2012 Fall Advantage!!!

Hey guys!

I'm applying for the Fall 2012 DCP in January! I did the 2010 Fall Advantage program as a PhotoPass Photographer. I really want to do another program again and grow on the role scale to gain more experience. I want to make Disney World my future home and career.

I would love to either get something different this time like Character Performer, Character Attendant, Merch, and possibly PhotoPass again... haha.

Going down in the Fall is AMAZING because you get to experience the Food and Wine Festival, Star Wars Weekends, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party!

The program was so much, and I still keep in touch with people from it.

Only a little over a month to go before the applications come out! Woohoo!

hi! I'm Ellen!
I was accepted for the Fall Advantage in 2008, and moved into Chatham in June '08. I left two months later because my mom had congestive heart failure and the thought of spending more time from her really tore me up. I made the right decision to leave the program and spent as much time with my mom. She passed away this February and it has been 10 months of grieving and reflecting on the time spent with her.
I recently just returned from my WDW trip to celebrate her life. It could not have been a more beautiful way to have enjoyed one last trip with just her. *I went solo*
so, here I am finishing my senior year in college & I want to do the CP as my last chance to complete the internship.

also about me, I have been in hospitality for four years working for marriott and hilton properties. I know that would benefit my chances of being selected.

any comments?
I really hope this works out & is meant to be!

Hi everyone!

I'll probably be applying for Fall 2012, but I haven't decided yet if I want to do FA or not. I'm more than likely studying abroad this summer, so I'd have to see if I'd be able to do FA with the timeline. Does anyone know when in June you move in for FA?

I'm 21 (22 when the program starts), and graduating next semester in May. As for positions, I plan on auditioning for CP, or i want Character Attendant, PhotoPass Photographer or Attractions.

Can't wait for applications! Best of luck to everyone with their process :)

Hi guys!!! I'm applying for Fall Advantage 2012 as well. Hoping to get character attendant or something in the hotel field. I did the Spring Advantage 2011 program in Custodial on Main Street. I had the time of my life and met so many great people. Best of luck to everyone!!!!

Hey everyone! I was thinking of applying for fall or fall advantage too. I did the CP for Spring 2011 and it was such a great experience! I ended up getting extended over the summer because I didn't want to leave! I was going to study abroad in Italy next fall, but then I realized it was basically a free semester I could potentially spend in Disney, so now I'm considering going back to the madness lol. I'd love to get BBB hostess, character performer (though thats a long shot) or possibly a PI if they put up any that apply to me. I wouldn't mind being a character attendant again either although I'd like to do something else I haven't gotten to do yet. Anybody else from Spring 2011 applying again?

Does anyone have any idea what day they'll open the CP appls?
Just wondering if there is any historical data that we can make a prediction from?
Also do Alums apply thru another appl process?
Good Luck to you all! :wizard:

A couple people have heard January 23rd from their campus reps, but that's only rumored right now. The facebook group is alive with speculation though if you want to take a journey over that way :)

A couple people have heard January 23rd from their campus reps, but that's only rumored right now. The facebook group is alive with speculation though if you want to take a journey over that way :)

Do you have the link to the facebook group? thanks!

Hey guys! I'm Catie and I'm a fall advantage hopeful too!

I'm 19 and will be turning 20 in December of the program. I've wanted to do this since I was 11 so it feels pretty surreal that this is all finally happening, haha.

hey guys!!! Im also applying for the CP for Fall 2012 because I graduate in May which is pretty exciting!

Does anyone know when the Fall CP's begin like what the dates are? I keep looking on the website to see when they will begin to start taking applicantions... But with the Program in mind I cannot wait to get started it is like a present to your self after graduating college!!!!

What are some roles everyone is interested in?

If it does begin sometime in august I will also be celebrating my birthday during the Disney College Program in September :woohoo:

I am interested in Character Attendant and Hospitality for sure my top two!! :)

hi! I'm Ellen!
I was accepted for the Fall Advantage in 2008, and moved into Chatham in June '08. I left two months later because my mom had congestive heart failure and the thought of spending more time from her really tore me up. I made the right decision to leave the program and spent as much time with my mom. She passed away this February and it has been 10 months of grieving and reflecting on the time spent with her.
I recently just returned from my WDW trip to celebrate her life. It could not have been a more beautiful way to have enjoyed one last trip with just her. *I went solo*
so, here I am finishing my senior year in college & I want to do the CP as my last chance to complete the internship.

also about me, I have been in hospitality for four years working for marriott and hilton properties. I know that would benefit my chances of being selected.

any comments?
I really hope this works out & is meant to be!

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: You absolutely made the right decision. I'm glad you got the chance to spend that time with your Mother.

I lost my Mother to Congestive Heart Failure 8 years ago. A few months before she died I was able to take her on a trip with me and two boys to Orlando. We got the chance to spend the day in the Magic Kingdom. Having visited Disneyland yearly with my Mother when I was a girl it was an amazing opportunity to be able spend the day with her in the Magic Kingdom. She had the best time.

Now every time I walk into the Magic Kingdom I think about my Mother and smile knowing how much fun she had that day.

There hasn't been a post here in awhile...

I applied, passed the WBI, and set up my phone interview for Feb. 3rd! SO EXCITED!

Hey everyone,

I jumped on the opportunity to apply the very first day they opened the applications. I passed the WBI and had my phone interview on Tuesday morning. I am waiting and hoping. Everything happens for a reason whether I get in or not, but I sure hope to get a good email very soon! To all that have applied or are going to apply good luck to you all!

Hey everyone,

I jumped on the opportunity to apply the very first day they opened the applications. I passed the WBI and had my phone interview on Tuesday morning. I am waiting and hoping. Everything happens for a reason whether I get in or not, but I sure hope to get a good email very soon! To all that have applied or are going to apply good luck to you all!

Hey everyone,

I have finally reached the day before my phone interview. I am brimming with excitement!!! If I get in this will be my second program. last time I was QSF&B but this year I would like to do something different.

I just applied yesterday and got the web based interview which I passed, and my phone interview is set up for Tuesday at 11:15!

I feel old now reading everyone's ages. I took the long way through school changing majors/transferring so I going to be at the unfortunate age of 25 at the time I start the program (I'm currently a senior graduating in May).

Good luck to everyone!

I just applied today. I hope I passed the web interview so I can do the phone interview. It's crazy how much I'm excited for this. It feels like my dreams are in reach. I'm so happy that I'm so close to having my dreams come true. I am a Fall 2012 hopeful!
I'm only eighteen and I'm taking a business course at my local community college.

Hey everyone! I just recently applied for the Fall Advantage 2012 at WDW and Disneyland in hopes of receiving a chance at this wonderful experience!

I chose all of the available positions, but my top three for Walt Disney World:
1. Attractions (Major Tecchie and Theatre Performer)
2. Merchandise (~4 years in Retail... hoping for Main Street!)
3. Hopper (I would absolutely LOVE different costumes!)

Disneyland:
1. Attractions
2. Guest Research
3. Entertainment Costuming

I applied on Thursday, and got the WBI link an hour later, but took it on Friday. Scheduled my Phone Interview for Thursday February 10th and I am SO EXCITED!!!

Good luck everyone, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter