2013 Dis Exclusive Backstage Magic 12/15 - 12/20/13 SOLD OUT!!!!!

For those of you who have been on this tour what kind of a budget for souveiners do you usually plan on? Do you usually spend the most at Mickey of Glendale's, just curiuos?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.:)

For those of you who have been on this tour what kind of a budget for souveiners do you usually plan on? Do you usually spend the most at Mickey of Glendale's, just curiuos?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.:)

That's a tough one! It really all depends on the person. I spent ~$200 at Mickey's of Glendale...I've heard others have spent over a thousand. Just know that you'll definitely find quite a bit that you'll want to buy there. My advice would be to determine what your personal souviners budget would be and plan on spending 80% of it at MOG. Hope that helps.

jnjusoioa said:

I totally agree with Christy, by far I buy spend the most on souvenirs at MOG. I expect that to hold true for me on this trip as well, I plan on doing a lot of Xmas shopping there!

Jason

Awesome, thank you, better start saving up, I have a feeling I am going to need a lot of money for this place. :goodvibes

Christy and Jason are both right. We spent the majority of what we budgeted at MOG. However, with the Cars Land I personally am hoping for some super cute park specific souvinEARS.

But if you need help with sticking to your budget, you can shop with my husband, Jeri. He can pretty much talk anybody out of anything. He's like a reverse salesman that way. I'm already putting together some ideas for a distraction team if I see a Dooney with the cute 1950s style pattern on it.

Jason, start studying up on European cycling, football and beers from around the world!

Heather, start practicing asking Jeri to pose in a million photos without it sounding like a scheme to stall him!

Christy, start learning to fake a heart attack! Or better yet you buy the Dooney and I'll slip ya the cash later and then I can be all, look what Christy got me for Christmas, she's just the sweetest girl!

And if all that fails, John can come in with prices of Florida real estate and the pros and cons of owning two homes. Jeri can pretty much go on about real estate for h-o-u-r-s.

That's what I've put together so far. What we need is a code word, a wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak and we'll have a plan! :rotfl:

I won't tell you how much I've been "allowed" to budget for MOG, but let's just say I have a fantastically understanding husband! Yes, I will bring boxes to ship things back to myself. Between this being my first trip to California, my first trip to Disneyland, and once-in-a-lifetime BSM trip...well, I expect to spend a lot. :P As far as Dooneys...don't tell Steve but I'll probably come home with one of those, too. I only have 4 currently.... :whistle:

I always find the question of "how much money will I need" difficult to answer.

It depends on you and what you want.

If I'm in my favorite Italian pottery store.....I'm gonna need a lot.

If I'm in a store that sells aluminum gun racks for your pick up and fishing rods (don't laugh.....we have a huge one called Outdoor World on IDrive....and I have been there.)....my monetary needs are much lower...okay non-existent.

I think a lot also depends on how much you have.

If I were in Louis Vuitton...the amount of money I would need would be mind blowing.

Since I don't have mind blowing amounts of cash.....my options are limited.

MOG has some great stuff that can only be found there. You will not see it in Tomorrowland, the hotel lobby, the Disney store and the Emporium. It will only be available there.

I would make sure that, if you found something you really liked, that you get it. Things are pretty much "Disney priced". This is not a bargain outlet.

That being said...shirts are usually $20 - $30, but you will get one 40% off coupon good for one item.

Hope that helps.

Oooh, we get a coupon?! That's more than I expected...I WILL put that to good use! ;)

Christy and Jason are both right. We spent the majority of what we budgeted at MOG. However, with the Cars Land I personally am hoping for some super cute park specific souvinEARS.

But if you need help with sticking to your budget, you can shop with my husband, Jeri. He can pretty much talk anybody out of anything. He's like a reverse salesman that way. I'm already putting together some ideas for a distraction team if I see a Dooney with the cute 1950s style pattern on it.

Jason, start studying up on European cycling, football and beers from around the world!

Heather, start practicing asking Jeri to pose in a million photos without it sounding like a scheme to stall him!

Christy, start learning to fake a heart attack! Or better yet you buy the Dooney and I'll slip ya the cash later and then I can be all, look what Christy got me for Christmas, she's just the sweetest girl!

And if all that fails, John can come in with prices of Florida real estate and the pros and cons of owning two homes. Jeri can pretty much go on about real estate for h-o-u-r-s.

That's what I've put together so far. What we need is a code word, a wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak and we'll have a plan! :rotfl:

Can I be all..."Look what I got for Lauren...Did you see what I got for Lauren?" I can handle that. If I'm faking a heart attack, I need a soft place to fall. I'll need back up to hurry and throw a nice pile of shirts or something on the floor.

Can I be all..."Look what I got for Lauren...Did you see what I got for Lauren?" I can handle that. If I'm faking a heart attack, I need a soft place to fall. I'll need back up to hurry and throw a nice pile of shirts or something on the floor.

Okay, Laverne and Shirley.....

Don't make me lock you on the bus.;)

Thank you all so much, you have all really made me laugh, I can see this is going to be a fun trip. I think I am going to need to get a part time job in order to save for this trip. I think I will probably be dropping a lot of money here, the studio store and Club 33 if we are lucky enough to go in there. Again, thank you all so much. Jenn:goodvibes

I'm there for you!

:rotfl:

Oh...we're still a year and a half out...the real scheming has even started yet. ;)

:thumbsup2

This really made me laugh (and after this week at work I really needed it)! I think I might be the opposite of Jeri, I've learned that I can rationalize anything I want to buy when I travel...particularly at MOG. Thoughts like, "I already have five watches that I don't wear, but this one has an imagineering logo on it, I won't find it anywhere else so I can't miss the opportunity and I must buy it."

I will start studying this weekend, I need to learn more about cycling:)

I think Grom makes a good code word!

Jason

So my internet is so slow snails are impressed. I've tried everything, but I don't know what the problem is. I'm over at my mom's using her's for a second but wanted to let folks know that I, in fact, did not die of heat. Just a slow internet. It's SO VERY ANNOYING!

Anyway...

Christy: It'll be Christmastime so there are bound to be sweatshirts and they'll make a comfy place to fall. Though I'm thinking you showing everyone what an awesome friend you are by buying me a Dooney for Christmas is also an excellant idea. And much less prone to accidently breaking someing you might need.

Heather: Your big coat? CARP! I don't have a big coat. I'll put that on my list. Also, read Midnight Circus. I couldn't put it down. It's so charming. Magic, a love story and a circus (with NO clowns) what's not to love!

Jason: You always need a new watch! Where would you ever get that chance again? You know, other than the five other times you've been to MOG. ;) But that is SO not the point. I have plenty of handbags, plus one Disney Dooney, but does that mean I don't need another one? NO IT DOES NOT!

I'm so excited for the group heading out on the BSM trip next week...and quite a bit jealous. :) Can't wait to follow the folks via Facebook and board updates. Just think...we only have about 17 more months until our trip. Putting that "only" in there just makes it sound better.

So my internet is so slow snails are impressed. I've tried everything, but I don't know what the problem is. I'm over at my mom's using her's for a second but wanted to let folks know that I, in fact, did not die of heat. Just a slow internet. It's SO VERY ANNOYING!

Anyway...

Christy: It'll be Christmastime so there are bound to be sweatshirts and they'll make a comfy place to fall. Though I'm thinking you showing everyone what an awesome friend you are by buying me a Dooney for Christmas is also an excellant idea. And much less prone to accidently breaking someing you might need.

Heather: Your big coat? CARP! I don't have a big coat. I'll put that on my list. Also, read Midnight Circus. I couldn't put it down. It's so charming. Magic, a love story and a circus (with NO clowns) what's not to love!

Jason: You always need a new watch! Where would you ever get that chance again? You know, other than the five other times you've been to MOG. ;) But that is SO not the point. I have plenty of handbags, plus one Disney Dooney, but does that mean I don't need another one? NO IT DOES NOT!

Christy really is the kindest, most generous person in our band of travelers. :thumbsup2

I loved The Night Circus!

Lauren, you are such a shopper enabler!! ;) It's a good thing you and I weren't around many chandeliers in Venice or I would have ended up with one.

I'm so excited for the group heading out on the BSM trip next week...and quite a bit jealous. :) Can't wait to follow the folks via Facebook and board updates. Just think...we only have about 17 more months until our trip. Putting that "only" in there just makes it sound better.

I'm so delighted that Mike and Jeff are on that trip - many pictures coming up! I have been impatiently awaiting the 10th of August and my trip down to Anaheim for the Destination D event. Mostly I'll be eventing, but I'll have part of Friday and Monday day to explore Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I'm taking a 6:30 am flight down there (eek!) so I'll be getting to the resort around 10:30 am on Friday. I'm going to have lunch at the Carthay Circle that day. I'm sad that the BSM trip wasn't just a little later, or that the Destination D event wasn't just a little sooner!

Mostly I'll be eventing, but I'll have part of Friday and Monday day to explore Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I'm taking a 6:30 am flight down there (eek!) so I'll be getting to the resort around 10:30 am on Friday. I'm going to have lunch at the Carthay Circle that day. I'm sad that the BSM trip wasn't just a little later, or that the Destination D event wasn't just a little sooner!

I've got one word for ya, PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter