2012 season medal show-off!

Terapin

DIS Veteran
As my 2012 season is coming to an end (while continuing to train for 2013) I put together all my medals. I have 11. It occurred to me that there are some great medals out there, and why not show off what you did this season?

So whether you have 1 or 100, let's see some medals! Providing a description would be great too.

I'll start in the post below.

318868_10151097822771931_1581654981_n.jpg

Jan WDW 5k
May 10k
July 10k
July 8k
Aug 6k Mud
Sept 10k
Sept 5k
Sept WDW 5k
Sept WDW 16k
Oct 21k
Nov 21k

Other than the WDW ones they were all around Southern Ontario.

That is a great collection! Great job! I really like the Yorkville one. I will add my picture closer to the end of the year. Not done with all my races on my schedule just yet...although I wish I was! :upsidedow

I assume the 5k trail run is in Florida? Where do they get a real trail around there? Fort Wilderness area?

Personally, I think you should have to have at least a 100' rise somewhere in the course for it to be a "trail". :cool2:

I assume the 5k trail run is in Florida? Where do they get a real trail around there? Fort Wilderness area?

Personally, I think you should have to have at least a 100' rise somewhere in the course for it to be a "trail". :cool2:

Lol - it was from World of Sports and around those parts. No ascension - just some sort of woodsy mulch-lined 'trail'.

Lol - it was from World of Sports and around those parts. No ascension - just some sort of woodsy mulch-lined 'trail'.

Yeah, that's not a trail. This is a trail:
boney_13mile_elev.jpg

My local trail half marathon. Add at least 30 minutes on to your normal finish time.

However, it is a cool medal and I'm jealous that I don't have one. :mad:

Oh I agree. I didn't call it a trail. I do run trails and my local favourite trail has a section aptly nicknamed 'Suicide Hill'. I always feel like vomiting after going up it. *That* is a trail!!!

I am new to racing, as in very new. My first race was yesterday. I did get a lovely tshirt and a pretty medal for my effort. ;)

I think it is pretty cool. And there was lots of blood and guts. Parts of me are stained with red food coloring that really should not have come in contact with any of the blood! :lmao:

IMG_0623.jpg

I did 7 races this year and none of them gave medals (including two half marathons)! Bah! But at least my first medal will be for the 2013 Disney marathon! :thumbsup2

I received my very first medal ever yesterday at the Battleship North Carolina Half Marathon. It's a pretty nice one, too!

8158687380_e8c0af4025.jpg

I received my very first medal ever yesterday at the Battleship North Carolina Half Marathon. It's a pretty nice one, too!

8158687380_e8c0af4025.jpg

Love it! What a cool medal! :) The Blood and Guts one is very interesting and a tad bit disturbing. ;)

Steph...there is no way I am running in any races without a medal. Although they aren't as important to me as they were at the beginning of my running journey, something needs to motivate me across the finish line.

photostream

Hapalua Half Marathon PR
Warrior Dash Hawaii
Tinkerbell Half Marathon
Lavaman Triathlon PR

197064_10152234721900363_1978953407_n.jpg

Here are my 2012 medals:

Disney World Half (my first Half Marathon)
Disney World Family 5K
Chicago Polar Dash Half
Penguin in the Park 5K
Illinois i-Challenge (completing a 5K, followed by a Half Marathon)
Illinois Half Marathon
Illinois 5K
Soldier Field 10-Mile
North Shore Half Marathon
Rock-n-Roll Chicago Half
Chicago Half Marathon
Fox Valley Fall Final 20-Mile
Chicago Marathon (my first Full Marathon)
Indianapolis Monumental Half

There aren't many races in this part of the world, so I've only done 4 races this year.

8298271607_78af1b4680.jpg

Dubai Marathon
Madrid Marathon
Dublin Marathon
Dubai Half Marathon

There aren't many races in this part of the world, so I've only done 3 races this year, with one more half to come.

Dubai Marathon
Madrid Marathon
Dublin Marathon

Yeah but those three races are AWESOME destinations! We are all jealous! :thumbsup2

IMG_5689.jpg
[/IMG]

These are mine for 2012 but I still have Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K and the Wine and Dine half. I may do a few more in December but nothing confirmed.

Family Fiesta 5K
Donald Half
Neverland 5K
TinkerBell Half
Coast to Coast
Surf City Half
Tangled 5K
Princess Half
Castaway Cay 5K
Disneyland Half
Expedition Everest 5K
Happy Haunted 5K
Tower of Terror 10-Miler
Long Beach Marathon
Marine Corps Marathon

My absolute favorite is the Marine Corps Marathon.

Fun! I only ran three races in 2012 so far, 2 HMs and 1 10K, (and a 5K planned for December). Here are the two HM medals. I <3 the princess because it was my first HM, and I <3 the Smuttynose because of the seal. At mile 10 we came out of a few miles of residential areas onto the coast road. It was cold and rainy, and out on the shoals off the shore was a huge pod of seals playing in the waves. Can't think of a better 10 mile boost!

2012-11-06%2020.47.36.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter