2013 Limited Time Magic

So has it been said that Disney is officially limiting Limited Time Magic?

When they first announced, I had a few ideas.

Princes. They don't get a whole lot of face time.
"Pets" think 101 Dalmations, Aristocats, Land and the Tramp, Pluto, ect. Would be really cool if they donated part of the profit to shelters or rescue groups.
Maybe something about Disney sweets? Special edition sweets and being back discontinued goodies.
Game show week?? Get chances to play famous "older" game shows, family feud, price is right, ect. I realize this has nothing to do with Disney. I think it's just part of my deep desire to meet Bob Barker.:rotfl:

And just to be fair, DISNEY WORLD is dropping the ball. Disneyland's next event (which starts Thursday, as opposed to the three day event last weekend) sounds great!

That makes sense, though... If the events are going to be announced last-minute they're only a draw for locals. Most DLR guests are locals; most WDW guests are tourists. So you'd expect the parks division to concentrate the "52 weeks of magic" at the park where they're likely get the biggest revenue boost from it.

Disney Parks is a single entity. If they have 40 events unique to DLR and 12 that are either unique to WDW or celebrated on both coasts, they've delivered on their promise of 52 weeks of magical surprises.

The World of Walt site says that some of the events will be surprises... which I kind of like, because it's a hint of suspense. I wonder if there is something going on this week there and we just haven't heard about it yet?

I'll be there rom 1/19-1/26 and will let you know if there is something happening that is not announced beforehand.

Yesterday, outside the Golden Horseshoe at Disneyland a former cancan girl was showing off moves ( and she still had 'em). A CM told me her daughter would be dancing in the new show. They were really talking it up to anyone who walked by.

Did you read the comments about the hats too? Some people are saying they already bought these hats before January(I am surprised they let those comments post to be frank). It is disappointing for sure. I thought there would be some sort of new experience(no matter how small) in the parks every week.

I bought one of those Minnie headbands on our last trip in Sept/Oct. :rolleyes:

Limited Time Magic at Disneyland blew me away today! The Salute to the Golden Horseshoe was a fantastic show. As a girl who likes Disney history I was entertained and so was my 5 year old who won't sit still for any show! Yeah Disneyland!

OK, I'm a huge Disney loyalist and have been since childhood - and that's nearly 40 years. It doesn't take much for Disney to sell something for me or for me to say something positive about Disney. But I have to agree that this is silly.

First, it's the re-release of ear hats. Our boys are collectors and were very excited, but if it's just a re-release of old ear hats, that's not so great.

And I fully expected to check back each Friday and see something new. The fact that they didn't bother to update the limitedtimemagic.com website yesterday or even today is odd.

I don't even expect a promo every year, and I don't mind if limited time magic is just something really tiny each week. I think the whole idea is cute and I would have essentially bought whatever they sold. But to announce a promo and then not follow up is poor form.

"Winter Wonderland

The forecast at Walt Disney World Resort is sunny with a chance of flurries! For one week, from January 14 to January 20, 2013, the Canada Pavilion at Epcot is hosting a magical Winter Wonderland location where you and your family can play in the "snow." Here, you can also meet, greet and pose for photos with some favorite Disney Characters."

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/let-the-memories-begin/limited-time-magic/

I think that's really cute. As I mentioned in my post last week, I'll pretty much buy whatever they are selling and I think this idea is festive and fun. Our kids (especially our youngest) would get a kick out of it. Hoping for something similar the week of the 26th!

We'll be able to catch this our first day in the parks (fingers crossed). It sounds neat to me, but I can't help but hope that there will be something else the week of Jan. 21 because we won't be back in 2013 to experience any of the other stuff.

We'll be able to catch this our first day in the parks (fingers crossed). It sounds neat to me, but I can't help but hope that they'll be something else the week of Jan. 21 because we won't be back in 2013 to experience any of the other stuff.

That's what i'm hoping for too... it would be nice to have that little extra magic for a trip that's already planned!

I'm pretty disappointed in this promotion. I just got back and didn't get to see the dance party because I wasn't in MK until the 6th and then there was nothing the rest of the week we were there...

"Winter Wonderland

The forecast at Walt Disney World Resort is sunny with a chance of flurries! For one week, from January 14 to January 20, 2013, the Canada Pavilion at Epcot is hosting a magical Winter Wonderland location where you and your family can play in the "snow." Here, you can also meet, greet and pose for photos with some favorite Disney Characters."

OMG, I am so glad I am not there. We have snow all winter and I hate it. But I guess it is great for people that never see it and get to play in it. My poor dog has smelt like "wet dog" for the last few days, because we have been having a warm spell-38-40 degrees and the snow is melting. So I guess someone in my family loves the snow-because he sure does.

MVC1225 said:
"Winter Wonderland

Phew!! Glad this is happening before we get there. I am going to WDW to escape the snow!!!!

I don't seem to be following this very well =\ When will they post something for the week the of 28th? And where do I find it. I hit the links and just get the basic page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter