(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you again. We are hoping to stay and see the fireworks one night, but, having a 4yr old, a child with ASD, and a husband with Leukaemia, we need to make sure everyone gets enough sleep, so this is a really top tip, thanks.
I know HEA has all the new projections, but if you really wanted to see the fireworks, but did not think you could last all night in MK, watching from the Gasprilla patio or boat dock could be a more "relaxing" option.

So sorry I'm just now replying to this! Life got busy! Anyway, I was in a deluxe (queen) room in the main building. Only two of the six deluxe (queen) rooms have the garden tub. I think all of the deluxe king rooms in the main building have a garden tub, but I'm not positive because I've only stayed in the deluxe king turret rooms. I'm not sure whether or not any of the deluxe rooms in the outer buildings have garden tubs, but maybe someone else knows?? I would assume the suites at GF would have them, but I've never stayed in one of those either. I love having a garden tub, but I think that your trip will be wonderful without it too (if you don't end up with one) because I've stayed in standard rooms and still had an amazing trip!
The deluxe king rooms on floor 2 are the whirlpool tubs vs the garden tub.

So one bigger and one splashier!

Hello fellow GF fans! :wave2:

We were at the GF the first week of June and the VV tees were sadly not GF specific.

Wouldn't that be soooo nice! Summer Lace does carry a good selection of VV ....

No good night cards. And we didn't get turn down service last night, but we had it tonight. Not sure how we missed last night. We were out from 7 am until 11 pm. Oh well. I just love this place. And I know understand the "smell"!

I think that the "Good Night" cards are once again a thing of the past....and oh the lovely GF scent....:cloud9:...I can almost smell it now....

Ah.....turn down service.... I just love coming in to the room all tidy and restocked, low lighting, covers turned down with chocolates on the pillow...:love:

Getting excited being under the 60 day mark now. ADRs completed. FPs all complete. Magicband choices made. Gardengrocer order submitted. Next item will be paying the travel agency for hotel and tix. Can someone remind me, when do they mail the magical express tags?

:dance3:Almost time!!! ME tags generally come about a month before our trip....Glad all of your planning is done..hope that you were able to get all of your FPP!:thumbsup2

We were at the Grand Floridian this past April and I thoroughly enjoyed a drink (Black Cherry Lemonade) while at the Beaches Pool Bar & Grill! I have the ingredients, but I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to recreate it here at home! I've searched the web, and my DH even called trying to speak to someone at the Pool Bar lol but without success! If anyone is there, and they think of it, can you ask the Beaches Pool Bar & Grill bartender how they break the drink down? I'd love to make it my Summer 2017 cocktail! Thank you!!!

Sounds delicious! Thanks for obtaining and sharing the recipe! :goodvibes I think I will be making a batch of that for the 4th! :drinking1

Grand Floridian newbie here... I've stayed at the Beach Club over 20 times, but I'll be staying at the GF for the first time at the end of April 2018 for 2 nights before my Disney Wedding. I'm booking outer building garden view connecting rooms (I know it's not guaranteed) for the night before the wedding so we can get ready in the morning without seeing each other.

Is there a specific building that has connecting garden view rooms or are they pretty spread out? I've clicked on probably at least 50 rooms in all the buildings on the Touring Plans room view and none of the rooms have been noted as connecting. Is this just a mistake?

Also welcoming any advice on room location requests because I am clueless about the GF!! Should I request a specific building or just leave my only request as Connecting rooms?

Thanks in advance!!

I know that you already received good advice on your requests...Just wanted to say Congratulations on your upcoming wedding...:bride: ..I bet it will be just grand!

What exactly is a garden tub? Is it an extra big bathtub?

There is only the one boat. It goes from GF to Poly to MK. The return trip from MK stops at GF first, then Poly. When we were at GF in December they had a boat taxi service. For $20 they would take your travel party, up to six people I think, to any resort on the lakes. We took it to Fort Wilderness and enjoyed the boat ride very much. I saw the water taxi listed on the activity schedule at the quiet pool. We really enjoyed our private ride. :)

They have buses to DHS and AK. You have to take two monorails to get to Epcot - the resort monorail to TTC then the Epcot monorail.

Haven't heard any feed back on the water taxi service...so glad to hear your thoughts on your experience with it...:boat::goodvibes

Drunk Jam Hoping that you have an absolutely magical trip! :wizard: GF is certainly a relaxing restful place in the midst of all of the fun!

follow Thanks as always for your wonderful pics....they make me smile...:goodvibes I have a poster of that print..bought it long ago in Sandy Cove...really need to get it framed....

~For anyone going to be at the GF over the 4th... (not sure if this has been shared here yet...I only skimmed back a page...lol)...There is goign to be a GF Barbecue event..including grilled steak and shrimp...yum..specialty (with and with alcohol) drinks...fireworks viewing..and desserts...$120 per adult, $59 per child...sounds like a fun way to ring in the 4th...If anyone does atend hope that you will come back and let us know about your experience...

So still no luck here with additional ADRs for our winter trip....:faint: Certainly not for lack of checking that's for sure...lol...Hurry and get released CP packages....::yes::

On a brighter note...I just might (will ;)) be able to squeeze in a quick visit to the GF next month....:dance3:..no ADRs...no FPP...just gonna wing it...............wish me luck...:earsgirl:

ETA...Hey Trish!!

So still no luck here with additional ADRs for our winter trip....:faint: Certainly not for lack of checking that's for sure...lol...Hurry and get released CP packages....::yes::
I know right? I want the package secured already!!!
On a brighter note...I just might (will ;)) be able to squeeze in a quick visit to the GF next month....:dance3:..no ADRs...no FPP...just gonna wing it...............wish me luck...:earsgirl:

ETA...Hey Trish!!
Good Luck!:wizard:

Hello hello all!! So much to catch up on

Wouldn't that be soooo nice! Summer Lace does carry a good selection of VV ....

I think that the "Good Night" cards are once again a thing of the past....and oh the lovely GF scent....:cloud9:...I can almost smell it now....

Sounds delicious! Thanks for obtaining and sharing the recipe! :goodvibes I think I will be making a batch of that for the 4th! :drinking1

~For anyone going to be at the GF over the 4th... (not sure if this has been shared here yet...I only skimmed back a page...lol)...There is goign to be a GF Barbecue event..including grilled steak and shrimp...yum..specialty (with and with alcohol) drinks...fireworks viewing..and desserts...$120 per adult, $59 per child...sounds like a fun way to ring in the 4th...If anyone does atend hope that you will come back and let us know about your experience...

ETA...Hey Trish!!

Hello my friend...that's awesome I would love to just book and go one day. I am sure it going to awesome and make sure you have your sunscreen. I am going for the first time in October. I am so curious to see what the weather is like then.

Why are you struggling with ADRs? Is it that your just waiting for the CP packages to be released? Its all about the food...right! I am still trying to get CG for one night in October, but I messed up and didn't even look for it 180 days out.

I was just showing my kids the goodnight cards I kept, they of course laughed at me. But before Ipad they were great bookmarks.

We shopped for lots of VV while at the GF and whoever answered is correct, its just regular VV clothing. You can get a discount if you use your Disney Visa!!!

I hope everyone is having a great day making lots of plans!

View attachment 246570
Yes:D! Great for bubble baths...nice and deep!
That tub is wonderful for long soaks and bath bombs! :cloud9: It gives you a lovely reason to spend time in Basin White. Also, it's one of the best things about those rooms ... Unless you have a wonky hip and have trouble getting in and out of tubs. My DM has that problem. So, it's 4422 and the smaller tub for us, now. But, the garden tub was nice once!

Really?? Why doesn't Disney realize how well these items would sell at all the resorts?? I wish they did have a Vinyard Vines GF shirt!! Of course, they'd probably stay sold out!
I have also seen Nike products with subtle Disney branding. I purchased a golf pullover from Commander Porter's.

Question for all GF experts: We will be staying at the GF for the 1st time in August (SOOO excited!). We have reservations at Trail End's Buffet. I thought I read somewhere on here that you could "rent" a boat from GF to Fort Wilderness-not pilot ourselves. Was I dreaming and if not, would anyone happen to know how much and where you make reservations? Thought it might be something fun and different to do- rather than ride the monorail to CR and then take a boat.
Thanks so much! I look forward to reading this thread everyday!

Question for all GF experts: We will be staying at the GF for the 1st time in August (SOOO excited!). We have reservations at Trail End's Buffet. I thought I read somewhere on here that you could "rent" a boat from GF to Fort Wilderness-not pilot ourselves. Was I dreaming and if not, would anyone happen to know how much and where you make reservations? Thought it might be something fun and different to do- rather than ride the monorail to CR and then take a boat.
Your best bet would be to take the boat from GF to Magic Kingdom (with intermediate stop at the Poly). At Magic Kingdom, you can take a boat to Fort Wilderness.

Also at GF you can rent a personal watercraft, a pontoon boat, or a ski boat and navigate around Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. These cost from $32 to $46 per hour, and you can apply AP or DVC discounts. However, you cannot park your rental at FW and go on shore. You must stay on the lake. You can only park the boat at the place you rented it. And these are daylight only. We rented a

Finally, you can rent the Grand One Yacht, but at $400 per hour, you would want to eat a catered meal on board rather than have it wait for you somewhere.

Last edited:
We did this is December. It was great! We had to go to the Concierge desk to make the reservation. The water taxi service cost $20. It is a one way trip. You can't arrange for a pickup.

We showed up at the marina about 15 minutes before our scheduled time. Two CM's will take you to your destination. We had asked if they could go past the Wilderness Lodge on our way to Fort Wilderness. We love that resort and wanted to see it from the water. The Cast members were great. The ride took about 1/2 hour and was very enjoyable.

I hope they are still doing the water taxi service. We found out about it from an activity schedule posted at the courtyard pool. :)

We will be staying at the grand floridian for the first time. We have a Outer Bldg - garden view room booked. Just wondering if all these rooms come with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa? (our 2 kids would not share a bed) or do we specifically need to request we would like a room with a sleeper sofa? Thanks.

We will be staying at the grand floridian for the first time. We have a Outer Bldg - garden view room booked. Just wondering if all these rooms come with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa? (our 2 kids would not share a bed) or do we specifically need to request we would like a room with a sleeper sofa? Thanks.

We have the same issue with our DDs needing separate beds because youngest DD kicks, elbows, head butts, etc in her sleep and NO ONE wants to sleep with her :crazy2: Most, if not all, of the outer building garden view rooms should have a daybed with the exception of the lodge tower rooms (or whatever they are called now...lol) which are a separate booking category. These are the rooms in the bumped-out turret areas which have a small living room area. Even if you are lucky enough to be upgraded to one of these rooms upon check-in, the GF does have roll-a-way style beds that can be delivered to your room if needed. I would not waste a room request asking for a daybed.

Happy planning pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter