, you are able to do one or two houses before they let the masses in from the front gate.

If you are only planning on one night and can afford it, seriously think about doing a VIP tour (called RIP tour for HHN). It will run you approximately $150 per person plus your admission to the event (you can have either a regular HHN ticket or a stay and scream HHN ticket). With the tour, you are assigned a tour guide who takes you to the front of the line for all houses and shows. It's 4 hours in length and you are put into a group of up to 15 people. You are guaranteed to see all the houses and shows.

If you only have one night and can't do the tour, think about getting an express pass which will allow you to bypass the regular line and get you closer to the front of the line. Last year express passes were about $60 per person and allows you one express entry into each house.

They had tons of choices of tickets last year - even some Frequent Fear Passes with express included. Unfortunately as Metro said, we won't know types or prices until at least July/August.

Hope this helps.

Wow....thank you for all that info,,hope I dont lose these posts b4 I need them!! If I call Universal,will they give me all these options when I buy my tickets??LOL Cant Cant Wait!!

Wow....thank you for all that info,,hope I dont lose these posts b4 I need them!! If I call Universal,will they give me all these options when I buy my tickets??LOL Cant Cant Wait!!
Once we get closer to the summer, more threads will pop up with more information.

HHN is my fave time of the year.

Express is different for HHN. Room keys DO NOT WORK. Only special, HHN Express works, and that can be expensive! Try to go early in the run, as it's less crowded. Go during the week if possible. Saturdays are the busiest, then Fridays, then Sundays & Thursdays. It's scary, silly, sexy, and fun!

Don't worry about the scareactors. They'll get in your face and space, but won't touch you. Me on the other hand...:rolleyes1

It'll probably be next year before we do HHN, but does the park have the HHN 7 nites a week? Don't know why, but I thought it was only weekends.

It starts out just Fri/Sat or Fri/Sat/Sun, slowly adding Thurs and Wed. The max is 5 nights/week, and that's usually for the last two weeks.

Weds and thurs sound good to me. When do HHN usually run? Just the month of October, or some of Sept and Nov also? Gonna start researching now. My sons fall break is usually early Oct, like the second week (maybe the 10-14 I'm guessing). Is Universal in general busy at that time?

Weds and thurs sound good to me. When do HHN usually run? Just the month of October, or some of Sept and Nov also? Gonna start researching now. My sons fall break is usually early Oct, like the second week (maybe the 10-14 I'm guessing). Is Universal in general busy at that time?
HHN starts on the last weekend of September and runs through Halloween. On rare occasions, HHN has been held over the first weekend of November but that's only happened once.

Any idea when dates will be out for HHN? And when dates do come out, will the schedule have weds and thurs on it also? Thanks!

Any idea when dates will be out for HHN? And when dates do come out, will the schedule have weds and thurs on it also? Thanks!
The schedule won't be out until sometime this summer and it will include all dates for HHN.

My sons fall break is usually early Oct, like the second week (maybe the 10-14 I'm guessing). Is Universal in general busy at that time?
During the day it's not too bad, but for HHN, that's one of the busier weeks, so if you can, try and go Sunday that week as Thursday, Friday and Saturday are usually crazy busy as I believe some Florida schools have that Friday off (or historically have in the past) - Metro will correct me if I'm mistaken. I believe it's been dubbed "hell week"

During the day it's not too bad, but for HHN, that's one of the busier weeks, so if you can, try and go Sunday that week as Thursday, Friday and Saturday are usually crazy busy as I believe some Florida schools have that Friday off (or historically have in the past) - Metro will correct me if I'm mistaken. I believe it's been dubbed "hell week"
Orange County is out 10/14, Seminole County is out 10/17 and Osceola County is out 10/21...which usually means two Hell Weeks. :eek:

You guys are awsome! These boards are the best resource ever for planning a trip to Universal or Disney. Thanks again for all your help. :goodvibes

based on the past few years, thurs are added before the columbus day weekend.

depending on the date the first hhn weekend starts, wednesday usually come open on the 3rd week of the event.

i have attended since 1999, and every year since.......
would not miss it for the world.

you can get videos of past hhn's on You Tube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter