2012 Dining Plan Prices and Brochure (BROCHURE REVISED 4/25/12)

Sorry if this has already been discussed but is Fulton's on the plan or not? I see on the WDW website it says yes but when I make a reservation it says no? So confused! :confused3

If staying as DVC member at two different resorts, (split stay) can you book the dining plan for one portion of your stay and not the other? We are staying at WLV for 2 nights and BWV for 3 nights, was hoping to only purchase plan for the BWV portion of the trip. TIA:confused3

If staying as DVC member at two different resorts, (split stay) can you book the dining plan for one portion of your stay and not the other? We are staying at WLV for 2 nights and BWV for 3 nights, was hoping to only purchase plan for the BWV portion of the trip. TIA:confused3

Yes, you can do this, as you have separate reservations at two different resorts.

Thanks for posting. What I'm wondering is if TA's can choose the pricing. I only ask because I have a Nolitours book stating that it is $34 for QS and $87 for DP. I'm just trying to figure this out to determine the best way to book. According to Nolitours it will be $1566 for 6 nights and with what was posted her it will be $927. Thats a major difference. We are booked for oct 14-20, which is not a peak season.

I also have a dvc question. We are renting points thru David's, and are doing a split stay, with 4 nights then switching resorts for three more nights. My question is I would only like to do the first four nights deluxe dining, and not the last three. When we check out at ten am from BLT we will be checking into akv at 11am. Will our credits from the first 4 nights still be valid even though we have checked into our next resort that we are not getting the plan on?

I think it's valid until midnight the day you check out, but just wasn't sure if still was true if you check in to another resort on same day?

Hope that makes sense!

Thank you!!

If you pay for the dining plan, do you have to give up your discount on your room?

If you get FREE dining you will have to give up any discount you had on the room.

If you're paying for the dining, it depends on whether or not the discount you have is applicable to a package reservation, as all reservations including the dining plan (except for DVC members booking through member services) must be package reservations. If a discount is applicable to a package reservation it may be applied to a package reservation with a dining plan.

If you booked a room only reservation with a discount that has since expired, and you are moving from the room only reservation to a package reservation with a dining plan, you will lose the discount, because that reservation would have to be cancelled and rebooked to make it a package.

Question from a total newbie:

How do I pay for the DDP? Will I have to pay for it when I book the resort (not the full package, just the room) or can I pay for it when I arrive and do the check in?

How do I pay for the DDP? Will I have to pay for it when I book the resort (not the full package, just the room) or can I pay for it when I arrive and do the check in?

I think you cannot add the DDP to a room-only reservation. You need to have a Magic Your Way package reservation (room and tickets).

If you add it to your package, then you're making the final payment on the whole package at least 45 days in advance when it is due.

I've read you can add the DDP to your package up to 72 hours in advance. After that it cannot be added. If you add the DDP following 45 days out then you'd also be paying in full when you add it (I think that is how it would work).

Others can correct me if I don't have this right. :goodvibes

You will not be able to pay for it or add it at check-in. All dining plans must be added to the reservation and paid for ahead of time.

If you are a DVC member you must add DDP to your reservation no later than 48 hours before arrival and pay for it at the time you add it.

If you are booking a package reservation (the only type of CRO reservation with which you can get a dining plan - you cannot add DDP to a room only reservation) you must add the DDP to the reservation no later than 72 hours before arrival. If you add it more than 45 days prior to arrival, you can wait to pay for it until the 45 day mark. If you add it less than 45 days prior to arrival you will have to pay for it at the time you add it. The full balance on all package reservations is due at the 45 day mark.

Unless you are an annual passholder or eligible for the military room discount, you must purchase at least one-day base park tickets as part of a package reservation.

If you want to convert a room only to a package so you can get a dining plan, it will be cancelled and rebooked as a package.

Great thread! Is Teppan Edo on the dining plan. Also when does the credits expire? Thanks!

Great thread! Is Teppan Edo on the dining plan. Also when does the credits expire? Thanks!

Teppan Edo is on the dining plan.

Your dining plan credits expire at midnight on the day of your check out, so you can use your remaining credits on your last day after checking out of your room in the morning.

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I just booked our first trip "without" children since our
first daughter was born 21 years age!! I am so excited.

We are thinking of eating dinner at the nicer places that Disney refers to as
Signature Restaurants. ..My question is..If we purchase the Deluxe plan that includes 3 meals a day and the signature restaurants are counted as 2..So we could eat Lunch at a TS and then Dinner at a Signature Restaurant??

Do you think I will save money doing this??

Thanks for any advise you can.

We've only done the full dining plan before, and this go-round have the quick service dining. Just to make sure I'm on the right page...:goodvibes

There's no where I need to make ADR's right? Since we're not paying OOP for meals, all the QSD restaurants are the ones listed on Disney's QSDP and require no ressies? And am I wrong in assuming none of the normal dining plan restaurants would offer anything for qsdp? Like Rainforest, Teppan Edo, The Plaza, or any of the bigger restaurants?
I may get flamed, I've looked on the threads, but this disneychik is still a little confused..:confused3 Any help from a qsdplan veteran?

You don't need reservations for quick service restaurants, and no, you cannot use quick service credits at table service restaurants.

We have never used the Disney Dining plan before and I have a couple of questions. We have 6 day tickets to the park, so our dining plan is 6 days, but we are at the resort 7 days.

We are arriving on March 17th but are not going to the parks that day, can I still use DD credits at the resort and then use them for 6 days at the parks (if we do not use them up before the sixth day)?

Also, in the brochure it says you cannot use your credits for others in your group. If I go through a QS till and get myself a meal, can I go right back through the line and get another? How would they know if it is for me or not? Maybe I am starving! :rotfl2:

Merilee

We have never used the Disney Dining plan before and I have a couple of questions. We have 6 day tickets to the park, so our dining plan is 6 days, but we are at the resort 7 days.

We are arriving on March 17th but are not going to the parks that day, can I still use DD credits at the resort and then use them for 6 days at the parks (if we do not use them up before the sixth day)?

Also, in the brochure it says you cannot use your credits for others in your group. If I go through a QS till and get myself a meal, can I go right back through the line and get another? How would they know if it is for me or not? Maybe I am starving! :rotfl2:

Merilee

Hi there. Lots of good news for you. Your dining plan credits are actually based on the number of nights of your stay (in your case 6 nights for 7 days). You could get a 2 day ticket and it would still be for 6 nights of dining credits.

Additionally, all credits are available to you when you check in. If you wanted to use them all in 1 day you could (but you would probably explode) ;)

I think when they say you cannot use credits for others, they mean people not on your reservation. I have never had a problem buying QS meals for myself & my husband in the same transaction. For all they know I'm really hungry and wanted to use 2 credits for myself! :rotfl2:

You do have to use all your credits by midnight the day you check out. Some additional tips:
Use the credits for your most expensive meals. It is often a better use to use the credits for QS lunch & pay out of pocket for breakfast (or use snack credits for a couple single breakfast items - like the awesome pastries at Starring Rolls in DHS.

If you find you have leftover snack credits your last day, you can purchase pre-packaged items (like candy bars, bags of candy or chips) in the parks or resort gift shops. They make great souvenir gifts too!

Lastly, don't forego the QS dessert because you are too full. Many QS places will note on your reciept that you ordered but didn't claim your dessert, so you could stop back in later in the day (or on your way out for the day) and pick it up then. Many locations also may offer a more portible option like a cookie in a sealed bag which may not be on the menu. It never hurts to ask.

Have a great trip & don't forget the antacids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter