• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've booked my first stay at the Grand for 11/1-11/6 of 2018. I always thought I'd stay here for a trip with my hubby, but it was one of the few options available to us with the military discount for our girls racecation so we booked it! Excited to try a new resort!

We have a garden view outer building room booked. I'm worried about being far from transportation, only because of all the running, but I'm sure it will be fine.

I don’t think you will find it an issue to be far from the transportation. You will be in good shape with your running.
I’ve been at GF pregnant with 2,4,6 year olds and didn’t find it far to get to transportation. No stroller at the resort.

Hi! I'm seeking out newer/updated info/photos on a GF Main Building, Lagoon View, Deluxe King room with daybed. It's the 623 square feet one. I have one booked for October 2018 and there will be 3 of us (myself, husband and our 8year old daughter). I can't locate accurate photos or info on the room online. Just want to make sure 3 of us will be comfortable.

Also, I'm hearing conflicting information on whether or not there are balconies for this room type...??

Any help or information is appreciated!

Hi! I'm seeking out newer/updated info/photos on a GF Main Building, Lagoon View, Deluxe King room with daybed. It's the 623 square feet one. I have one booked for October 2018 and there will be 3 of us (myself, husband and our 8year old daughter). I can't locate accurate photos or info on the room online. Just want to make sure 3 of us will be comfortable.

Also, I'm hearing conflicting information on whether or not there are balconies for this room type...??

The deluxe king turret rooms do not have a balcony. There is sofa bed, but it isn't very comfortable to sit on so I can't imagine it would be comfortable to sleep on. I tried to upload a pic but it was too large. I'll try again from my phone.

I am headed to GF for the first time on 2/16 and just read the main pool will be closed??!! I paid so much to stay here.. my kids are going to be so upset.

I don’t think you will find it an issue to be far from the transportation. You will be in good shape with your running.
I’ve been at GF pregnant with 2,4,6 year olds and didn’t find it far to get to transportation. No stroller at the resort.

Thanks! In general I don't mind walking to and from rooms, but I know it also depends on how good of shape I'm in! LOL! That gives me ho pe though for the best! I am really excited to try the Grand!

Just got back from a 12-night stay. We were in Sago Cay, garden view (but our view was really the monorail -- quite close).

It was a good vacation overall, and the GF was beautiful, but we did have a few issues.

The first night, our 2-year-old somehow locked himself in the bathroom. We could not pick the lock. It took them a bit longer than I'd like to send someone to the room with a key for the door to get our toddler out of there. He was upset. I was anxious.

Later on during our trip, my husband got stuck in the bathroom! The door wasn't even locked this time, but totally jammed. We had to wait like 20 minutes after I made a phone call for someone to come in and get the door open. He supposedly fixed the doorknob, but I was too nervous to even close the bathroom door after this. This happened the night we had a dinner reservation at 'Ohana. We had stopped back at the room to shower and freshen up after sweating in the parks all day. We ended up late for our reservation because of this happening, but luckily had no issues being seated.

The day before checkout, we had no housekeeping service at all. We needed it. I don't care so much about unmade beds, but my son is in diapers so the trash needed to be emptied (it smelled...), we needed a towel refresh, etc. We didn't know they never showed until we got back to our room late at night and needed to get the kids to bed right away. We were out most of the day -- gone by 8am, and although I relaxed in the room for 1-2 hours in the late afternoon while my husband was at the splash pad with the little ones, no one knocked on the door while I was there. The "do not disturb" door signs were gone by this point.

Also, as beautiful as the resort is around Christmas time, it truly is busy. Especially in the evening, around the time people are there for dinner or going to MK for fireworks, waiting in the long security line at the monorail was kind of inconvenient. We got off the elevator with our stroller, and the line extended beyond that point. I imagine they could figure out a way to implement a separate line for GF guests and one for those that are just visiting during peak times?

Positive notes: our room was quiet, upper floor request was met, beds were comfortable, location was convenient to bus stops and Gasparilla's, resort food was good, splash pad (which my kids loved) was often empty, fireworks view from the marina is always great, cast members were friendly, kids got to meet Santa right there in the lobby on Christmas Eve. :)

So excited!! 1st Grand stay in less than a month.

The GF is a beautiful resort, you will love it! Have a great time :).

We are frequent visitors at Disneyland but we are traveling to WDW for the first time in March. So much information to sift through! We have a reservation for a standard room at GF but I’m also checking out the other hotels.

Hope you have a great WDW visit. Happy planning :wizard:.

Looks like the family and I are heading back to GF in Nov 2018.

Hope you have a great return trip. Enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

Hello friends,
We just got back from our wonderful first stay at the Grand. We got our text at 9:41am saying our garden view room was ready. I requested upper floor, marina view, and got it! The resort was especially lovely in the morning and late evenings when most of the crowds were gone. All the CM’s were fantastic,especially in the Basin Store where we bought several Christmas presents for the family. I needed to check in one of my son’s friends for a 1 night stay with us and get a magic band for him. The concierge Alejandro was unhelpful and downright nasty. I ended up getting in line again and another CM took care of us. This was the only non magical interaction we experienced our whole trip!
Monorail worked efficiently, recommend monorail to MK then travel by boat back to Resort. Try to make time to walk the trail from Polynesian to the Grand at night, very beautiful.
My daughter and I loved the Grand Floridian but my DH and DS love the Polynesian more. Since I’m the one who books the reservations it looks like our next trip will be at the Grand!:lmao::cool1::thumbsup2

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

So I've booked my first stay at the Grand for 11/1-11/6 of 2018. I always thought I'd stay here for a trip with my hubby, but it was one of the few options available to us with the military discount for our girls racecation so we booked it! Excited to try a new resort!

Congrats on booking your first GF stay. The resort is amazing, you will love it! :wizard:

Just got back from a 12-night stay. We were in Sago Cay, garden view (but our view was really the monorail -- quite close).

It was a good vacation overall, and the GF was beautiful, but we did have a few issues.

Sorry about the issues you encountered, but glad you had a good time overall and enjoyed the GF :).

Anyone have updated pictures of the weight room since the new equipment? My dad loved it there and I wanted to show him the new stuff.

Anyone have updated pictures of the weight room since the new equipment? My dad loved it there and I wanted to show him the new stuff.

Although I didn’t take any pictures, I just wanted to share that my husband loved the gym! He said there was a lot of equipment and it was really nice in there! He looked forward to going in there every morning! He won’t be disappointed!

Is this now a separate booking category? From what I have known this room set up is just request only. Either you get a standard-like room with a king bed on the 2nd floor or one of those turret rooms (no balcony) you were referring to. Please anybody correct me if I am wrong.

We have a garden view outer building room booked. I'm worried about being far from transportation, only because of all the running, but I'm sure it will be fine.
The GF buildings are well laid out and I don't think any of them is too far of a walk, especially for a runner. ;) But if you are worried about it, you could request to be close to the main building. We had a room in Big Pine Key and it was very convenient to the lobby and the quiet pool. :)

Later on during our trip, my husband got stuck in the bathroom! The door wasn't even locked this time, but totally jammed.
That sounds like a nightmare! The bathrooms at GF are badly in need of remodeling. Many resorts have nicer bathrooms, imo.

Also, as beautiful as the resort is around Christmas time, it truly is busy. Especially in the evening, around the time people are there for dinner or going to MK for fireworks, waiting in the long security line at the monorail was kind of inconvenient.
We found the huge groups of people using the monorail to see the decorations to be a bit annoying at times, too. It was especially bad if you happened to hit bag check when a large group was there.

Is this now a separate booking category? From what I have known this room set up is just request only. Either you get a standard-like room with a king bed on the 2nd floor or one of those turret rooms (no balcony) you were referring to. Please anybody correct me if I am wrong.

King deluxe main building is a bookable category but the type is by request. The website incorrectly says they are all larger rooms. You may request the larger or the “normal” size that are theme park view.

For those who have stayed in VGF how long would you estimate the walk to:

Monorail
Gasprillas
Beach pool
Dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter